• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Another Strategy to Save the Forum

Gkyr

Chef
click on your own player rank on the upper left of your city screen.
move the list down to the players way down on the list, but >0.
message them:
copy and paste the following text, or make up your own:

Please join the forum.
Please go to:
us.forum.elvenar.com

Why?
Your registration will help us to keep the forum open.
Inno is trying to shut it down in favor of Discord.

The forum is the only place you can search for simple and detailed tips to make Elvenar gaming more fun, less frustrating and it is the only place where you can ask questions of experienced players and they would love to help you. Really.
Sign in with your game name.
The biggest inconvenience will be coming up with another password.
Please help us help you.

Smooper

It's a good idea but I remember what kept me from joining for the first year was some weird technical thing where it wouldn't let me register. If that problem isn't still an issue I think a few people might help us. Problem is this forum sorta died already. Very few people are coming here anymore. They dont.go to discord but they don't log here either. Brilliant job Inno.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
The Forum issue has become circular. One English language Forum will likely be kept, is what the company is saying now. But a whole big bunch of folks here - got angry, stayed angry, and have spread that around.

Meanwhile Silmaril has poured oil on her troubled waters, reassured her regulars, and reminded everyone that her Forums are older, and she has more experience than our CMs.

This  was the better Forum by far. So are we going to stand around and point fingers, or are we going to fight to preserve what we have built?

Smooper

If Inno keeps another forum it will have no affect on the game for me. It won't add to Inno's bottom line either. Placate 200 players or placate 1000 players, it isnt much. If they can't see what has happened since the switch to Discord then I don't have much faith in their ability to keep this game going.

BrinDarby

" This issue is circular, we're angry, this was a better forum....."
So are we going to stand around and point fingers, or are we going to fight to preserve what we have built?
Inno scared most of the traffic here away, so even if we
"play nice" to prove we deserve :rolleyes: to stay open... they
will just say the traffic #s are just too low to keep us open.
If we fight... we're troublemakers..... if we dont, we seal our
own fate. The USA is a such a huge potential market, that
alone should keep us open.... doesn't seem to be the case.

What exactly would you have us try, that we haven't already ?
How should we fight this time , because new mgmt seems to
be even less condusive in taking constructive critisizm. It may
not be a fight for the forum, but a fight for Elvenar itself. The
forum might be the canary in the coalmine.

Silver Lady

Why does the Wiki send me to the EN forum for Release Notes? They Are Not There! And They Are Not Here.

And why, oh why do they want to shut down such a well organized site for information as HERE?

TimeMachine

One English language Forum will likely be kept, is what the company is saying now.
Would be very nice! I would appreciate it very much.

But in my particular case I ain't got much hope that especially me will be able to access and use it anyway because of my "lifetime-ban". ;)

If it won't be like that I would of course be very surprised and happy aswell.

But a whole big bunch of folks here - got angry, stayed angry, and have spread that around.
I plead guilty. :)

I was one of them guys who got angry but, as far as I am concerned I can guarantee that I will not stay angry forever, even if some things felt and some of them still feel not very fair.

One last time I want to mention, that, even if some german guys seem to think that I want take any kind of revenge on them or on @InnoGames, it is definetly not like that and I am still wishing to be at least able to just read the Beta-Announcenments again.
There is really no reason to fear me. I don't want to do anything bad to anybody
I was never meant to do any bad to @InnoGames - I've just written down my thoughts and my kind of view on lots of different aspects of the game and the latest changes.

So, by the way, in that unlikely case, that I should be able to use this "likely be kept forum" one day, I'll promise to be the most reserved & kindest forum user any forum has ever seen. ;)

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Meanwhile Silmaril has poured oil on her troubled waters, reassured her regulars, and reminded everyone that her Forums are older, and she has more experience than our CMs.
Oh lordy. Heaven help us if they think those things matter. It's a very odd to be "pulling rank" in a situation like this. Even odder that you'd prioritize age over size/popularity because that still tells me they don't understand the player perspective. Players want the forum because it's an established knowledge depot. It contains many answers to the frequently asked questions that players keep getting snagged on at the same point in the game. If age mattered, then how come there are ~27k threads/276k msgs in this forum and ~14k threads/107k messages on EN? Somehow, despite EN's head start and experienced management, the US forum contains almost TWICE the (mostly) user generated info! Hypothetically, let's say they keep an English forum and it's EN because it's older and under "more experienced" management. It's still like burning the NYC library in favor of the podunk small town library (apologies in advance to small podunk towns in Idaho) because the librarian is older. Are people going to the library for the info stored there or for the librarian? Maybe the small cadre of philologists might be there for the librarians. Soon, the only question we'll all be asking is ¿Dónde está la biblioteca?

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
It's a good idea but I remember what kept me from joining for the first year was some weird technical thing where it wouldn't let me register. If that problem isn't still an issue I think a few people might help us. Problem is this forum sorta died already. Very few people are coming here anymore. They dont.go to discord but they don't log here either. Brilliant job Inno.
Same here. I gave up front to join for at least 6 months after the first 3 months trying to get in. Finally someone said in game to file an in game support ticket. That ended up helping. I didn't think I could do that for forum stuff and only in game stuff at first or I would have done it sooner.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
The Forum issue has become circular. One English language Forum will likely be kept, is what the company is saying now. But a whole big bunch of folks here - got angry, stayed angry, and have spread that around.

This  was the better Forum by far. So are we going to stand around and point fingers, or are we going to fight to preserve what we have built?
I had thought until this week that our forum was already gone or I would have been here. I'm glad to see it is not gone yet and will make sure to tell my friends because they also thought forums were already gone. Went through a tough time so didn't check discord that much in past month. But I'm ready to stay here and try to build it up again even if we don't win the 1 forum that will stay. It's worth a try to me!

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Lol @crackie, we'll have to copy you her campaign pitch the other night.
Screenshot_20231128-213548_Discord.jpg