• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Allow Us to Trade Relics

Kitani

Why not trade relics? They are a commodity, just like marble, crystal, gems, obsidian, ink, etc. Being able to trade relics with other players would add a new and welcomed dimension to the game. It would increase our options and our ability to progress smoothly through the game. So many times, I've been blocked from making spells because I didn't have the right relics for the spells I needed. Then I have to wait weeks for the Tournament to get around to the type of relics I need. That's SO frustrating!! It would be wonderful to be able to trade unneeded relics for those I truly do need. The only downside I can see to this would be that players would have to keep track of the relics they DO need to keep for manufacturing boosts, etc. But we already have to keep track of so many things, what's one more? LOL!! Does anyone else agree with me on this?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
One of the biggest reasons not to implement this is for production boosts.
The greatest source of relics is the tournament, and currently, only 3 of 9 weeks give the relics for your boost.
If you could trade then you would reach max boost 3x as fast, and this would disrupt many aspects of the game.

Kitani

This would be no more troublesome than trading our boosted goods, or using spells to increase our output. The player would have to learn to keep track of their relics and not trade away the ones they will need. It's simply another aspect of the game, like planning other resources. Does anyone have any other comments? I thought for sure this idea would generate more than one reply.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I think this would only work if the boost you received from relics was to drop once you got below a certain level. Right now if you reach 700% and then spend all your relics you stay at 700% (plus the AW contribution). Then it would be more important to not trade them away. As it is now I could trade thousands of relics to younger players at quite a discount if I liked, thus boosting their production to 700% very quickly. They could then trade them back to me and I could go to the next player, raising all of them up and ending up with all the relics I originally had and a bunch of very thankful small players.

So unless the relic boost was affected negatively by trading them away, it would result in a nice exploit.

AJ

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
the boost you received from relics was to drop once you got below a certain level.
That already happens. 500 relics are required for a max (700%) relic boost. If you drop below 500 relics, you will drop below 700% relic boost. This happened to me when both my city and my FS were small and not going far in tourneys. I had to be careful about my GA upgrades so I didn't lose the full relic boost for my marble. That was way before I got Mountain Halls, so it was easy to see. Back then those few relics could make a difference!
There's still too many ways to exploit this idea for me to support it, though. Also, I usually don't support ideas/suggestions that are just designed to make an aspect of game play easier. I like to see ideas that make the game more interesting as well.

truelinor

I can see where it would be helpful for upgrading Ancient Wonders, but also they are needed in the Magic Academy. I haven't thought this through, but I'm leaning towards liking it. lol

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
On the other hand, that means if a player has 6028 relics as I do, he/she could still pass them around/distribute them to 11 players. That's a bit too much helping others for my taste. Maybe they should just rework the boosts so that you need to constantly increase the number of relics you have as you go up the chapters.....ouch! (I see that idea dropping like a fiery hot red ballon!). Still, I'm not in favor of getting people to the maximum boost instantly by trading relics, and that's pretty much what would happen, I think.

AJ

truelinor

I completely agree with you - I think everyone should work through gaining their own relics for the boosts. However, I run out in the Magic Academy and then I can't make certain enchantments and I don't like that at all.

Not sure where I'm going with this. lol

DeletedUser5848

Why not trade relics? They are a commodity, just like marble, crystal, gems, obsidian, ink, etc. Being able to trade relics with other players would add a new and welcomed dimension to the game. It would increase our options and our ability to progress smoothly through the game. So many times, I've been blocked from making spells because I didn't have the right relics for the spells I needed. Then I have to wait weeks for the Tournament to get around to the type of relics I need. That's SO frustrating!! It would be wonderful to be able to trade unneeded relics for those I truly do need. The only downside I can see to this would be that players would have to keep track of the relics they DO need to keep for manufacturing boosts, etc. But we already have to keep track of so many things, what's one more? LOL!! Does anyone else agree with me on this?
I think this would be a great idea it would really enhance gameplay and cause fewer players to quit due to frustration of being stuck. I totally agree with Kitani.

Iyapo1

I have to ask who would benifit from this? My chapter 4 city is low on 2 types of relics. The next two tournament as a matter of fact. Once those tournament wrap around I should be able to keep a healthy supply(as long as I stop speeding up CC production. My boosts are already over 400%.

So trading relics would be for chapter 2-3 players?

Kitani

I have to ask who would benifit from this? My chapter 4 city is low on 2 types of relics. The next two tournament as a matter of fact. Once those tournament wrap around I should be able to keep a healthy supply(as long as I stop speeding up CC production. My boosts are already over 400%.

So trading relics would be for chapter 2-3 players?
Trading relics would be for everyone. In spite of participating in the tournaments as much as possible, I still run out of certain relics WAY before they come around again in tournament play. I sometimes have to wait several weeks to be able to create some spells. It holds up the game and is a constant source of frustration.

Kitani

I really do not want to open up an exploit where you can decrease your boosts to zero to manipulate tourney/spire difficulty.
That never even entered my mind. I think that would involve a lot more effort than it would be worth.

Kitani

I completely agree with you - I think everyone should work through gaining their own relics for the boosts. However, I run out in the Magic Academy and then I can't make certain enchantments and I don't like that at all.

Not sure where I'm going with this. lol
I understand your position here. But it's the same as saying everyone should manufacture their own goods instead of trading for them. Relics are a commodity just like any other goods. Yes, we would have to be careful about keeping enough on hand. Just like we have to be careful to keep enough crystal, or gems, or population, or gold. It could be set up so that no one can trade large amounts of relics. They could easily limit trades to no more than 10 or 20 at a time. Just enough to keep our spells going. :)

Kitani

If you have event buildings producing your goods and you send troops out to fight, then why would you need boosts?
Not everyone fights. I never do. I negotiate exclusively and always have. I've been playing for four years and I know that this is something that's needed in the game.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Not everyone fights. I never do. I negotiate exclusively and always have. I've been playing for four years and I know that this is something that's needed in the game.
Others do fight, and they can easily take advantage of 0% boost to go much further in the tournament and spire.

In fact caterers can also take advantage of it. If your T1-T3 manufactory production was reduced to 1/8th but your tournament/spire costs were reduced to 1/7th would you be better off? Your event buildings that produce goods would be unaffected. Your sentient production that decayed into normal goods would be unaffected. All you would be doing is dropping all your boosted relics for T1-T3 and trading them for other relics including those for making spells and those for boosting your sentient production. I think that you would be able to benefit better with a zero boost instead of a full boost to T1-T3 manufactory production.

Last edited:

Kitani

Others do fight, and they can easily take advantage of 0% boost to go much further in the tournament and spire.

In fact caterers can also take advantage of it. If your T1-T3 manufactory production was reduced to 1/8th but your tournament/spire costs were reduced to 1/7th would you be better off? Your event buildings that produce goods would be unaffected. Your sentient production that decayed into normal goods would be unaffected. All you would be doing is dropping all your boosted relics for T1-T3 and trading them for other relics including those for making spells and those for boosting your sentient production. I think that you would be able to benefit better with a zero boost instead of a full boost to T1-T3 manufactory production.
Manipulating tournment/spire costs was never in my mind. I merely wanted to make it possible to keep the spells going instead of having a 3-6 week dry spell every tournament cycle. I'm sure the programmers can find a way to limit what we could do with our relics. They could allow a limited number to be traded in a given time period. They could limit what the relics could be used for. My dear Pheryll, the programmers are all-powerful! I'm sure they'll find a way to make this work. :)