• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Adding a Caches tab to Seasons that feature an alternative way to get evolution buildings and tokens

bulldurham2

Details: In addition to tabs for Quests and Rewards, there will be a Caches tab. You can craft caches to give you sought after items. The first cache is free. You must buy a new Premium Season Pass to craft one every 10 levels gained in the season

Evolve buildings and tokens have become a jumbled mess. In another game I play, players get a free trading card each season that is chosen from a card that rotates every so many hours. I think the same thing can work in Elvenar.

Players will be able to donate materials to make a chest (cache). The first cache is open to all players and rotates once a day. The key item that rotates in is an evolution token prioritized to one a player is missing (has an evolved building of less than 10).

After that, players can purchase a Premium Season Pass for 4500 Diamonds (or 1500 if the regular Season Pass of 3000 Diamonds was purchased first.) With the premium pass, a player gets three caches instead of just one whose contents rotate daily (the second cache only appears once the first is completed, etc.) Also with the premium pass, every 10 levels gives players an opportunity to donate materials for another cache that has a chance to have a missing evolve token (or a missing base if the player has no bases placed or has evolve tokens in inventory without a base.) The cache that comes every 10 levels isn’t revealed like the free ones.

The other times in the caches will be powerful rewards, but what I’m most interested in is a way to get evolution tokens that I’m missing (or a base — I have 9 evolution tokens for the fire phoenix, but the base never appears for me in the Magic Academy’s crafting tab).

I would prefer that donated materials not have to include royal restoration when it comes to evolution tokens.

Benefits / Pros: This helps alleviate the clutter of evolved buildings and evolution tokens. It gives players a chance to finish an evolved building missed before on incomplete additional evolved building.

Downsides / Cons: Players will not like having to buy a premium pass. Also, there may be gambling restrictions in some countries (which is why I have the premium pass to include an additional two chests that players can see before they donate materials to get it.)

bulldurham2

Another approach to alleviating the problem might be to have a menu somewhere that has all the evolving buildings you have placed, have in inventory, and don't have. You can favorite the ones you don't have that you want. That way either when an evolving building comes up in the MA, you either have a greater chance to get the building or a guaranteed chance of getting an evolving building that you want.

Currently, we have to waste resources buying evolving buildings we will never build to put in our inventory so that it doesn't come up again as an option in the MA. This makes the game less fun. We should be using resources towards the things we want and not towards things we don't want.

bulldurham2

Well we now have a Premium Season Pass. I disagree that this pass should only involve gaining petals because we can purchase petals separately anyway, so there's no significant advantage to buying a Premium Season Pass now. Other games I have played do give bonus progression in season rewards for purchasing premium, but there's also other benefits baked in like one free collector's card (for an online card game I play.) This free card is done to alleviate the pain of not getting a card you want from a random cache. The one thing with Elvenar that is a similar pain point is getting 9 evolution relics and a matching evolving building base. The system of spending multiple blueprints for one evolution relic is not sustainable. I already spend the blueprints to get Royal Restorations. The system of getting an evolution relic from the spire is not a good one in my opinion either. I recently got 7 Boblin tokens and laid out that evolving building only to have the Boblin tokens replaced by a new one the following week. Now I'm stuck with an Evolution 8 building that I can only get more tokens through the MA and at a great cost.