• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Add a "Vault" option for storing buildings.

DeletedUser2479

A Vault could be added so that we can store buildings and rearrange our city.

For instance, a Vault icon (perhaps located next to the "move" icon) could be added. When we click on that an option could appear to "store" or "place". Once we click "store" and click on items in our City, it would store the buildings. We could then click again for "place" and the vault would open & we could click on the building we want to place in our City.

So much of the game is spent waiting, that I get frustrated there isn't more to do during this boring downtime. If this were added it would engage players for longer periods of time. It would also solve the frustrating periods where we *need* to move items around but have so little space to do that.

I believe this would add a much needed element to the game.

Also, it would be wonderful if we could hit the space bar to "rotate" a building. I realize you want to force us to enlarge our Cities, but this wouldn't really detract from forced enlargement, and would greatly enhance the pleasure of beautifying our City.

DeletedUser

Not to burst any bubbles, but the devs have already stated they have no intention of allowing building to be rotated or creating a "vault" to temporarily store buildings. They state the "puzzle" type of play of rearranging buildings is an intended challenge and they don't intend to change the process. However, they could always change their minds.

DeletedUser1436

There are enough challenges in this game without having such frustrating "space issues" and if it is about that then make MORE expansions available for purchase. I have already purchased all the expansions that were available and would like to be able to have more to work with. It's plenty challenging fitting those buildings in and having room to upgrade them when they require extra spaces for the upgrade.

DeletedUser188

You aren't the first to ask for this and wont be the last
The devs will not change their minds on this
They have no intention of adding a storage area for rearranging your city
I for one enjoy the challenge of trying to fit the buildings I have in the grid I have when it is time to upgrade and their orientation changes
The addition of a storage area would take that away and make an easy game even easier

DeletedUser627

I've seen the definite "no" response to rotating buildings. They want us to have to deal with the fixed dimensions of buildings as a difficulty factor in planning. Personally, I think that having the rotate option would increase complexity, and remove some of the inherent "luck of the draw" factor. The further we progress into the game, the more apparent it is that designers aren't considering the full impact of their decisions on players. Some combinations of buildings result in fewer roads than others; the most recent change in workshop orientation has produced some pretty significant disadvantages for certain Elven combinations, especially.

I haven't seen a response to the request for a storage option. In the long run, we can hope? The storage wouldn't even need to be a grid - it could just be a list...

DeletedUser1436

Animated gifs are not permitted, although we allow them behind a spoiler.
I get what your saying and I understand why the devs are set on the rule. For me I just like to build the city and they are so beautiful. Also with a crazy real life its hard to have the time to really devote to all of the challenges so it takes a long time to make it through the research tree. But I do understand and when not crunched for time I too enjoy the somewhat frustrating challenge of moving things around trying to make space for an upgrade or the new goods I can make and of course they get bigger and bigger as you move through the research. But as they say 'it's all good." lol I still have alot of fun with this game! It is awesome and I thank the ones who dreamed it up and put it together and maintain it! tytyty hats off to ya!
clapping hands.gif

Last edited by a moderator: