• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Any difference in worlds?

• Thread starter DeletedUser3953
  • Start date

DeletedUser3953

Trying to decide which world I stay on, I'm on the one that starts with a W. Pretty nice so far, got 3 helping hands almost a hour after i logged on, so at least I have that going. Is there anything I should know about servers before I dedicate all my time to making a great city on one?

DeletedUser594

If you decide on two cities I suggest trying the other race, human/elven- it's fun to have one of each. If you go to the last world listed it will be the latest one formed and most likely has a lot of new players. I would also guess that we are getting close to them opening another world- it's been a while and that should be upcoming- those are fun bcs all the new players get slotted there and you can join and help build up a fellowship from the start.

DeletedUser3312

I am a human on Winyandor and an elf on the beta game. I like playing both as they are very different. Also the elves kick hiney in battles and the humans are a bit afraid of chipping their nail polish. Buildings are different sizes and produce different quantities and the look is totally different as well.

DeletedUser594

Ouch...major dis of the Human army. I happen to like the Human army better- but it's a lot tougher to use. You do get the early advantage against canon (soon to be changing so everyone gets cerberus), but until you unlock Blessed Paladin it's a lot of very technical, tactical battle to keep going especially in higher up (8th+rings) gem and elixer provinces. The Elven army tends to be like using an NBA all star team where everyone is a power player. The human army you have to use in a more integrated fashion and consider how you're going to bring the enemy out, distancing, blocking, when to bring certain units into the battle etc...With the elven army it's a smash and grab much of the time. Of course with the Blessed Paladin and Priest III you can pretty much roll over most enemy except for Golem/Stein heavy provinces.
I also find the Human city building tougher- as evidenced by my cost on expansions which was double my elven city. Either way it's nice to get a perspective on both races, and I really like both but for different reasons.

DeletedUser3312

Ouch...major dis of the Human army. I happen to like the Human army better- but it's a lot tougher to use.

I am almost to upgrading my priest again. So maybe that will help. I have 5 armories and barracks all at level 14. Does not help to have the greater number of troops. a couple of swipes and they are done. I am glad you enjoy it. For all the work they put into it... it needs to be enjoyed! smiles

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The worlds are pretty much the same other then the age they have been around for. If you are on an older world like Winyandor it is more likely you filled an empty spot and could have some nice established neighbours. On newer worlds it takes time for neighbours to become established. It all ends up the same in the end (except for beta cause it is beta and gets the early previews and bugs), just find a fellowship that suits you.

DeletedUser3312

I am on Winyandor. It is an arid desert. Gold mines everywhere. I do not recommend it at this time. Maybe after the move to center for all cities, it will be a lot better but for now... fair warning... the world should be called ghost town. smiles. However, in a positive light... collecting on visits is really fast!

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Every world depends on position. My location in winyandor is reasonable and it is arendyll where I am in a desert of gold mines.. As inactives are removed new players get to fill those spots so joining an established world can be advantageous as you may find you have established neighbours.

DeletedUser3297

I play in all 5. I don't have any gold mines anywhere, I had a few in Felyndral for a while but those were replaced. Although, a lot of the towns I have discovered have been abandoned, even some advanced ones with portals, I have established trading relationships between my active neighbors. But that will never be as good as the benefits of a fellowship.

I must say that it is sad when I visit a very well established city that had to have taken a year or more to make and it says "Dead Cause" for the city name. :(

DeletedUser3312

Thank you Shylark. I love building and growing. smiles. If not for my FS, I would be screwed big time lol.

DeletedUser2191

I play on 2 worlds myself. My main city is on Felyndral, as for it's neighbour population, it is as bad if not worse than what Jewess has on her Winyandor city. As for visits, world map neighbours is nearly non existent. Trading activity from world neighbours is 15, 20+ rings or maybe more away due to all the dead space. I have gold mines that are 3 months old, it's that bad.

I also have a baby city on Winyandor, fortunately I have a better neighbour population than Jewess even though they are mainly all dead until I get further out. Based on visits received and trading activity, I will reach several more active players 2 - 3 rings out.

DeletedUser3312

I play on Winyandor and on Beta. My beta world is filled with neighbors. A really nice thing. smiles. for some reason Beta folks stay in the game. and trust me... lol.. there are bugs galore. you just go with the flow. lol... sometimes you get kp, sometimes you don't. and so on. sometimes you get more kp that you should. the timers are not always on top of things. I guess it all evens out. Knowing not to have expectations makes it fun on there. grins I only put in the 10 bucks to get another builder. so... I just kick back and accept what the game gives there. However on Winyandor, where I do pay money on a regular basis, I have expectations and get frustrated when poo happens.