• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Add More neighborly help Options

• Thread starter DeletedUser12423
  • Start date

DeletedUser12423

We need to be able to help our friends in battle, directly through neighborly help to barracks. Like all good ideas, this will probably be dismissed. I am actually giving up on Inno Games due to the fact. But if you want to keep your players...make good changes...

Another thing. Neighborly help should not be so limited on the hourly setting, it should be reduced to every 16 hours instead of 24. Because we lose an hour every day a little later and a little later...until we have to wait an entire friggin day to reset. So fix it. Stop letting me down. Stop letting others down. Do a good job and design the game to where it is fun. There are too many instances where the game stops being fun.

My Regards,
-Ironman Rob

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Another thing. Neighborly help should not be so limited on the hourly setting, it should be reduced to every 16 hours instead of 24. Because we lose an hour every day a little later and a little later...until we have to wait an entire friggin day to reset. So fix it. Stop letting me down. Stop letting others down. Do a good job and design the game to where it is fun. There are too many instances where the game stops being fun.
Actually it is and always has been set to 23h, so you don't in fact "lose an hour"
If you do your visits every day at the same time, even if it takes you 59 minutes to do them, it works perfectly.

If you are going to be rude demanding and judgmental, at least try to be right.
We need to be able to help our friends in battle, directly through neighborly help to barracks. Like all good ideas, this will probably be dismissed. I am actually giving up on Inno Games due to the fact. But if you want to keep your players...make good changes...
This is half a suggestion at best,what would such a buff do?

Last edited:

Laochra

We need to be able to help our friends in battle, directly through neighborly help to barracks.
This is half a suggestion at best,what would such a buff do?
I was just thinking about something like this just the other day when my FS friends were discussing the MA & its usefulness or possible lack of in some instances. When you look at what the MA can make, there is a empty space where another enhancement could possibly fit. I was thinking that perhaps there could be an enhancement for our armies-I don't know if it could be something that could temporarily boost the training size-to help with a push for tourneys, or maybe a limited-time specialty boost to one type of soldier--maybe it could be good for a set number of squads.
This could also be a buff that is offered in the NH chests when we visit our FS friends. Other than that, I am not sure how we could directly help each others' armies. Not likely that Inno would let us borrow our friends' armies for an hour or so. ;)

SoggyShorts

I was thinking that perhaps there could be an enhancement for our armies
I see 2 possibilities. Either a boost to the barracks or a boost to units.
Barracks would either increase training speed(like an upgrade), or queue length(like an armory)
Units buffs could either be HP (like the unleashed units building) or damage

Something that needs to be considered for any change to fighting is that the devs could very very easily reduce difficulty by reducing enemy HP or squad size by x%. Since they have not done so, we can assume that they feel the difficulty is at an appropriate level. Therefore any buff needs to be balanced with a nerf.

For example if the new spell increased the hitpoints of your units by 10%, then a balance could be lowering all units HP by 5%.
Likewise if the buff increased training speed by 10%, then your normal training speed could be reduced by 5%.

This is all assuming if it was a spell that you cast.
If it was a visit buff, then in a decent FS it would be very easy to have 100% uptime during the rare times that you fight, and would have to come with a much harsher balancing nerf.

Last edited:

Laochra

Something that needs to be considered for any change to fighting is that the devs could very very easily reduce difficulty by reducing enemy HP or squad size by x%.
I like this suggestion the best--it could be a MA buff that reduced an enemies squad size for x-number of encounters.

SoggyShorts

I like this suggestion the best--it could be a MA buff that reduced an enemies squad size for x-number of encounters.
I think that playing with the enemy units temporarily might be harder to implement that playing with yours, but either way, what would the counter balance to this be?

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Not really sure. Maybe training speed could be slowed during that time.
Now that is interesting.
An unrelated penalty for using the spell... I love it.
A possible issue is that it could involve a new mechanic. Currently if you start training a stack, and then disconnect your needles, the training time of the units you already started does not change.
A possible way around this would be for the penalty to last 24 hours. Since pretty much no one has a 24h long queue, it would definitely have an affect on them.

Also I'm concerned that making a spell last for X encounters when all other spells are time based might involve a level of coding complication that is beyond inno;)

That is why I would prefer the +10% health spell as it uses an existing mechanic (the unleashed units event building) and should therefore be reasonable to implement.

EDIT: Oooooooooh, I just thought of a way this could be made more interesting!
I played a game once that had a "trick or treat" mechanic where someone could cast a nerf on you decreasing your production by 50%, but if you got a buff on a "tricked" building, it would cancel that nerf and buff it by 200%

Combining all of those ideas we get:
  • You cast the unleashed spell which increases your troop health by x%, but
  • it also reduces your training speed by x% for 24 hours.
  • If someone visit buffs your barracks, it reduces those 24h by 6 hours each time until it's gone

Last edited:

Laochra

A possible way around this would be for the penalty to last 24 hours.
I think that would be a good way to go, since it works with the same game mechanics. I would prefer to have a temporary reduction in enemy troops with the MA buff, though-as it seems to be a common complaint for players. So if the MA buff reduces the enemy troops for 24 hours, it could also have a 24-hour reduction in the training speed. Not sure how they would implement other players buffing the barracks........o_O

SoggyShorts

I would prefer to have a temporary reduction in enemy troops with the MA buff, though-as it seems to be a common complaint for players.
Yeah I totally get that, but really it's the same thing. If there are 10% fewer enemy troops, or if your troops have 10% more health, the difficulty change
is about the same.
The difference is that the health bonus is using coding that already exists in the game, but the enemy troop reduction would require something totally new.
Not sure how they would implement other players buffing the barracks........o_O
I imagine it would be something like a level 4 builder's hut.
Instead of being able to hold 4 builder buffs, it can take 4 training time reduction buffs.