• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Help AM MIA

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yes, write Support with all the information you have about the disappearance. For example was the AM present or absent during the last FA? When did they last tourney, visit, trade, that anyone recalls?
Also relevant, do they have other cities, have they been missed in other realms?
If they have been absent for 30 days or more, Support will pass the hat to another member. Best of luck to you all.

Lelanya

You should write and start the process. Any mail 'to the fellowship' is going to the AM and is not being seen.
Did you have mages? They can write on the overview, and spend Archive points, can assign new Perks but only the AM can claw them back and reasssign them again.

WayoftheWitch

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
EDITED You can find stats info on your MIA AM at ElvenStats.com. It will tell you the stats of all players in or out of your fellowship.

Last edited:

Lelanya

Oh
Screen shooting that.
I don't think I have ever seen staff use their moderator account to suggest using offsite services.

TimeMachine

Oh
Screen shooting that.
I don't think I' have ever seen staff use their moderator account to suggest using offsite services.
:) I really know what you mean! @Lelanya Back in the days I was told that “fan sites”, in my case Idavis, should not be mentioned or used as source reference.
How funny when I see that the same people who told me not to reference "those sites" back in the days are now very fine with posting sentences like "You can look up all the new buildings at @idavis!":D

Sometimes it seemed like I was a little ahead of my time.
Time can change almost everything and sometimes it seems like time is flying.
I guess I'm getting old!;)

Lelanya

I know when I joined this Forum offsite references made by  players had to be listed under spoiler tabs. I still do list most of mine under links. (Especially on that other Forum).

WayoftheWitch

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
why do I feel like quoting star wars..."IT"S A TRAP!" I'm just one of you! Here to help We are volunteer players not employees that should't feel cornered for helping. I've never been told one way or another but screenshotting me!? What exactly is the point of that? SMH I'm here to help for pete sake. Off my soap box and returning to regularly scheduled monitoring.

Last edited:

TimeMachine

I'm just one of you!
Very nice and sympathetic that you do see it this way, because that's how it is and from my point of view ideally no one should make a difference between players who just play and players who like to moderate or support Elvenar.

In the past, in another community, it often seemed to me like it was mods against players and/or the other way around.
I guess it could have been way better without all that, but sadly some people simply seem to like to have an image of an "enemy" in their minds.
Once I got so upset about it that I wrote to both sides that I couldn't understand how people that are playing and maybe even loving the same game, can be so unfriendly to each other.

The way you do see things ,should make you nearly conpletley immune to any kind of bad intentional "pack formation".
Very good and important for a mod! ;)

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
I screenshot, a mod recommending a player fan site, because it has been frowned upon to do this. The mod, has a certain cachet. I have seen folks that I either knew, or suspected, were staff, use their  personal account to make the same type of suggestion.

And believe me. I will be using said screenshot at an opportune moment.

This is clownish. The staff are taking to public channels to sow discord about each other. Who frowns upon posting information from fan sites? The same fan sites that are advertised in game? Why bring up internal evaluations of volunteer staff? Do you have screenshots of IDavis being advertised in game (there are multiple instances)? Why the threat?

And I really don't want to hear that personal accounts are safer, more engaging, or better sources of information than using the staff accounts. The staff accounts are meant to be authoritative and it doesn't look good when a personal account is badgering a staff account for what really is a staff to staff communique (there are private messages for that purpose).

TimeMachine

Who frowns upon posting information from fan sites? The same fan sites that are advertised in game?
The thing with idavis is that he was and is simply too good to remain "just" a fan site, that's why Inno made him Elvenar-official somehow! ;)

The staff accounts are meant to be authoritative
I agree! This is kind of natural I guess and of course sometimes the difficulty seems to be to remain the player one used to be and to be authoritative as well.

Sometimes those two aspects may collide with each other.

I've just screenshoted another mod-posting which to me seemed extremly funny somehow.
Of course I've removed everything personal to protect the author.

1716220970398.png

I guess this posting was done before entering the team. A nice example for that one shouldn't place every word on the gold scale and that things and peoples or even companies opinions and views may change from time to time.

Last edited: