• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Aqua Splendor Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

elvenbee

Saw this when I logged in today.
1688997089769.png

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
i saw the same thing. Kind of mixed emotions there.
Im always happy to get more notice.... but the very fact that we have a another event so soon while were not even done the current event... is becoming seriously aggravating.

I am sorry, but every time I see someone on the forums, or on the Facebook groups, complaining about not enough time in between events, I have to laugh. We are getting the usual 8 or 9 days in between the end of one event and the start of the next and that is plenty of time. And as I say every time I reply to one of these comments, I have played plenty of browser and mobile games where the time in between events is only 1-3 days, not over a week, so this is too much time in between for me.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I am sorry, but every time I see someone on the forums, or on the Facebook groups, complaining about not enough time in between events, I have to laugh. We are getting the usual 8 or 9 days in between the end of one event and the start of the next and that is plenty of time. And as I say every time I reply to one of these comments, I have played plenty of browser and mobile games where the time in between events is only 1-3 days, not over a week, so this is too much time in between for me.

After 7 some years of it, i certainly am. And i see the same thing from ppl in every other elvenar group as well. So i certainly aint alone in it.
I remember back when i started, the game only had 4 or maybe 5 'storyline quest' events in a years time. And they were the four seasonal events. (Not even counting FA's as an event for all this). Maybe a random extra one jere or there..... But four a year.. its hard to even imagine now a days. Feel like a grandpa in a rockin chair saying that... because with this next aqua event, that will make event #6 and were only in the 7th month of the year! If we do want to take that extra counting step, then its the the 6th event + 3 fa's in only 7 months times. Its overkill...

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
Events are completely voluntary so I don't think it matters how often they are and it's so many of them that skipping some is not a big thing.
So when I don't feel like it, I don't do them. When I do feel like it then it's great to have something to do and I'm happy that they are that often.

Moho

Chef
I remember back when i started, the game only had 4 or maybe 5 'storyline quest' events in a years time.
If there were only 4 or 5 events a year today, Elvenar would probably become extinct like many other browser-based games that people used to play back in 2015.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If there were only 4 or 5 events a year today, Elvenar would probably become extinct like many other browser-based games that people used to play back in 2015.

In the early years, it was 4 big events and 4 mini-events. The big events were as long as the current Winter event, so about 30 days, and the mini-events were 14 days. That averages out close to what we are getting now, with all but the Winter event being 20-22 days. I think it is the FAs, which are a more recent addition than the events, that wear people down and make things feel like there is too much going on, but just the events are good as is. Plus a lot of people who play games like that have FOMO and just "can't" not play an event.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
Plus a lot of people who play games like that have FOMO and just "can't" not play an event.

I agree but unfortunately it's not a very responsible thing to help us to give in to FOMO or any other issues to make them bigger. It's good to learn how let go of things that spoil our enjoyment on our own. When we don't enjoy something, it's good to just not do it or ignore it rather than make others do it for us by removing it. Also, just because we don't enjoy things, we should not take it from others that do enjoy it.
For example, people that want more FAs are missing out at this moment just because others don't like them and can't ignore them.
I hope I explained it well.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I agree but unfortunately it's not a very responsible thing to help us to give in to FOMO or any other issues to make them bigger. It's good to learn how let go of things that spoil our enjoyment on our own. When we don't enjoy something, it's good to just not do it or ignore it rather than make others do it for us by removing it. Also, just because we don't enjoy things, we should not take it from others that do enjoy it.
For example, people that want more FAs are missing out at this moment just because others don't like them and can't ignore them.
I hope I explained it well.
The point is valid, but the possibility of missing out on something important by sitting an event out is discouraging. For example Imagine how anyone must feel if they sat out that first phoenix event and missed out on a fire phoenix... /shudder
Weve also seen inno alter buildings several times over the years. Even the numbers for rewards/feeding effects. So basically... if something seems worthless now... it could one day become highly important for one reason or another. And that makes it so its unsetteling to pass up on an event, jsut in case. So damned if you do, damned if you dont, basically..

And so far id completed every single event in all my years..

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
The point is valid, but the possibility of missing out on something important by sitting an event out is discouraging. For example Imagine how anyone must feel if they sat out that first phoenix event and missed out on a fire phoenix... /shudder
Weve also seen inno alter buildings several times over the years. Even the numbers for rewards/feeding effects. So basically... if something seems worthless now... it could one day become highly important for one reason or another. And that makes it so its unsetteling to pass up on an event, jsut in case. So damned if you do, damned if you dont, basically..

