• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ancient Wonder "Choosing a Favorite" Strategy

Daxfa

When the game instituted declaring a favorite AW, it occurred to me when, at stage 4, 9, 14 etc should we declare a favorite AW and upgrade to Rune Stage? Seemed to me, for efficiency, we should only enter Rune Stage we are reasonably assured we could fill all nine of the Rune slots immediately, so as to not waste either time nor focus on other AWs.
Struggled with the problem, so turned it over to a former boss, who graduated in 5 years with a Magnum Cum Laude with a Masters in Mathematics from Cornell University. Without getting any more technical … he sent me some very sweet graphs of a Markov solution … Bottom Line: The answer, don't declare a favorite AW to enter Rune stage until you have 19 or 20 Runes to have the average chance of completely filling your AW in one shot. So, save your AW points and favorite focus until you get that complement of 19-20 Runes, unless you need the Rune fragments immediately for some other purposes. Enjoy!

qaccy

You could always just switch your favorite to something else if you don't currently have enough runes.

Anyway, isn't this 'problem' wholly separate from choosing a favorite? Favorites just make it easier for others to know which AW is probably getting most of your attention.

Kekune

I don't understand. What's the problem with being stuck in the rune phase, besides not being able to progress to the next level? Seems it would be to your advantage to go ahead and level it up as high as you can, so you reap the benefits of the higher level. Am I missing something?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I don't understand. What's the problem with being stuck in the rune phase, besides not being able to progress to the next level? Seems it would be to your advantage to go ahead and level it up as high as you can, so you reap the benefits of the higher level. Am I missing something?

There are some players who like to continuously level just one AW at a time, so for those players, not being able to get through a rune level quickly means not having an AW they want people helping with.

Mykan

Oh Wise One

Plus it allows you to avoid been capped at 10 broken shards.