• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Allow Crafting of Already Owned Evolving Buildings

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
We all know that if you own an evolving building it will not show up in the Magic Academy.
And this is a good thing.
If someone could craft ten Brown Bears and Fire Chickens and whatever, it would be chaos.

But there is a problem people run into.
Many people have old buildings that they did not level up as they progressed in the game.
If someone got a Bear when they were Chapter 3, they probably were not able to level it as they moved up in chapters.
So now that building is 5, 6, 7 chapters behind.
It is still useful for the feeding bonus, but if it gives goods or other resources, they are probably inadequate for the person's new level.

So what do they do?
They can hold onto the building and just deal with the low production.
Or
They can sell it and hope to have a new one come up for crafting in the MA.
But what if it is evolved?
Do you want to scrap a building that is evolved five or more times and start over?
I wouldn't.

So here is my proposal.
Allow already owned evolved building to ome up in the MA.
But
For a person who owns it, part of the craft price would be the old building.
So you would still only have one.
It would be nice if the new one would craft at the same evolution as the old.
But that can be discussed.

I'll be interested to see what others think.
PS
Just as a point of interest. This proposal would not benefit me in any way.
I am Chapter 19, all my buildings are fully evolved and leveled.
If I ever get to Chapter 20 I have plenty of restorations to level them again.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Do you want to scrap a building that is evolved five or more times and start over?
I wouldn't.

I would, and have, but only because I had collected enough new artifacts from the Spire to make it worthwhile. To me, that means not replacing an older level 10 building unless I can get the replacement to at least level 7, or level 8 for some of them, because that is when they really start being useful. In my Beta city, I sold off a chapter 8, level 10 building because I would be able to replace it with a chapter 15, level 7 building, which was so much better and only lost out on a couple of KP at level 10. But if I could have kept the old one in my city until I could have crafted a new base, I would have.

But the coding on evolving buildings is so weird. You can't craft a 2nd base, but you can buy another, if it is offered in a sale, or you can win one from an event, if a Tome that offers a choice of bases is a prize. Like you said, there needs to be a limit on crafting or we could all just end up with 10 Brown Bears and 10 Fire Phoenix. Maybe at least change the coding so that any evolving building that is not a Pet can be crafted, even if we have one, and limit the Pets to only show up in crafting if you do not own it at all.

Lady Dastardly

I like the idea behind this, but one downside is that it would negate the current ability to remove those buildings from the crafting rotation to increase the odds of getting the other bldgs that are needed much more frequently (i.e. troop boosters, festival merchants, orc nests, etc).

Yogi Dave

I like the idea behind this, but one downside is that it would negate the current ability to remove those buildings from the crafting rotation to increase the odds of getting the other bldgs that are needed much more frequently (i.e. troop boosters, festival merchants, orc nests, etc)
Ditto big time! Please, please, please don't reduce my change of getting 5d buildings.

defiantoneks

hm. i admit i am here and there on it. if your building is old enough and not levelled, perhaps you're better off just stashing it away and using one of the newer buildings. space is limited and at some point you have to chose between which evolving buildings to keep. if you chose to go ahead and trash it because its usefulness is that limited, a new one will come up and you can decide then to grab it.

what i would also like to consider is, if you have one and do elect to delete it (sell), perhaps the payoff is a portion of the evolves/artefacts back in your inventory. then if you build a new one, you can have a headstart on it.

Yogi Dave

what i would also like to consider is, if you have one and do elect to delete it (sell), perhaps the payoff is a portion of the evolves/artefacts back in your inventory. then if you build a new one, you can have a headstart on it.
This is acceptable. Deleting it would allow it to eventually come up in the MA. I don't mind there being a penalty of losing a few artifacts when deleting the old one since you would have had to use RR spells to upgrade it. Also, if you have some artifacts for that building you might be able to fully evolve it.

