• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ancient Wonders & New First Chapter Players

DeletedUser2753

I have noticed that if your in Chapter I and click on a neighbor's city and they have an Ancient Wonders, that when you click on Help to give KPs, it says " To help you need to unlock Ancient Wonders first".

Looking at the Research tree I do not see anything that would "unlock ancient wonders" does this mean you need to progress to Chapter II and complete the research on the first two Ancient wonders to unlock them all? In my other world I can give KPs to AWs that i have not researched yet. This is not clear to me nor would it be to any newbee.

DeletedUser1016

I have noticed that if your in Chapter I and click on a neighbor's city and they have an Ancient Wonders, that when you click on Help to give KPs, it says " To help you need to unlock Ancient Wonders first".

Yes - from what I understand, you have to open at least one Ancient Wonder [AW] on the tech tree to donate KP to another player's AW.

I have experienced the same situation when starting another world. Since it was my second world it wasn't a surprise to me, but you're right, this would be very confusing to a newer player.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I just finished the research on my first AW, but have not yet done everything needed to place it in my city.
With the guidance of my fellowship, I was able to figure out how to help them with theirs.
I'm trying to figure out what the... ahem... heck... I'm supposed to do to finally get one, but I have to say, it's confusing as all get out. In the game, it's as clear as mud. I'm lucky to have a fellowship that has helped me decipher things, and I'm trying to read the wiki thingie about it. But there needs to be far better guidance in the game as to what the AWs are, how to get them up and running, and how to make the most of them.

DeletedUser3038

~ You are off to a great start ~ ;)You have the research finished, once you have the items required to build it, when you are placing it make sure it is attached to a road that is attached to the Main Hall.
~ What do the AW's do for you ? Besides making your city fabulous and beautiful, they provide additional permanent bonuses for your city. Incentive for you to explore the world map even further , they promote players interaction as well as allowing the use of all Relics.When you get your AW, you will get your white AW icon (bottom of screen)
That will be your AW inventory. You will then earn runes thru contests, fighting etc. Once you fill the wheel of the AW you are working on...the building begins.
Don't get discouraged when it takes a bit longer to earn. Its worth it. The runes are a challenge to get and when you get some, they may be whole when you first reciebve them, but sometimes as they enter into the wheel they break..its the challenge of the game...broken ones are still great, you just have accumulate enough to creat a whole one
As you advance during the game with each new wonder you learn a bit more:rolleyes:
Hope this gets you started ~ Enjoy your game ~:p I sure do ~

DeletedUser627

In Beta they've made all the Wonder research mandatory throughout.

And I'd like to go on record with a contrasting opinion to Muffin regarding Wonders and early / mid level players. Wonders will slow down your progress! If you want them because they're attractive - go for it. But be prepared to be slowed through your progress, run short of necessary grid space, and be deficient in needed supplies / goods or both, depending on how many you build.

There isn't a single Wonder before the Dwarven ones that are incontrovertibly advantageous in city building - city development - city growth. Even ones like the Abyss (that are indeed useful for more advanced cities) aren't useful for smaller cities. Wonders don't produce measurable benefits at low levels. Period.

The best way to document this is to review the rank scores of original players - the ones who played through Dwarven before the Wonders were released. Why the rank score? Because it indicates the strength of a city - a good measure of goods produced and fighting units created. Before the release of Wonders, a score of 80,000 was common by Dwarven end (and 100,000 was the upper range).

End-Dwarven cities now are scoring 20,000 or more lower. Even now that Wonders are scoring - it's common to see a Fairy city scoring only in the 60k range. Please note - by observing this, I'm not criticizing player choices. I just hope to clearly illustrate that Wonders are not making cities stronger. Prettier, maybe yes...but at a cost.

If you're not well into Dwarven level, by all means collect the Runes and enjoy watching them add up! Then, if you get slowed down during Dwarven Research, carefully choose a beneficial Wonder and start building it. Remember that Wonders only start to yield advantage once they're upgraded! And by the time you've made it significantly into the game, you'll be better prepared to know which Wonder is best suited for your particular game. You can take advantage of our learning curve, and make more informed choices. For example, I know there are many of us who wish we'd, say, avoided the Crystal Lighthouse (significantly devalued by Gold Mines) and put our KP into stronger Wonders.

DeletedUser43

Don't get discouraged when it takes a bit longer to earn. Its worth it.

I'm not sure people quite understand what a bit longer means. For me that means it will take years. Seriously, years to build them. I lost interest so long ago. Now that we are forced to research all the wonders that means that getting a rune you want is a 1/12 proposition. It is a joke as far as I am concerned. Not to mention the hatred that sniping runes has caused. I don't like them at all. I personally think they are the worst thing to ever happen to this game. But that is my opinion.

The good news is that bobbi is correct. You don't need them. They may give you extra stuff if you ever build them, but they also cost you valuable space. If you waste your kp on them instead of the tech tree, you will barely progress in the game.

As far as I am concerned they are much more harmful than good. At least in the early stages. And now that the orcs are going to be here, any KP club will stop cold again because we all need the kp for other stuff. :)

DeletedUser2753

I just finished the research on my first AW, but have not yet done everything needed to place it in my city.
With the guidance of my fellowship, I was able to figure out how to help them with theirs.
I'm trying to figure out what the... ahem... heck... I'm supposed to do to finally get one, but I have to say, it's confusing as all get out

To build it you will find the build tab in the Ancient Wonder, not in the normal Buildings like Culture etc. Click on the Wonder wheel next to the trader in the bottom icon menu, pick the wonder and you will see the wonders pick one that says OPEN then the tab [Build], Collecting Runes and shards to be able to build it is a whole long story in itself because getting the needed Rune shard gets increasing difficult as you research more wonders, so if you have reseached the first two and only want to build one you have a 50% chance of getting the needed shard, but after researching say 3 AWS your chances decrease to 1 in 6. Contributing to another players wonder will have specific rewards so that is some say much better then Fighting through tournaments to get a Rune/Shard that says [ ? ]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

To build it you will find the build tab in the Ancient Wonder, not in the normal Buildings like Culture etc. Click on the Wonder wheel next to the trader in the bottom icon menu, pick the wonder and you will see the wonders pick one that says OPEN then the tab [Build], Collecting Runes and shards to be able to build it is a whole long story in itself
Yes, I'm realizing that. I wouldn't expect something with a name like Ancient Wonder to be easy peasy to get, but the developers have made it weirdly complicated, without really explaining in the game what you're supposed to do. They could do better in that respect.

I enjoy this game so far, despite the bugs and the occasional forum troll (hooray for the 'ignore' option), but I can kinda see the writing on the wall as far as it staying enjoyable to play. So I'm starting to research other city building game options out there.

DeletedUser2753

Wha Hooo , I just got my 200th unwanted Rune/Shard LOL

Attachments

• Shard.jpg
    Shard.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 117

DeletedUser

Throw some of those at me! I had a rune that broke into a shard yesterday. It was the 2nd one I was trying to put in the wheel thingie so I could get an AW for my city. Why'd it break? No idea.

DeletedUser2753

The first 2 or three seldom brake, after that they mostly break, the general rule is you will need 18-30 to finish. Oh ya you can just buy diamonds and make full runes at 200 each, 9 x 200= 1800 = about $16.00 US so I think they have a plan. LOL