• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Advanced Scouts description and benefits

• Thread starter DeletedUser4778
  • Start date

DeletedUser4778

I would respectfully like to ask the mods to pass on the following requests to the devs:

1. For the Advanced Scouts research to include in the description that it also reduces encounter difficulty so that new players and people who don't go to the forums are aware of this and do not make the same "mistake" that many have.

2. For Advanced Scouts to apply retroactively to any open and unsolved encounters. This probably won't help those who have super "overscouted" but it will be a little help to those who have only slightly "overscouted" and definitely help those who are within the province count for a chapter. Since the information that Advanced Scouts also reduces encounter difficulty is not part of the description (as it very well should have been from the moment it affected encounters), I believe it is fair to apply this benefit retroactively. Besides, shouldn't new knowledge help people deal better with current situations?

Many thanks for your time and consideration.

P. S. I actually have quite a wish list but will confine myself to these two for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4815

I have seen a lot of posts reguarding encounters, battles specifically, and I agree with most of them. I say, bring aspects of the old battle system back. Keep the current Barracks menu and unit resistances, but reduce the size of the Squads guarding the provinces, maybe like how you said it, use the Advanced Scouts item in the Research menu to drop the Resource Price for encounters and Squad Size of enemies by 5% for every Advanced Scouts that the player has active. That would help the player, and it isn't game-breaking as it's only a 5% decrease in difficulty.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
use the Advanced Scouts item in the Research menu to drop the Resource Price for encounters and Squad Size of enemies by 5% for every Advanced Scouts that the player has active.

Do you mean reduce the enemy by a further 5%? Because this is exactly how it works now.
TBH a 5-10% overall tweak would be fine I think.

DeletedUser4778

Do you mean reduce the enemy by a further 5%? Because this is exactly how it works now.
TBH a 5-10% overall tweak would be fine I think.

From what I've read and understood in other posts -- and do correct me if I'm wrong -- Advanced Scouts only reduces the encounter difficulty for provinces you have not yet scouted and then scout once you've unlocked the research. Its benefits do not apply to provinces you have already scouted but not conquered. Yes, I agree 5% isn't much. 10% would be much better especially considering each chapter's Advanced Scouts costs more KP and resources.

That would help the player, and it isn't game-breaking as it's only a 5% decrease in difficulty.

Exactly! Not game-breaking at all. The devs can maintain their precious "balance" and at the same time give players a little break.

DeletedUser4815

Exactly! Right now, the game is unbalanced in favor of the AI. If the devs would fix THAT, I would fight more.

DeletedUser4778

I'm really disappointed that this has not been implemented and probably not even noticed by the powers-that-be. Has this suggestion been made by anyone in beta? I'm tired of suffering from lack of proper communication and implementation.

DeletedUser2963

bump,
I'm really disappointed that this has not been implemented and probably not even noticed by the powers-that-be.
Maybe if we keep them floating they will get noticed and passed on. Inno needs to do something IN GAME to let new players know the rules of expansion. New players are tripping and falling into the dead zone!

Retroactive application of the advanced scout tech...applying it to ALL provinces open and shut would be a simple way to get players out of the dead zone.

DeletedUser4778

Maybe if we keep them floating they will get noticed and passed on.

I've been mentioning it in different threads whenever it's relevant. I'm hoping someone in beta will mention it if they haven't already since a couple of people have told me that feedback there gets more attention from the mods.

edeba

They need to tweak the whole advance scout thing. Making the game slow and boring just seems like a bad idea. I am on chapter 6 and I've gotten to where I have to wait for scouting as all of my open provinces are finished. My scouting is still under a day, but I think half the time would be better. They are good a creating boredom.