• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

April Episode

DeletedUser115

Dear Humans and Elves,

We would love to hear your feedback regarding our recent April episode of InnoGames TV!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I love how the first 4 examples of the new Golden Abyss show a much worse outcome than the current version,
75 pop instead of 200, but it goes up to 77 and 79 very easily!
And if your working pop goes up from the 2500 to 4,000 shown in his sample city you get +90 pop!
Then if you double your working pop from there, you'll get +180 population.

Hooray! if you triple your working population then your level 1 Golden Abyss will be back where it was before the update.

Basically anyone in chapter 2-4 with a Golden Abyss is going to get a kick in the junk.

Last edited:

edeba

I noticed it was lower as well... That will be a challenge if people are already using that population and trying to dig out from negative population really isn't very nice.

I missed the timeline, or they didn't give it... Did anyone see a projected timeline for this to rollout?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7002

I am newer here but I want to thank you for your event. It is my first one and while challenging, loads of fun. I am ready to place my Golden Abyss and can't wait to have the space for it. Also, the event buildings (Especially Merchants) are wonderful and I like the fiery fury of the Phoenix Eggs. I am trying so hard to get the 3rd grand prize and now understand that it can't be done without using diamonds. I am a little angry about that as it seems unfair to those of us that live on a limited income and we can't afford to buy diamonds. But, the game changes are great and I hope you have more coming out! Good job Devs!

SoggyShorts

I am ready to place my Golden Abyss and can't wait to have the space for it.
If you are new, I'm guessing you haven't gotten to chapter 5/6 yet. If that is the case, you should not build that Golden Abyss. As you can see in the video, it will only give you around 75 population, not the 200 population that it used to, so it is not nearly as good as a normal residence for you. After your buildings are around level 15, then it will be useful.
I am trying so hard to get the 3rd grand prize and now understand that it can't be done without using diamonds.
The 3rd prize isn't the best, or even the second best prize (both the Glossy Garden and Phoenix Cult are better) The third prize is just there for paying players to have a way to show their support for the game, and that pays for my free ride ;)

edeba

I was just looking at what it would take to buy your way to the that grand prize. You probably need to purchase in the range of 2500 of the sky essence and it looks like $83 for 2000, and then another $22.50 for 500, so $105. I seriously don't mind spending money and support the game, but with the probability only half the people would get the grand prize spending that much, it could end up being as much as $150... This event seems to look like you can't get nearly as far without spending money as you could at Christmas. I went through a chapter change where I ended up needing to collect some prizes at Christmas before getting to the next chapter and those prizes are already junk, so this really is insanely expensive.

I am newer here but I want to thank you for your event. It is my first one and while challenging, loads of fun. I am ready to place my Golden Abyss and can't wait to have the space for it. Also, the event buildings (Especially Merchants) are wonderful and I like the fiery fury of the Phoenix Eggs. I am trying so hard to get the 3rd grand prize and now understand that it can't be done without using diamonds. I am a little angry about that as it seems unfair to those of us that live on a limited income and we can't afford to buy diamonds. But, the game changes are great and I hope you have more coming out! Good job Devs!

SoggyShorts

You probably need to purchase in the range of 2500 of the sky essence
Actually it's even worse than you think. Completing all quests, dailies, and regularly collecting around your city gets you about 4,600 ess. at 7,000 ess you have about a 2-6% chance of getting the 3rd prize. another 2,500 ess would get you up to the 99% area. So take all your numbers and double them.:eek:
But you would also get 10 extra daily exclusive buildings and all the other prizes too....

source:http://crazywizard.info/en/event_probability_chart.html

DeletedUser7571

And if your working pop goes up from the 2500 to 4,000 shown in his sample city you get +90 pop!
Then if you double your working pop from there, you'll get +180 population.

Hooray! if you triple your working population then your level 1 Golden Abyss will be back where it was before the update.
I built one of those when I got it - I was excited over getting it unlocked and forgot to check it if was actually any good. It wasn't - I would have been better off placing a residence - and the only reason I've kept it is because I feel bad about deleting a building my neighbors and fellowship members have added research to. Thus, I was not surprised when I found out wonders are getting re-done - but I'm more than a little surprised to find out they're about to become worse despite the fact that I have about 6,000 population and rising.

