• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Anyone know how to guide archers away from enemy?

DeletedUser482

Hi, just wondering how to keep my archers from foolishly wandering over to the enemy area and getting slaughtered too early?

It can be so frustrating sometimes. The sword dancers battle on bravely with humanoids and swamp things, while the archers stroll across enemy lines to their deaths, and through it all the Treants wait until the archers are dead before wading in to fight.

Sometimes my archers seem to realise what they're doing and turn back to shoot their arrows from a safe distance. But not always. I have archer 2 now and they are only slightly better than archer 1.

Is there a way of guiding them? Do we click on the honeycomb floor under them to steer them forward or back?

Does anyone have any tips to guide the fighters by clicking on them, etc.?

DeletedUser

If you dont use the auto fight yes you click the "honeycomb" spot you want them to go to before clicking a target to fire on. Just need to learn thier range.

DeletedUser422

Hi, just wondering how to keep my archers from foolishly wandering over to the enemy area and getting slaughtered too early?

It can be so frustrating sometimes. The sword dancers battle on bravely with humanoids and swamp things, while the archers stroll across enemy lines to their deaths, and through it all the Treants wait until the archers are dead before wading in to fight.

Sometimes my archers seem to realise what they're doing and turn back to shoot their arrows from a safe distance. But not always. I have archer 2 now and they are only slightly better than archer 1.

Is there a way of guiding them? Do we click on the honeycomb floor under them to steer them forward or back?

Does anyone have any tips to guide the fighters by clicking on them, etc.?
Jorills is very correct, never use auto fight, you will save many troops. 2nd, try holding all troops at the far back...this way many times you get the 1st shots in.

DeletedUser482

Thanks Mage. The strange thing is though, I have never used Auto Fight. I just clicked the honeycomb floor to make the troops move. But once they go forwards, I can't make them back away from the enemy.

DeletedUser422

Thanks Mage. The strange thing is though, I have never used Auto Fight. I just clicked the honeycomb floor to make the troops move. But once they go forwards, I can't make them back away from the enemy.
Archer should never get closer than range 3, you may move them 1 hexagon at a time until full movement is used, when they are in position, then click on enemy to attack. As with all units, do not click on enemy to attack until you manually move your units, or they will move automatically, maybe not where you want.

DeletedUser482

Archer should never get closer than range 3, you may move them 1 hexagon at a time until full movement is used, when they are in position, then click on enemy to attack. As with all units, do not click on enemy to attack until you manually move your units, or they will move automatically, maybe not where you want.
Some good tips there, thanks very much :)