• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Add another level of neighborhood discovery

DeletedUser43

Currently, if you discover a neighbor then you don't have to pay a trader fee for their goods. But, it can be very difficult to get far from home and we all know how many people aren't trading, so getting goods can be quite difficult...a lot more difficult than I think the devs intended.

My idea is to have another tier of trading discovery. If I get partway to you and you get partway to me so that we each are "touching" then there will half the regular trader fee until we fully discover each other. So, instead of the trader taking a 50% fee, the trader will only take a 25% fee. That way if someone is in your neighborhood but you can't quite get to them, and they can't quite get to you, at least you could try to negotiate with each other and try to discover "touching" provinces so you each get a trader fee break.

Not sure if I wrote that well enough, so if you have any questions, just ask.

DeletedUser

Agree with that. 50 % is just too much and 25 % would be enough. However people are still accepting trades with this 50 % trader fee, only it takes a 5 days to trade 100 steel for 100 wood, i guess it would improve the numbers.

DeletedUser

Currently, if you discover a neighbor then you don't have to pay a trader fee for their goods. But, it can be very difficult to get far from home and we all know how many people aren't trading, so getting goods can be quite difficult...a lot more difficult than I think the devs intended.

My idea is to have another tier of trading discovery. If I get partway to you and you get partway to me so that we each are "touching" then there will half the regular trader fee until we fully discover each other. So, instead of the trader taking a 50% fee, the trader will only take a 25% fee. That way if someone is in your neighborhood but you can't quite get to them, and they can't quite get to you, at least you could try to negotiate with each other and try to discover "touching" provinces so you each get a trader fee break.

Not sure if I wrote that well enough, so if you have any questions, just ask.
I've had a similar idea myself, but I think this should be saved as a perk for guild members, as a way to encourage local guilds that try to expand a contiguous territory. Maybe drop the fee altogether if this kind of trading is limited to guilds.

DeletedUser366

That would be neat feature for the guild/alliance thing. Though I have a feeling some people would hop across alliances just to trade.

DeletedUser

That would be neat feature for the guild/alliance thing. Though I have a feeling some people would hop across alliances just to trade.

I think you misunderstand my idea. Hopping would not make sense. You still have to be near the people you trade with because of the OP's "touching" aspect. The odds of the #1 and #2 ranked players being in the same guild is low, because there is a low probability that they are close enough together in this scheme.

If anything, high-level players would be encouraged to adopt low-level players into their guild so they can form a "territory-bridge" with other high-level players. It would be a balanced relationship: the low-levels need the high-levels for faster progression, and the high-levels need the low-levels to establish a more robust, tax-free trade network.

DeletedUser

Another option would be to set up a second exploration system altogether. Exploration is currently based on how strong one's negotiating/military might is. These costs increase the further you go out. Make a new exploration system that would only effect trade ability. The costs of expanding that range would be fixed, no matter the distance. This would even open the option for additional researches. One for military/negotiation exploration, and one for trade route exploration.