• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Aqua Splendor

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am not sure what I will do with the set in Beta. I finished in Gold League there, from very good luck and no money/diamonds spent, and the FA is over, so I have the Tome that gives you the choice of one of the three large set buildings. but I did poorly in getting extras of the three small buildings. So I have 2 each of the 3 large ones, 4 each of the three small ones, and 2 more Tomes of Aquatic Props. I don't know yet which 2 of the 3 small buildings I will use those for.

Moho

Chef
I am not going to use all the parts in the set. In Arendyll and Winyandor, I plan to replace the Snow Owls Set I bought about a year ago with the configuration that @Vigali suggested for the current event set.

Here is where I am going to apply the replacement:

i35.jpg

This is the Snow Owls Set situated right next to the Main Hall:

i36.jpg

The Snow Owls Set produces coins and T3 goods, both of which I usually have too much.

The configuration proposed by @Vigali will produce Vallorian Guards and T2 goods in my cities. This means I will set the Triumph of the Tides to produce non-boosted T2 goods and I will place one T2 factory into Inventory.

The new set will probably look like this:

i34.jpg

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Aww, you should 'port the Owls to storage. My Arendyll cities both have the Owls at current, one makes seeds, one makes mana, one coins, so if you ever decide to advance that far, they're a good use of space to Chapter 17 at least.

Moho

Chef
they're a good use of space to Chapter 17 at least.
I bought them following Soggy's advice. My decision regarding parking the cities was not 100% clear at that time.

I do have things in my Inventory that I could use in the future should I ever decide to "advance." (I've always been an always-have-a-plan-B person.)

I know boats are made to sail but my cities will never leave the harbor. :)

Mighty Peach

Why are we back to these types of quests when it seemed they were receptive to feedback in the last event. Where they offered an alternate.

Buying knowledge points is not sustainable. I don't buy them at all for this reason. What's going on here?

Y1q37wA.png

Smooper

Why are we back to these types of quests when it seemed they were receptive to feedback in the last event. Where they offered an alternate.

Buying knowledge points is not sustainable. I don't buy them at all for this reason. What's going on here?

Y1q37wA.png
While I admit buying 20 knowledge points is steep, it is doable. I have used excess gold to buy kp since I started playing. I have never stopped. My kp costs about 1.7 million gold per buy at this point. I buy a half dozen a day sometimes with gold and that doesn't take into account buying with other resources. As the price goes up so does my production of gold. I have always had excess and I don't like the wholesaler. The scouting and vision vapor can be just as problematic in this quest as the kp for some players.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
Oh please, this is Inno, even paying customers are not right on this issue.

This is just my impression but it seems to me that Inno is taking steps to discourage permanently parking.

If you park your city for an extended period you will start hitting barriers like this. You can prolong the parking window for a good long while(years) but eventually you are going to hit something that you can't get past unless you chapter up.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems

This is just my impression but it seems to me that Inno is taking steps to discourage permanently parking.

If you park your city for an extended period you will start hitting barriers like this. You can prolong the parking window for a good long while(years) but eventually you are going to hit something that you can't get past unless you chapter up.
Yep, I am thinking this is true.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Am I understanding correctly? You have to have multiples of the small ones for the set to work?
To have all links satisfied, yes. There is an arrangement that has all but one link satisfied that you can make from just one instance of all buildings (posted here). There are also many good arrangements that do not satisfy all possible links.

Moho

Chef
I have just played for the Daily Exclusive - Hypnojelly. I went four times through the hoops to the end of the circuit. In fact, I played really early, that is before picking the Daily Event Reward.

In Ceravyn, I had 4014 event currency before going through the hoops. I obtained 4 Hypnojellies and 520 additional Seahorse Food. I had 2625 event currency left.

In Winyandor, I had 3573 event currency before going through the hoops. I obtained 4 Hypnojellies and 210 additional Seahorse Food. I had 1870 event currency left.

In Arendyll, I had 3736 event currency before going through the hoops. I obtained 5 Hypnojellies and 260 additional Seahorse Food. I had 2103 event currency left.

I reached the 120 milestone in the Grand Prize line, which has brought me another Wavecrest Barrierr and the Sirens' Ballet building in each city. I think I can get about 1,000 event currency till the end of the event. To reach the last set part in the Grand Prize line I should go through the hoop circuit seven more times. I think I'll be able to do this in each city.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas

Y1q37wA.png
While I admit buying 20 knowledge points is steep, it is doable. I have used excess gold to buy kp since I started playing. I have never stopped. My kp costs about 1.7 million gold per buy at this point. I buy a half dozen a day sometimes with gold and that doesn't take into account buying with other resources. As the price goes up so does my production of gold. I have always had excess and I don't like the wholesaler. The scouting and vision vapor can be just as problematic in this quest as the kp for some players.

Yep, I am thinking this is true.
As a player thats been parked for years i can assure you, its irritating as hell when you get these quests. I imagine it is for those at the end of chapters as well; especially the scout.
Both are a problem; buy kp and scouting/solve. And its pretty obvious by now that inno is doing it on purpose. Players complained a lot about them a while back. Inno switched them or added these alternate 'or's... then they slowly started adding them back or giving reduculas 'or's such as solve x world map encounter OR negotiate world map encounter ><
So its on purpose.. purposely irritating the hell outa me... and thats exactly why i wont make a purchase in this game anymore. If i wanted to give my money to ppl that will piss me off then i would go find a a political convention...

Moho

Chef
For those looking for a compact configuration of the set, with a relatively regular shape, even though it will not yield maximum production:

i35.jpg
i34.jpg

Moho

Chef
And this is a slightly larger version, where the three big parts of the set will be fully productive:

i34.jpg

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
The quests are harder but not impossible to do. They are there to keep the game challenging as it has always been. It does make the game more entertaining and can create more revenue. Also, buying KPs and completing provinces (especially in the amounts they're asking) are beneficial in the game based on math. Once, it's not beneficial, Inno can change the game any time to fix any imbalance.

If the game was too easy, it would become boring and people would leave. The bigger the challenge, the more satisfaction once we achieve it. The quests are not to personally upset anyone, they are there to stretch our boundaries, to challenge ourselves, to try different things etc and not settle in the same old boring routine.

And customers are not always right. First, customers don't have the expertise to create entertaining not boring game, second, to make customers fully happy everything needs be for free and that will never happen.

Moho

Chef
Compact configurations of the set may not allow players to use all the parts or to obtain full production:

i35.jpg

For those who would like the full set to have a regular shape and yield a high production too, the configuration below is close to the best arrangement they can get:

i35.jpg

Pheryll

Set Designer
For those who would like the full set to have a regular shape and yield a high production too, the configuration below is close to the best arrangement they can get:
Move the two wavecrests at the top to the edges to get another link on a 1x1 (see here). Alternatively go for five wavecrests and only 3 of each of the 1x1s to get all but the top corners having full links.

Last edited: