• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ancient Wonders - Rune Shards

• Thread starter DeletedUser4821
  • Start date

DeletedUser4821

Hello,

I'm curious how to increase my allotment of Rune Shards. I have completed 201 Provinces and my player ranking is 850, and yet players ranked in the 3000's have built the Watchtower ruins and Dwarven Bulwark and I have yet to accumulate all I need to complete them.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,
~A

DeletedUser4993

Hello,

I'm curious how to increase my allotment of Rune Shards. I have completed 201 Provinces and my player ranking is 850, and yet players ranked in the 3000's have built the Watchtower ruins and Dwarven Bulwark and I have yet to accumulate all I need to complete them.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,
~A

U can build an Ancient Wonder then sell it. Fill it with the runes u have. Those that don't fit become broken shards. When u reach 10 u can forge for any AW u have opened in the tech tree. Those forged rune will automatically fit ur AW as the others do. I would choose an AW that I have a lot of runes for or one I have runes for that I do not care about. U can sell these I believe while they are under construction saving time.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Farming tournaments is one of the easiest/most sustainable methods but the runes you get are random so it is a numbers game. The more runes you get the sooner you get the ones you want. Farming broken shards ans well as runes is handy due to the guarantee of a rune you don't have when you get 10 broken shards.

The other option is to donate to people's wonders and earn a top spot for a guaranteed rune. This can take a large KP investment which might be more than your willing to do. It isn't so bad if your fellowship has a kind of swap program so you can get the KP invested back.

If you really want a certain wonder you could delay learning the next wonder technology as it would decrease your chances of getting the rune you want. This would let you combine the 2 options above of farming tournaments with better odds for the rune you want and building wonders with KP if you have stopped tech progression. Any wonder level is an investment for halflings chapter plus the wonders immediate benefits. It all depends on how determined you are to get a certain wonder.

MirandaZink

U can build an Ancient Wonder then sell it.

Honestly I found this to be the best way to get the runes I need. To provide a bit more detail step by step:
1. Look at the your AW list now (already built) and see how many extra runes you have. Normally Tome or Endless Evac has a lot of extras that have been stockpiling.
2. Sell the wonder - I know, I know it hurts . . .
3. Open the AW from the menu and start placing runes shards.
4. Once you fill up the broken shards -- STOP
5. Go back to the main menu and pick the AW you really want to build and forge the rune there.
6. Keep building up broken shards and then forging them towards the AW you want.

I've built and killed Tome 4 times now to get the AW I wanted
And Tournaments generate quite a few broken shards too