• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

"Archived" forum threads allow new posts

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
As far as I can see all threads started in the Archives have been moved, if I missed any please let me know. I am waiting on confirmation about post in the archives that are "necro'd" if they should be moved or dealt with on a case-by-case basis
Thank you so much!

Katwick

Cartographer
And it's easy to QUOTE an Archived Thread
The bar above the editor with Bold, Italics ect... is greyed out so I can't use it. What's up with that?

Thanks for any suggestions.

AJ
if you need to start a related thread, rather than resurrecting a dead thread. I get pretty suspicious when there's 20 pages in a thread. The earlier messages just MIGHT be misleading.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
if you need to start a related thread, rather than resurrecting a dead thread. I get pretty suspicious when there's 20 pages in a thread. The earlier messages just MIGHT be misleading.

yes
It often happens with new people that they try to do the right thing. They don't want to start a new thread if there is already one that is on the right subject. But being new they don't notice that the last post is two years old.
So they end up commenting on out of date info. Then someone else sees that post and comments. And all of a sudden a bunch of people are discussing an issue that has been fixed, or a method that no longer exists.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
And it's easy to QUOTE an Archived Thread

It's actually a bit counter-productive to start a new thread and have to re-visit a lot of the arguments/thought/positions of that thread by re-typing them. On the other hand, though, one can hardly imagine many players actually reading 20 pages of discussion, especially with all the meanderings/asides and what not. So, I guess I can see why archives can't be resurrected.

AJ

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
It's actually a bit counter-productive to start a new thread and have to re-visit a lot of the arguments/thought/positions of that thread by re-typing them. On the other hand, though, one can hardly imagine many players actually reading 20 pages of discussion, especially with all the meanderings/asides and what not. So, I guess I can see why archives can't be resurrected.

AJ

To be clear
This wasn't about being able to comment on an archived thread
Which there is good reason to allow
But
Apparently people were abled to start new threads in the archives
Which has now been blocked