• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hello Alswague, new leader of Loki's Elvish Band.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Hello, Alswague. Recruiting is the eternal problem. The first thing to do is to make your Overview friendly and welcoming. Think of what you would like to read when you are thinking about joining a group, and then add those things to your overview. What would draw you in? I've seen too many great fellowships with a lousy, overbearing overview. (Which reminds me ... I need to revamp ours. :) I just took over as archmage in June.)

If you have hard and fast rules, the best place for them is your overview, so recruits know what to expect. But try to make them as friendly as possible.

You can also advertise that you're in need of members in your signature, as I have in mine.

There's lots of things that others will say, but I just thought I'd mention those. Best of luck to you!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
List mins and expectations, if you have any, but try to also showcase your team's personality to separate you from the pack. A lot of overviews are just dry, boring specs. Tells me nothing about how they are different from the next group with same requirements, ya know? Tell me why I want your product :)

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Also add in what kind of a fs you are. Are you causal or competitive? How many chests in tourneys do you get on average? Are you gold or silver spire or is spire not required? Let people know as many want to know that stuff.

Alswague

Hello, Alswague. Recruiting is the eternal problem. The first thing to do is to make your Overview friendly and welcoming. Think of what you would like to read when you are thinking about joining a group, and then add those things to your overview. What would draw you in? I've seen too many great fellowships with a lousy, overbearing overview. (Which reminds me ... I need to revamp ours. :) I just took over as archmage in June.)

If you have hard and fast rules, the best place for them is your overview, so recruits know what to expect. But try to make them as friendly as possible.

You can also advertise that you're in need of members in your signature, as I have in mine.

There's lots of things that others will say, but I just thought I'd mention those. Best of luck to you!
Thanks for the advice.