• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Archmage has gone AWOL

In our Fellowship our Archmage has stopped playing the game. She never appointed anyone to be an Ambassador or a mage. How can we replace her with a new Archmage?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Give Support as much detail as you can, whatever that may be. If you can be specific, like for instance:
When they last tourneyed, climbed the Spire, took a trade, visited, chatted. If they were around for FA; they started, pulled the first flag, but not the second. Tell Support if anyone has been an ambassador or a mage in the past.

The city must be inactive for 30 days before the AM hat will be granted to someone else.

Give Support as much detail as you can, whatever that may be. If you can be specific, like for instance:
When they last tourneyed, climbed the Spire, took a trade, visited, chatted. If they were around for FA; they started, pulled the first flag, but not the second. Tell Support if anyone has been an ambassador or a mage in the past.

The city must be inactive for 30 days before the AM hat will be granted to someone else.
thank you Lelanya. She has been inactive since I starting playing about 2 months ago. being new I have no idea when/if she did any of that, nor any idea what they all are. :-( Side Question - how does one get to replace the question mark with a picture?
Archmage’s last score change per elvenstats was in December 2019.

If you would rather leave, as most of your fellowship is inactive, I could take you on at my fellowship, old and wise.
Wow thank you for the invite Myne, I looked up your Fellowship and am honored you offered the chance to join to me. I had not considered that option at all. I've developed a good relationship to two of the other 5 active players (they are the only ones to be active in the group chat) who are almost pretty new to the game & feel a loyalty to them, wouldn't want to leave them in the lurch. thank you very much for the offer, I have to talk with them about this whole thing.. Oh, great Fellowship name as I am old and hopefully wise.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Wow thank you for the invite Myne, I looked up your Fellowship and am honored you offered the chance to join to me. I had not considered that option at all. I've developed a good relationship to two of the other 5 active players (they are the only ones to be active in the group chat) who are almost pretty new to the game & feel a loyalty to them, wouldn't want to leave them in the lurch. thank you very much for the offer, I have to talk with them about this whole thing..

I understand completely.

Iyapo1

On the top right hand side of the forum you will see a little round picture of your question mark. Click on it, in the window that opens click on the bigger picture of your question mark....that will get you to the edit screen where you can change your question mark.

On the top right hand side of the forum you will see a little round picture of your question mark. Click on it, in the window that opens click on the bigger picture of your question mark....that will get you to the edit screen where you can change your question mark.
thank you lyapo1 I changed it !

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I had not considered that option at all. I've developed a good relationship to two of the other 5 active players (they are the only ones to be active in the group chat) who are almost pretty new to the game & feel a loyalty to them, wouldn't want to leave them in the lurch.
Easy. Take them with you! Don't linger in a dead FS. It's such a common beginner mistake. When you join a functional FS, it's a game changer!

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
@felixshadeslayer https://www.elvenstats.com/

Tons of information there about fellowships and players. Look up any fellowships that seem promising before joining. Inactive players will have a black triangle next to their name. If there are a lot of inactives, or the archmage is inactive, then it’s probably a good idea to avoid that fellowship. Some fellowships will keep inactive members while looking for their replacement or if they know they’re going to return.

@felixshadeslayer https://www.elvenstats.com/

Tons of information there about fellowships and players. Look up any fellowships that seem promising before joining. Inactive players will have a black triangle next to their name. If there are a lot of inactives, or the archmage is inactive, then it’s probably a good idea to avoid that fellowship. Some fellowships will keep inactive members while looking for their replacement or if they know they’re going to return.
thank you Dreamyn2, I have it bookmarked

Gkyr

Chef
I've developed a good relationship to two of the other 5 active players (they are the only ones to be active in the group chat) who are almost pretty new to the game & feel a loyalty to them, wouldn't want to leave them in the lurch.
That attitude is very much to be commended. It is players like you that make this an attractive pastime.
If you and your mates are able to weather the 30 day period, you will be a tighter band for your shared experience. That is a perk to be had in this game that is most hard to find.
Also, one of you will have to become the new archmage. This is less risky than importing one whose intents you do not know, or all six joining a fellowship that is so new and untested (in terms of player interactions) as to have six open slots. If no one is thrilled to be the next AM, you could always rotate the job.
This brings up the question, how do I learn to be a good Archmage? The two suggestions that I have are archmageshandbook.com and a facebook group called Elvenar Archmage's Assembly.

Last edited: