• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Add Children to Residences as Culture Offset

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I did not see if anyone already mentioned this, but the people walking the streets are there purely from what graphics setting you have for the game. If you have the graphics set to High, there are people of your current chapter walking around. If you have the graphics set to Medium or Low, there is never anyone walking around. I don't know how this would effect the ideas here, but I am not sure Inno would care to redo the whole graphics thing just for kids.

Deleted User - 4259086

I did not see if anyone already mentioned this, but the people walking the streets are there purely from what graphics setting you have for the game. If you have the graphics set to High, there are people of your current chapter walking around. If you have the graphics set to Medium or Low, there is never anyone walking around. I don't know how this would effect the ideas here, but I am not sure Inno would care to redo the whole graphics thing just for kids.
Woaho_O really? Where is that option? There's not many people on my streets.
I'm on mobile though. Idk if that matters.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
How ironic. Many seniors live in places where kids aren't allowed and like it that way. But of course their eyesight isn't that good. So if they add this now they can choose! Annoying kids and see the screen well or no annoying kids and an annoyingly blurry screen! LOL!

AJ

shimmerfly

+1 on the kids! Maybe a whole new chapter and/or event.
Playgrounds would be nice and you could possibly win or pay to add more children. Or add them to residences as a bonus culture item.
Lots of good possiblilities in this thread.
(even if I do play with the graphics turned off due to old farty computer! ) :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Please don't make me slog through an entire chapter on kids. :(
But think of the opportunities for new play mechanics. Some quick ideas:
  • Requirements to repair damage to your other buildings (broken windows, fires etc. in residences and vandalism to culture buildings)
  • New coin and supply sinks as you have to purchase toys and entertainment equipment (sports, dance, music)
  • A plague that reduces your culture (including coin and supply production) until you build hospitals, isolate the kids, and get them their shots.
  • Further production reductions if you aren't successful in keeping a certain percentage of your visiting kid-race from joining gangs or turning to drugs
  • A new bullying index to factor into culture
  • Diversion of a percentage of your troop production into creating a police force to control some of the the above
Just think of them as noisier, smellier, more destructive, Orcs, and the chapter makes perfect sense.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@ashram You forgot to suggest a virus that makes everybody stay at home, destroys most of your goods production, and has politicians calling each other names and best of all, makes parents have to spend time with the little brats ...in other words the whole thing reverts to about kindergarten level until you find a cure or your city totally self-self- destructs.

AJ

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
@ashram You forgot to suggest a virus that makes everybody stay at home, destroys most of your goods production, and has politicians calling each other names and best of all, makes parents have to spend time with the little brats ...in other words the whole thing reverts to about kindergarten level until you find a cure or your city totally self-self- destructs.

AJ
I thought I was going for subtletly with "A plague that reduces your culture (including coin and supply production) until you build hospitals, isolate the kids, and get them their shots."

And your tag didn't work because its Ashrem, not Ashram.

AtaguS

But think of the opportunities for new play mechanics. Some quick ideas:
  • Requirements to repair damage to your other buildings (broken windows, fires etc. in residences and vandalism to culture buildings)
  • New coin and supply sinks as you have to purchase toys and entertainment equipment (sports, dance, music)
  • A plague that reduces your culture (including coin and supply production) until you build hospitals, isolate the kids, and get them their shots.
  • Further production reductions if you aren't successful in keeping a certain percentage of your visiting kid-race from joining gangs or turning to drugs
  • A new bullying index to factor into culture
  • Diversion of a percentage of your troop production into creating a police force to control some of the the above
Just think of them as noisier, smellier, more destructive, Orcs, and the chapter makes perfect sense.

And the most expensive culture item will be a daycare center...polish the center and your city reverts back to the days-before-the-chapter for 8 blessed hours :)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
You only think you do. It wasn't really all that....
the original announcement with an image: WONKEY WALTERS is coming to town

That was my very first event after I started playing and I got my tent while in chapter 3. I still have it to remember that time and to help remember when I started playing.

Plus, we don't need children in the game. We already have Goblins (the small critters in the Orcs chapter that people forget) and Halflings. lol

NightshadeCS

That was my very first event after I started playing and I got my tent while in chapter 3. I still have it to remember that time and to help remember when I started playing.

By Jove, you do! Kudos to you for holding on to that for so long. And not upgrading it!

Wonky Walter.jpg