It seems odd to let you unlock something early in the game if it won't become useful until months later. If that's how Inno wants to play it, they should move the wonders to a much later chapter, or at least provide a reasonable warning to a newer player before letting them build one.

SoggyShorts

I did a quick survey in my fellowships, and it's looking very bad for many of our members:

[Elcysandir]
if it helps...my main account on US Elcysandir is end of chap 3 w/ w.p. of 4245 and missing 1 rune for GA
[Winyandor]
Chapter 3 (getting close to chapter 4)
Working: 4328
Golden Abyss: Level 1
[Khelonaar]
I am half way through lvl 3 with working pop of 3095 and GA @ lvl 4
[Khelonaar]
Hi Soggy,
I just started Ch 4. I have 4417 working pop. I have a GA that is Lvl 2.
[Khelonaar]
I have 5880 and a levl 1 GA chapter 4
[Beta]
Chapter 3, halfway through
Working population 3029
I got the last rune to build the Abyss 1 day after they balanced it.
I do not have an Abyss.
[Beta]
I am almost half way through chapter 4. My working pop is 5863, my GA is level 2 and gives me 154 pop.
[Beta]
Chapter 2, middle
1721 working pop
Abyss is full, but not built because it gives 39 pop!

All of those players are going to be hurt with the GA changes if they go live. On average they need to more than double their working population to get back the population that they lose.

DeletedUser3977

They keep saying "a CERTAIN percentage of your working population". Are there numbers for this anywhere?

DeletedUser3977

It seems odd to let you unlock something early in the game if it won't become useful until months later. If that's how Inno wants to play it, they should move the wonders to a much later chapter, or at least provide a reasonable warning to a newer player before letting them build one.

Totally agree with this. Anyone in the early chapters will get more population per square with houses, making this particular AW useless until much later in the game. It'll be interesting to see how the changes effect other AWs.

CanDaMan

Let's see, they let you build something, and you use the extra population. Then they yank it away and penalize you for doing so. This is something that should have been done in the beta section, not while you are live. If I go into a pizza shop, pay for and eat my pizza. The shop owner cannot change the price on the board, and demand that I pay more to him! That's nuts.

CanDaMan

So if you paid (bought diamonds, and used them) to upgrade your residences, are they going to give you back 'a certain percentage' of your diamonds? I haven't bought any, but some may have a case in small claims court, for breach of contract.

DeletedUser1036

Current after the change in Beta:
Main Hall level 15 Working Population 7851 Golden Abyss Level 3 gives 44,000 coins per 3 hr and has an additional 236 population

Current on Live before the change:
Main Hall level 25 Working Population 117173 Golden Abyss Level 10 gives 58,900 coins per 3 hr and has additional 1510 population

It will be interesting to see the change when this hits live........

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Current after the change in Beta:
Main Hall level 15 Working Population 7851 Golden Abyss Level 3 gives 44,000 coins per 3 hr and has an additional 236 population

Current on Live before the change:
Main Hall level 25 Working Population 114262 Golden Abyss Level 10 gives 58,900 coins per 3 hr and has additional 1510 population

It will be interesting to see the change when this hits live........

The simple answer is that everyone with a GA and buildings at or over level 15 will get a boost, and those with buildings under level 10 will lose pop.
We'll see how many of each player there is soon enough I guess

So if you paid (bought diamonds, and used them) to upgrade your residences, are they going to give you back 'a certain percentage' of your diamonds? I haven't bought any, but some may have a case in small claims court, for breach of contract.
This would almost certainly never happen. Aside from games like this using careful "we can change your pixels whenever we want" language in their ToS. Taking someone to small claims court is very expensive, and doing it across oceans is even more so.

They keep saying "a CERTAIN percentage of your working population". Are there numbers for this anywhere?
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...n-release-notes-version-1-27.7820/#post-48141