• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Are catering costs in tournaments supposed to change at random?

qaccy

EDIT: I'm actually just dumb! No sooner had I posted this thread than I realized it was the squad size technology that I unlocked in between recording and going back in that was almost definitely the reason why the catering costs got shuffled around. I brain farted and also ended up making the cost slightly higher for myself overall for basically no reason. Sorry everyone!

I just observed a very strange phenomenon that I'm not sure if maybe I just missed, or it's actually a bug. As I was working through my tournament provinces just now, I was taking note of which encounters I'd have to cater so that I could total up the goods cost at the end. However, after I'd done this and started going back through the encounters (to actually cater them and complete the tournament rounds), I noticed that all of the catering amounts were completely different, a lot of times even asking for completely different goods in addition to the changes in quantity. Is this something that's supposed to happen where the catering costs change mid-round?

For clarity, note that I'm saying I recorded the goods costs of each tournament encounter I'd have to cater without actually completing them, and 10 minutes later when I went back to the same encounters in order to complete them, the goods costs were completely different.

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
On the other hand, I was under the impression that catering costs are locked-in at the time the province is scouted. This seems to make a lie of that.

qaccy

I guess even though this was all just me being stupid, it's a nice bit of trivia to learn that catering costs in tournaments will update immediately if you happen to research any squad size technologies. I'll also mention that although the types of goods asked for in catering did change in a lot of cases with the research, the enemy units in each encounter did not change at all, besides getting larger of course.