• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Advanced Scouts

SassKatt

I know we research advanced scouts with each chapter. It states that the advanced scouts significantly reduce scouting costs, as well as decrease the cost of negotiation and the difficulty of the fights within the scouted province.
My questions are:
1) what percentage is the scouting cost decreased by?
2) what percentage are the costs of negotiation decreased?
3) Is the difficulty of the fights decreased in say hex ring 3, which is where I was when this particular advanced scout was unlocked? Or what exactly does this mean?
I have attempted to find these answers within the Wiki to no avail and I have a couple of new members asking for clarification on this matter.
Thanks for assisting.

DeletedUser3297

The scout reduction is not set at a 25% That is only for your first advance scout for chapter 2. Once you unlock the advance scout of your next chapter, take note of the reduction times in the splash screen that comes up before you close it. Here are the reduction amounts for all the advance scout up to Dwarves:

Chap 2. 25%
chap 3. 19%
chap 4. 14%
chap 5. 11%
chap 6. 8%

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The scout reduction is not set at a 25%
Chap 2. 25%
chap 3. 19%
chap 4. 14%
chap 5. 11%
chap 6. 8%
I think it's still a 25% reduction every time, it only displays the rounded number though
25.00% x 0.75 = 18.75 rounded to 19 on display
18.75% x 0.75 = 14.0625 rounded to 14 on display
14.0625% x 0.75 = 10.546875 rounded to 11 on display
10.546875 x 0.75 = 7.91015625 rounded to 8 on display

DeletedUser4778

I posted this before as per the info I got from Platinum Leaf. Will hunt for it again. It is 25% from what I remember but the benefit goes down with each Advanced Scouts research.

EDIT: Found it.
Each Advanced Scouting tech at the beginning of a new chapter provides a 25% reduction in Scouting Costs, Scouting Times, Negotiation Costs, and Combat Difficulty.
So the reductions are:
Chapter I 100%
Chapter II 75%
Chapter III 56%
Chapter IV 42%
Chapter V 32%
Chapter VI 23%
Chapter VII 17%

That is why opening a new chapter and unlocking the Advanced Scout gives you less and less advantage as you progress.
There are those who think this is not fair to advanced players...

Full post here:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207373582238403&set=oa.1652024521719596&type=3&theater

Last edited by a moderator:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
It is 25% from what I remember but the benefit goes down with each Advanced Scouts research.

That is why opening a new chapter and unlocking the Advanced Scout gives you less and less advantage as you progress.
There are those who think this is not fair to advanced players...

Sure is 25% each time, it is applied to the new percentage hence the diminishing returns. Something to note though is later era players get a lot more provinces per ring so I think it evens out a bit. Either way you still get enough squads to combat the troops in those eras so it works out.