• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

All resource buildings should function like Workshops

• Thread starter Deleted User - 849002134
  • Start date

Deleted User - 849002134

As new player ( month old), there's one major issue I'd like to bring up.

To me this game is about decorating your city in cool ways, however, the current resource production and collection system makes it bit of a chore.

Example : If I want to let's say decorate my castle with fun shaky trees ( Planks manufactory), and use same method to spice up my buildings all around the town, I have to move about everywhere to enable their resource productions. Of course lining them all up is efficient, but also quite ugly method to decorate, least in my view.

Workshops however, allow you to assign same production to all workshops, despite their location, making them much more efficient.

Why not allow this feature for ALL resource production buildings?

Additional thing I'd like to suggest became apparent to me during this ( Sorcerers Journey) event.
It's the need to change production to a specific item to satisfy a mission goal.

Example : I log in once or twice a day so I like to use 9 hour to 1 day production times. Now event quest I complete is followed by one that asks me to produce lets say 3 hour production 11 times . Now I have to go manually cancelling every building and swapping their production, as mentioned early as I like to decorate my town instead making clusters, this is bit, well, unrefined.

So I suggest adding option to cancel ALL productions on same production type buildings at once. Combine this with the earlier suggestion to implement workshop style ability to put same production to all building at once, the game will come lot, lot smoother to deal with.

Perhaps also implement something like this for coin collection. I know I am bit lazy here, but to me this is a relaxing game that doesn't need me to stay online 24 hours a day just to plant a tree. So I hope it's not too much to ask =)

AtaguS

Hi @Caeldrin Al Sarefas welcome to the game and to the forum!
You aren't the first person to ask for this...and I do hope it gets implemented at some point as it's a great idea. And you add a good reason to the "Pro" list of why this would be a positive change in the game. It certainly gives more flexibility to players who prefer to have their factories spread around their towns instead of clumped together. I have always thought that this game would benefit from having more creative options in the decorating your city side of things - most especially for early chapter players. As you progress, the demands of the game change a little and you may find yourself making other design choices but until then...why not make decorating more accessible?

I like the cancel all option as well.

I personally like sweeping across my houses to collect coins but that's just me! No doubt there are others here that will disagree with me. There has recently been a new format developed for suggestions so they have a better chance at reaching the developer's ears. One of the things asked for in that format is a pros and cons list. They will want to see at least one con in the suggestion - some way in which this change may not be a good idea. Once a suggestion is formatted and has had a bit of forum discussion, you can ask one of the moderators to put it to a poll. Then, with enough support, your suggestion gets forwarded. Best of luck!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@AtaguS I like the "cancel all" button too. So many times I've checked the box and set all my workshops to the wrong production! Arggggg.... Ditto for my mfrs as well.

How about a "collect all" button as well that allows you to...."collect all?" LOL. Instead of sweeping around my city in the to "collect all" I hit the button and watch all the hundreds of floaters go sailing up telling me I've just collected a ton of stuff.

Well, that's my 2-cents worth.

AJ

Yogi Dave

I still enjoy the floating goodies and sounds. With the sound turned on, if you've placed your buildings well and gauge your timing you can play a tune by collecting. This can be very interesting when it's your shroom farms in orcs that you've setup for different shroom types. It's also nice collecting mana. But is way beyond my talents to get more than an imagination of a tune. A 'collect all' does have it's appeal. So often there is that one or seven pieces hidden way off to the side or under a cabbage leaf that I miss. It gets a bit tedious having to drag my city around to find them all. However, if the goods have a cap, such as coins, supplies and some guest race goods I'd still have to be sure there weren't some goods which were not collected and deal with them.
Why not allow this feature for ALL resource production buildings?
When someone else asked about this @Ashrem gave the reason it doesn't work. Setting up workshops is free. Factories and all other buildings have a cost to start a production. So, when you don't have all the resources to start them all, which ones are started and which are not? It begins to get complicated when you try and come up with rules that enough people will agree on. 'Cancel all' has a similar problem which I've already mentioned, but it's easier to handle.

Deleted User - 4646370

I see a slight con for the "collect all" button : it increases the chances of accidentally collecting productions one keeps for events.

Palavyn

I like the idea of setting all productions simultaneously, just like with workshops.

In collecting, a lot of the time it doesn't collect something, even though I sweep across the corresponding building. It would be nice to have a "collect all". Or an advisor that tells you about things you missed. For example, "You didn't collect those light melee units from the Dwarven Bulwark. Shall I take care of it for you?" The collect all or advisor could be an icon that looks like the quest icons, but is lower.