There is another consideration. I have 2 of several of the buildings. If I deleted one, a new one wouldn't pop up in the MA. Well, you can't have everything, Yogi. Either eat your cake or keep it and use RRs to upgrade it.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The choice you made to NOT level you building up is coming back to haunt you. Your solution is to make it possible to avoid the impact of those choices. The current solution is: if you are 3 chapters behind, get 48 RR to upgrade the building. If you are in a blueprint a week fellowship and each blueprint is worth 10 RR, you can do it in about 5 weeks. No coding or headaches needed.

In short, then, the "solution" is not to change how the evolving building bases and artifacts are done, but to keep your evolving building up to date in the first place.

AJ

Gkyr

Chef
But there is a problem people run into.
Many people have old buildings that they did not level up as they progressed in the game.
My opinion is why did the gamer example not level up? That is what RRs are for. That is why we Tourney week after week.
Slow, but a lot simpler than throwing oneself on the mercy of the RNG. It takes resource management. What is this Whole Game if not resource management?

Zoof

It's subtle encouragement to purchase vast quantities of those random RR (or RR-related/adjacent) packs whenever they're offered. Inno gotta make money somehow.

Speaking of offerings, I'm now beginning to wonder if they're... missing. Like. The game's not trying to SELL all those microtransactions quite as hard as they used to. Is that actually happening? Has it actually happened to me? Or did I get so good at ignoring them that I don't notice them anymore?

Or is it only an illusion since I started playing another game on the side that blasts you with SALE SALE SALE every goddamned time I log in, and it just... desensitized me to it all?

Gkyr

Chef
I've removed all of the evolving buildings from my crafting rotation specifically to have greater chances at military buildings. I would hate it if they offered this option.
I am not sure that this is going to have an effect on how the RNG treats you with regard to increasing the military building frequency.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am not sure that this is going to have an effect on how the RNG treats you with regard to increasing the military building frequency.

It does. The fewer possible choices that can come up means a higher chance at the other possibilities. My main city has all evolving buildings in it and the full chess set also in storage. My Beta city has far fewer evolving buildings out or in storage. My main city gets far more temp military buildings showing up in crafting than my Beta city, and this has been a consistent thing over the past year or so.

Last edited:

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
It does. The fewer possible choices that can come up means a higher chance at the other possibilities. My main city has all evolving buildings in it and the full chess set also in storage. My Beta city has far fewer evolving buildings out or in storage. My main city gets far more temp military buildings showing up in crafting than my Bet city, and this has been a consistent thing over the past year or so.

Well if it means the military buffs will come up less often, then whoever proposed this is an idiot.

Last edited:

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Well if it means the military buffs will come up less then whoever proposed this is an idiot.
So I saw this, then scrolled to top to see who originally posted idea, then came back down, then back up and back down just to keep re-checking I read it correctly then had a big smile crack bc it reminded me of something I did a while ago lol. Ty for that laugh.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I like the idea, though I doubt it will appeal to the devs. It seems like it makes things easier, but not especially more interesting. it might have a positive effect on player retention, and perhaps they'll see that.

How about a counter proposal. A rare new Sorcery as an occasional prize:

"Uncraft Evolving building"
Casting this sorcery allows selection of an evolving building from in your city. the building is dismantled it into an instant for the building (at the existing level) plus some evolution instants (all? maybe only half?).​

A bit like Teleport on steroids. Users could then frag the building and rebuild, while retaining the recovered evolutions.

That would make an excellent premium item as well, probably quite costly, overcomes any way of having two of them, and if it were a giveaway once a year on Black Friday or such, it would make a lot of people happy. It could even be the goal of an event, rather than a new building.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
So here is my proposal.
Allow already owned evolved building to ome up in the MA.
But
For a person who owns it, part of the craft price would be the old building.
So you would still only have one.
It would be nice if the new one would craft at the same evolution as the old.
But that can be discussed.

If your not retaining the evolutions than this feature already exists, delete the building and craft it again. The only reason I see for a feature like this is to retain the evolutions.

The mechanics to do that are complex and the idea does not touch on these at all. You have to find a solution that is not overly complex to code (time and bugs), does not allow abuse by multiple builds but also does not bring more crafts back into the MA after people have intentionally removed those items (by crafting them). There are other aspects to be mindful of as well.

Honestly isn't the simplest solution just a matter of increasing access to RR's?