• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Archive of Elvenar Gems of Knowledge

Yogi Dave

Elvenar Gems of Knowledge was a great source of information about the game, especially the guest races. Alas, it appears to be no more.
However using Internet archive, commonly known as The Way Back Machine has archives of GoK. Enter https://elvengems.com
into the search, and a timeline allows you to choose dates the site was saved. I chose the June 12, 2021 capture.

Below is a series of links to various pages. While most of the links work in the pages, some don't such as the 'Settlement Layout' for Amuni. Another archive might if you want to look for them. The capture is before the changes in tournaments, etc.

Home Page

Ancient Wonders

Guest Race Guides

Dwarves

Fairies

Orcs & Goblins

Woodelves

Sorcerers & Dragons

Halflings

Elementals

Amuni

Constructs

Elvenar

That is the last guest race archived. Let me know if any of the links I've put here don't work.

PS I miss you GoK and loved all the help you gave me and many, many other.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Its always sad to see a beloved resource (on any game) die out. Its also psychologically interesting how, on many of the games iv played, we become so invested and reliant on these 3rd party tools and pages.

At least its interesting to me; a kid of the NES, sega, snes era where you figure it out yourself or you probably just never know. As there was no internet to look things up with, no 'strategy guides' as we know them to day (or insanely rare), or walk throughs. The best you could get was either a friend or acquaintance that knew and told you, or if you were fortunate enough to afford a subscription to Nintendo Power (or w/e it was called) and they decided to add a few bits about a game you had in that months publication. - In all the Nes, sega, snes games iv had, played, or seen as a kid, i think we only ever had/seen ONE strategy guide. And that was for Super Mario World 3...

So yea, I find it interesting having gone from that; nothing; to the near absolute dependency and convenience of 3rd party sites for every game now.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
wow... i didnt quite realize what you meant. I knew gems was no longer updated or worked on. Been known for a while, but it was always.. there..
I just went to the site and realized the whole damn site is gone! Just gone. ... So i guess that archived info and links you posted have a whole lot more meaning now then i thought..

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
on a slightly side note... Is there a functioning copy of gems tourney calculator out there anywhere? That was one feature i truly loved.
(Old tourney calc pic i had..)
Torney 1600 Four star_01.jpg

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Yes, there is. The home page works like it always did. Click on the menu button, then on the Tournament Guides, then on the Tournament Calculator. I just made links to some of the places in the archive. So, here is the one for the calculator.

Tournament Calculator
Thank you! I do love that calculator.
Iv had a lack of sleep lately.. my brain tends to not function as well in those cases. For some reason i didnt even think to check the archive link for the calculator. So clearly, im not exaggerating when i say it doesnt function all to well on low sleep lol

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
So the actual site is actually gone now? I knew it had not been updated for a long time but did not know it was completely all the way gone! Thank you very much for posting those links for us.