Yogi Dave

In collecting, a lot of the time it doesn't collect something, even though I sweep across the corresponding building.
Yeah, this happens to me too. If I sweep my mouse slower, it doesn't miss them. Knowing that doesn't mean I've changed my habits. It still happens a lot.

ajqtrz

I like the idea of setting all productions simultaneously, just like with workshops.

In collecting, a lot of the time it doesn't collect something, even though I sweep across the corresponding building. It would be nice to have a "collect all". Or an advisor that tells you about things you missed. For example, "You didn't collect those light melee units from the Dwarven Bulwark. Shall I take care of it for you?" The collect all or advisor could be an icon that looks like the quest icons, but is lower.

Or even an icon you scroll over that pops up a list of things to be collected. When it's empty you know you're done. "Productions Ready in ..." whatever the building is, would be all it had to say, though it could also report what was there, I suppose.

Palavyn

Or even an icon you scroll over that pops up a list of things to be collected. When it's empty you know you're done. "Productions Ready in ..." whatever the building is, would be all it had to say, though it could also report what was there, I suppose.
I like this idea. It could show the 10 most relevant items, which would be uncollected resources if you have them. Once you've collected everything, it shows the next 10 buildings where productions will be ready, and when they will be ready. Or even if it just showed one item, that would be extremely useful.

ajqtrz

I think the original suggestion is only asking for a collect all option for coins at this point.

The original posts mentions planks and that the poster, I think, wants is a button to collect things that are not next to each other...planks being his/her example as he/she places them around the city for their beauty. The collect coins button is an "also" at the end of his/her post.

But you do have a point in that we are sort of exploring the whole idea of collection and not directly addressing his point in some ways.

AJ

AtaguS

The original posts mentions planks and that the poster, I think, wants is a button to collect things that are not next to each other...planks being his/her example as he/she places them around the city for their beauty. The collect coins button is an "also" at the end of his/her post.
I read the suggestion as wanting a start all and a cancel all option to factories. And a collect all for coins. Perhaps the collect all option for factories was implied and I am reading it wrong. In any event, I do agree we need some clarity on that before it could move to a vote.

truelinor

I would love this option - and have thought of it myself, but never wrote it out. But I'm all for it, even if it's just end up being just a cancel all. That would still be an improvement over having to click everything you started on one item when the quest asks for another.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Starting all factories is desirable under certain conditions, but carries substantial baggage that would require some fairly selective coding.
  • Unlike Workshops, Factories require inputs of coin, supplies, and other goods. What happens if you set all and don't have enough of something to fill the recipe? How will the code decide which factories start and which ones won't? Will it tell you it only started some? Workshops are never stopped from running a batch.
  • Later in the game (including all guest races) factories produce different things on different time settings setting all at once may cause production of things you don't want which can be a costly error.
  • During events, accidentally starting a factory for the wrong duration would be catastrophic, potentially setting you back by many hours as you have to cancel and restart when you realize you aren't getting what you intended.

NightshadeCS

• Unlike Workshops, Factories require inputs of coin, supplies, and other goods. What happens if you set all and don't have enough of something to fill the recipe? How will the code decide which factories start and which ones won't? Will it tell you it only started some? Workshops are never stopped from running a batch.

Ah, Ashrem, you have cleared up a mystery so nicely for me! Glad to have someone point out this element, and stop my wondering why the developers adopted different methods on mobile, where you can start all workshops at once, but have the blue arrow to move to other factories. This makes sense now, completely.

With that said, I think the blue arrow could be added to PC to make things easier to set.

truelinor

Starting all factories is desirable under certain conditions, but carries substantial baggage that would require some fairly selective coding.
I think they could make it so that they just wouldn't start, like in the Spire, when taking the Diplomatic Approach and you don't have enough of a good or supply, you can't offer anything to them at all. All the supplies needed could be calculated for that batch and if it's not enough, it would just show up in red. Then you would just have to go and produce some more - or gain some more - before proceeding. Wouldn't that work? At least on the basic nine factories - not the settlement ones? I would really like this feature, myself. :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think they could make it so that they just wouldn't start, like in the Spire, when taking the Diplomatic Approach and you don't have enough of a good or supply, you can't offer anything to them at all. All the supplies needed could be calculated for that batch and if it's not enough, it would just show up in red. Then you would just have to go and produce some more - or gain some more - before proceeding. Wouldn't that work? At least on the basic nine factories - not the settlement ones? I would really like this feature, myself. :)
They certainly could. My point is that the programming is not the same as workshops, so it's not really good to work from the assumption that they can just make them the same as workshops. This would take more code and effort, and it would probably never make everyone happy because whatever trade-offs they pick will disappoint some players.