• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Add preferred help and boosts to the profile

DeletedUser6857

In order to indicate to helpers what their preferences are for neighborly help, people need to bastardize their city names to show this preference. It is also common to include boosts somewhere in the city names (to aid FS admins). This just makes the city names ugly.

Can there be someplace in the profile to indicate these preferences (1st, 2nd, 3rd). And display these and boosts below the city name?

If you want to really go to town you could give some type of bonus for offering the preferred help when visiting.

DeletedUser6335

I agree - I've stated it elsewhere myself. I think being able to name the cities adds to the "atmosphere" of the game;having to choose a shorter name or have no name at all to indicate help preferences *and* possibly AWs to put KP in kills that. There has to be some way to add a menu that appears offering 1st, 2nd, 3rd choices for help - and possibly indicating *what* in the case of Culture help, as well as AW preference for help.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
2ag1zky.jpg

Something basic like that should do the trick

DeletedUser7611

I would be happy if the random treasure chests didn't turn into an Easter egg hunt/ Where's Waldo? to claim - players should place the buildings they want boosted first/more often near their town halls or there should be a buildings that require boosting screen (where players can rank the order of preference) and you don't have to load 40+ screens in order to do so header icon *--- on City on your world map

edeba

Then there was the "bug" that made the treasure chest always be in the same place and they thought that needed to be fixed... Looking for the treasure chest is novel at first and just plain annoying after about the 5th day. They should reimplement that bug.

I would be happy if the random treasure chests didn't turn into an Easter egg hunt/ Where's Waldo? to claim - players should place the buildings they want boosted first/more often near their town halls or there should be a buildings that require boosting screen (where players can rank the order of preference) and you don't have to load 40+ screens in order to do so header icon *--- on City on your world map

DeletedUser6857

2ag1zky.jpg

Something basic like that should do the trick

Of course your order would only get you the first choice ;). MH is never full. I hate when people list MH first and then culture. Then when they put spells on the culture buildings to boot :rolleyes:. I have tried to explain this to people but they just don't / won't get it.

The other thing is asking for builders in a new city. Asking to save 10s off your build time is CRAZY!

SoggyShorts

Of course your order would only get you the first choice ;). MH is never full.
For the most part it is true, but somewhere (chapter 5?) you can do multiple back to back upgrades on your MH.
Personally I always wanted Builder, then culture up to chapter 9 when I had to make a dozen Willows and my culture went nuts- now it's BH>MH

DeletedUser7611

Then there was the "bug" that made the treasure chest always be in the same place and they thought that needed to be fixed... Looking for the treasure chest is novel at first and just plain annoying after about the 5th day. They should reimplement that bug.
Best bug ever more like it, what was the last update the "bug" was in? I think reverting back to that version even if it undoes ALL updates since is worth it - wait I recall always same spot and I'm fairly new..

DeletedUser1269

I like the general idea, but why not go all the way and make the icons click-able. No need to search for the builder hut and it could always choose the highest culture available when you click culture. That would be useful as with all the event culture buildings most of us have no idea which culture building to click to give the highest culture available.

HelenaReign

Of course your order would only get you the first choice ;). MH is never full. I hate when people list MH first and then culture. Then when they put spells on the culture buildings to boot :rolleyes:. I have tried to explain this to people but they just don't / won't get it.

The other thing is asking for builders in a new city. Asking to save 10s off your build time is CRAZY!

Is that it? 10s??

DeletedUser6857

Is that it? 10s??

It's only 10% of the build time. So for a new city where the build times are in minutes it's so small that it's practically nothing. I would argue that even when your build times go into the hours it makes no sense. So on a 4 hr build time you would save 24 minutes. So what? It's not as if you are sitting there watching that 4 hr build. Even when the build time is 20 hrs you would save 2 hrs. Either way it's the better part of a day and you will just come back the next day. All-in-all builder help is not worth all that much. Even on the longest build time that I found, the last MH upgrade, for a 50 hr build you would save 5 hours. So maybe for those rare super long builds I might ask for a builder assist but probably not even then. I would still rather get a culture boost that improves all my supply and coin collections or just direct coins in my MH.

SoggyShorts

All-in-all builder help is not worth all that much.
It very much depends on your build and activity. When you get to higher chapters and need to upgrade all of your workshops and all of your residences twice each, shaving an hour on close to 100 upgrades does add up.
Also, if you only need a few buffs to hit max culture(170% without spells) then what you are actually comparing is builder vs mainhall buffs. If you get coin capped every day and have to dump excess in the wholesaler, then you are comparing a tiny amount of goods vs builder.

DeletedUser8331

I like the general idea, but why not go all the way and make the icons click-able. No need to search for the builder hut and it could always choose the highest culture available when you click culture. That would be useful as with all the event culture buildings most of us have no idea which culture building to click to give the highest culture available.

This is a FANTASTIC idea!