• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Any interest in a Strategy Guide page?

DeletedUser627

I'm interested in starting a Strategy Guide for players at multiple levels. I'd like the page to take a broad approach to helping players make the most of their game.

Who else has either experience, energy or enthusiasm for this kind of project? Offhand, my thoughts are:

1) Incoming players need a clear picture of what they're buying. I'd like to take a tone that's not negative, but informative. A straightforward spectrum of opinions about what we get when we buy premiums, expansions, etc. Without editorial preference toward non vs large spenders.

2) Strategies that work best for individual goals

3) Archived recommendations for players when they reach landmarks and new races

4) standard Q & A

5) Promoting an alternate culture of play. This point could be really helpful. Right now, Elvenar only features high scorers and tourney winners. We could form some player groups for likeminded players, feature excellent examples of cities, etc.

I'm very open to ideas, collaboration, brainstorming...Please respond here or message me if you're interested.

DeletedUser594

the fighting 101 page or some aspect of fighting- a lot has been out there but the thing I hear often is-
Just tell me which troops to send, I can't /won't look at those charts in wiki. Ive got stuff together it just needs polishing and some editing. collaborators are most welcome

Maz Mellor

Advice about Ancient Wonders would no doubt be much appreciated. I'm eternally grateful to Bobbykitty for starting that Ancient Wonders 101 thread a while back, but newer players might not be aware of its existence or know how to find it. Plus, there are all these new Wonders now—new Wonders we will all soon have to research whether we like it or not—!!

P.S. I think you've got a great idea here, obvs. :)

DeletedUser627

I'd even like to have a general explanation of each Wonder - it's benefits at various stages of the game and two opposing player opinions: One, "Why this Wonder helps my game" and another "Why I'm not intereseted in This Wonder". Sometimes the practical analogy is clearest.

DeletedUser61

Who else has either experience, energy or enthusiasm for this kind of project?
You should take a close look at https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?forums/player-guides-and-strategies.29/, over in the EN forums.

Several of their guides were produced for a recent contest, but folks very quickly realized that the material in the wiki does a pretty good job of "flavor" and has quite a bit of raw information, but avoids discussions of tactics and strategy.

So, glance through the available material, and so long as you're approaching the project with your eyes wide open, I wish you every success.

DeletedUser43

Please oh please do add to that thread. It needs more info.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I am somewhat interested in something like this. Due to the volume of information I wasn't sure if it is better to have a one-stop shop or separate into smaller pieces.