And so far id completed every single event in all my years..

I agree that some event buildings are important that's why I properly analyse things before each event whether it's worth it or not. When I do decide to do it then I accept everything that goes with it because the result is worth it. Also, in case that we do miss out on a good building, they are still made available after the event in MA etc. Also, there are always alternatives that might not be as efficient but are still doable. Personally, I don't mind a bit of challenge, it makes it more enjoyable for me.

It also can be confusing for Inno to get complains about something that people still do. Actions speak louder than words so it wouldn't surprise me that they go more by what players do rather than what they say on Forums.

Another thing to look at is whether these things are more important than our happiness. It is a game, are additional buildings worth losing our sleep over it. The aim of a game is enjoyment and that should be the focus and not getting every building on offer.

And of course, these are my views and I do understand that not everyone agrees with it but it might help someone to enjoy the game more and be happier, it does spread around. :)

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
The plethora of events has decreased my FOMO. Ain’t got room for all them buildings anyway! I have been bronzing and don’t care for awhile. One of the FAs will finish it. If not, Spire and MA. Until then, I don’t even need to worry about city Tetris.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So here we are, after the end of both the event and the Season. I am also done with chapter 20, so I have zero quest givers on my game screen right now. And we are waiting another week for the this event to start. This is the kind of nothing week that makes me get bored with the game and gets me both annoyed and sad when people complain about "too much going on in the game". Sure, there is still the tournament and the Spire, but that is maybe 10 minutes a day to do both.

This is the kind of slow stretch that tricks people into thinking they can just start another city, or two or three or seven, so that they have more to do, and then things get moving again in their main city and they find themselves overwhelmed with too many cities to take care of. I fell into that trap once, but I knew to cut back and reduce, so I have no sympathy for the players with more cities than they can handle, and then, rather than quitting some of those cities, they instead whine about there being too much to do.

Last edited:

Katwick

Cartographer
This is the kind of nothing week that makes me get bored with the game and gets me both annoyed and sad when people complain about "too much going on in the game". Sure, there is still the tournament and the Spire, but that is maybe 10 minutes a day to do both.
Sounds like a perfect reason to start a baby city.

I don't place Phoenixes or any other building that has a gigantic animal atop it to menace my people. This not only cuts down on the events that I care about (and thus FOMO), but also helps keep my available land ahead of my building needs. The icing is the real-world gratitude I get from my population in the form of breezes, moths, and songs. Oh, and one city only - don't give in during the down times in early chapters. I played under another name with four cities, and it became tedious clickity-click-click. I enjoy the game more with my single city, and it's fun going through the early chapters again.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I agree that some event buildings are important that's why I properly analyse things before each event whether it's worth it or not.
agreed. However weve seen them change values on reward buildings in the past. So a building that simply doesnt seem worth it, and gets skipped over, then suddenly gets changed which makes it something usable... but it was skipped... then youre screwed on that building. It might not happen every time, but it has happened. Which makes some ppl want to grab everything.. just in case history repeats itself...
Its also possible that needs change later and that useless building suddenly becomes relevant. So for both reasons, some ppl will complete everything just to make sure they dont risk losing out later.

Another thing to look at is whether these things are more important than our happiness. It is a game, are additional buildings worth losing our sleep over it. The aim of a game is enjoyment and that should be the focus and not getting every building on offer.
Also agreed. However some ppl, like me, have an almost ocd need for completion... It can be rather annoying at times, true.

bkbajb

After 7 some years of it, i certainly am. And i see the same thing from ppl in every other elvenar group as well. So i certainly aint alone in it.
I remember back when i started, the game only had 4 or maybe 5 'storyline quest' events in a years time. And they were the four seasonal events. (Not even counting FA's as an event for all this). Maybe a random extra one jere or there..... But four a year.. its hard to even imagine now a days. Feel like a grandpa in a rockin chair saying that... because with this next aqua event, that will make event #6 and were only in the 7th month of the year! If we do want to take that extra counting step, then its the the 6th event + 3 fa's in only 7 months times. Its overkill...

I started in 2016 and I remember those days. Before FA and the Spire. I prefer the events. I save up and wait for the last KP day. I usually can make a dent in 1 of my AW's

Status
Not open for further replies.