• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

advanced couts

• Thread starter Deleted User - 849353512
  • Start date

Deleted User - 849353512

Hello,

In chapters 2 and 3 after paying to open advance scouts, I found the units and the price to scout going up. Since chapter 2 the cost has 63,000 and 100,00. In chapter 3 the cost to explorer is 110,000. This is without counting the troops that go from 71 to 152. It states that the troops and cost should come down.

Best regards,

Jean

Stay safe

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The troop costs don't come down. It's just that the provinces get easier, and the cost to cater gets a bit cheaper. In other words, if your UNSCOUTED provinces were red and orange before opening advanced scouts, they should be at least one step down in color, such as orange and yellow.

Deleted User - 849353512

The problem they have been red for the last two chapters.
The troop costs don't come down. It's just that the provinces get easier, and the cost to cater gets a bit cheaper. In other words, if your UNSCOUTED provinces were red and orange before opening advanced scouts, they should be at least one step down in color, such as orange and yellow.

Alram

Flippers just flip
How many provinces have you completed? Each completed province makes the next one slightly harder. If you're completing them in numbers way more than what is needed to open the chest for the next chapter, that could be your issue.
It might also be that they are scouting outward instead of in a ring around their city(?)

Gladiola

Scouting and province costs in general will keep increasing for the rest of the game. Advanced scouting research just makes them increase more slowly.

The advanced scouting research makes scouting costs go down, and also the troop and catering costs but only in provinces that haven't yet been scouted.

If all of your provinces are red, it is possible you have scouted too far away or more likely have completed more than the recommended number of provinces. When you open the chest at the beginning of the chapter, there is a requirement to have a certain number of provinces completed. Try to stay around that number.

I am in chapter 3 with 35 of 50 provinces completed, and the cost to scout my next province is 19k coins, compared to your report of 110k coins. This suggests that you are pretty dramatically overexpanded and may have to delay additional scouting for a couple chapters until your research catches up.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The problem they have been red for the last two chapters.
That happened to me; I had way overscouted in the beginning. There isn't a tutorial that tells you not to scout, so there was no way to know except by coming to the forum and finding out here. I had to stop scouting entirely for two chapters. It sucked, but I had to complete all those red ones while they remained hard, just a little at a time, and wait to do more until I got those done. It took a long time, but by the time I was in chapter five, I had finally gotten to where my provinces were blue and green.

I wish Elvenar had a tutorial that gave you tips like that, and that you could complete like a quest line, you know, read the tutorial and get some kind of reward. It would have helped both of us, I think.

flatzo.

I was way worse than you guys were - I think it took me about five chapters to get back to normal LOL!

The-long-awaited-over-scouting-warning

Maybe that link will help others - it surely did me. (after it was too late)

Words of advice:
As you enter a new chapter, check your NEXT chapter after that one you are entering as there is usually
how to "transition from this to that" threads, etc. The further along you get the more important it becomes
to read ahead to know what to expect..

At some point (I can’t remember when/where) you can actually over scout if you want to.

Right now I am 31 provinces over scouted to open my next chapter chest but I am a long way to get
through the 13 HARD researches to get there.

Best of luck to all!