• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Allow different trade prices for fellowship vs non-fellowship

DeletedUser511

Cornering the market is just wrong. Stop being greedy and let others have some goods damn!

DeletedUser

Fair trading is best :D And yes you can set the prices, but not gonna say how hehehe I don't accept greedy trades LOL

DeletedUser828

I'll only accept a greedy trade if I see it's a new city on my map struggling for goods. Then I will help them out. Good Fellowship :)

DeletedUser511

Whatever people worked hard to get where they are and the thought that people are giving goods away so others lose ranking is just wrong.

DeletedUser754

In this case I have to agree with the current system of charging a fee only for those neighbors undiscovered on the map. It also gives a further incentive to open up more territory on the map, to trade and offer neighborly help to an active player, in addition to other reasons for opening up the territories like gaining relics and expansions.

DeletedUser

I would like the ability to set two prices, one for members of my fellowship, and one for everyone else.
I would go one further and pay for the ability to post separate trades for my fellowship and neighbors. I place trades at a three to one ratio to aid in the advancement of my group, and while I understand that it's temping to grab them all (I don't mind newer players, regardless of fellowship status, accepting them), I am currently having an issue with a high ranking neighbor in a higher ranked fellowship snatching them up before my fellows can even look.

Ideally, diplomacy would be the solution, but they have given every indication of not caring, and I would like to not be subjected to the sociopathic tendencies of others.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1161

I would like the ability to set two prices, one for members of my fellowship, and one for everyone else.
I think giving people the ability to set bad prices for neighbors would damage what little neighborhood trade we have. You can already move goods to a fellowship member by asking that player to set an unfavorable trade and accepting it.

DeletedUser

I think giving people the ability to set bad prices for neighbors would damage what little neighborhood trade we have. You can already move goods to a fellowship member by asking that player to set an unfavorable trade and accepting it.
But what happens when neighbors are d*cks? I'm more curious about that.

DeletedUser1161

But what happens when neighbors are d*cks? I'm more curious about that.
There's a d*ck in in every MMO. I'd suggest an option to block a neighbor from interacting or accepting trades.

My concern is that fellowships will be prioritized over neighborhood economies. I'd really like to see trade shift towards neighborhood and even a server-wide economy rather than away.

DeletedUser627

I'm in favor of the variant pricing. My scenario is different - indicating there are several good reasons to consider this proposal.

I need to keep encouraging my neighbors. Several players with small developed cities have stopped playing. I've focused a lot on making things easier for the remaining ones. I'd like to offer them discounted goods...but when I do, my fellowship members pick up the trades - thinking that I must really need the goods due to the discount, or just being in a hurry getting through our 36 pages of trades and not having time to stop and think.

Someone previously suggested a choice to list trades for neighbors, or for fellowships or for both. It wouldn't be that difficult to upgrade the existing filter and offer trades to one subset or both.

DeletedUser

I'm in favor of the variant pricing. My scenario is different - indicating there are several good reasons to consider this proposal.

I need to keep encouraging my neighbors. Several players with small developed cities have stopped playing. I've focused a lot on making things easier for the remaining ones. I'd like to offer them discounted goods...but when I do, my fellowship members pick up the trades - thinking that I must really need the goods due to the discount, or just being in a hurry getting through our 36 pages of trades and not having time to stop and think.

Someone previously suggested a choice to list trades for neighbors, or for fellowships or for both. It wouldn't be that difficult to upgrade the existing filter and offer trades to one subset or both.
Yes, I would like this option best. I don't want to deny my neighbors (except for the one), but if I could place an even amount of trades for both, it would ensure that more players had a chance to accept.

For now, I have been offering less trades at a time and staggering them more throughout the day, and it's working for the most part.

I have another neighbor who is awesome. We have an agreement of which trades are meant for each other, and she doesn't grab every one because she realizes I am trying to help my fellowship and newer players. Makes it doubly annoying to deal with the jerk in the neighborhood who doesn't get the concept of teamwork, and takes without giving.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4865

imo - the possibility exists to remove the fellowship Filter from the Accept Offers tab, and add a Fellowship Tab with at least two built in filters - 1. use the current; Show Fellowship offers only, and 2. a new Post offers only to Fellowship. The tab would be grey for non-fellowship payers, and the filter would need to be smart enough to ONLY post in the Posters Fellowship - not All fellowships!

If amending the existing Trader is too onerous, then perhaps the Devs might consider(ha!) adding a new Fellowship Trade Building, only available to Fellowship members, and locked inactive if player leaves, or is dropped from a Fellowship.

While I'm dreaming I also want a new Tab/Building to allow Relic Trades!

Thanks for reading. :D