• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Are there too many changes coming to the Elvenar game?

Do you think there are too many unnecessary changes in Elvenar?

• Strongly agree! And the Devs should share their future game vision with us!

Votes: 85 79.4%
  • Strongly agree!

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • It does not matter to me

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Leave the Devs alone! They are doing just fine...

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters

DeletedUser1996

This is a written program like any other program its only as good as the programmer . Choices either they are money hungry , lazy programmers , or just plain out don't know what there doing .
Yes -right---yes money hungry , Yes lazy 2 and Yes -just plain out don't know what there doing

DeletedUser6529

I would urge everyone who is unhappy with the most recent changes in the trader to submit a ticket from within the game. I submitted my feedback tonight on both the wholesaler structure change and the addition of the atmospheric haze, neither of which I like.

Salator

It is not about the fact that changes are made. Games are dynamic and changes need to be made to improve them. It is about the fact that recent changes seem unconnected and mostly make the game less playable. Particularly for those who have been playing the longest. I will never understand how it makes sense for your customers to tell you that you are alienating them and you still continue as if nothing happened.

A clear, concise communication of where you see the game going and how changes will be implemented is what is needed. Recognise that there are different ways to play and consider that when making changes.

You could afford to be arrogant if there were no other games out there, but that is not the case. I am seeing more and more people saying that they are looking for a different game. Even on the forum. Even providing a link to the new game and inviting people to play. On the forum. Can it be more obvious than that?

Our feedback is valuable and comments are important. We have been told this many times, so it must be true, right? No reason to mislead the players, right? You want them to be happy, right? The problem is that feedback and comments don't seem to make a difference. A case of ignore them long enough and they will go away? Perhaps. The thing is people are really irritated now and bored with this whole situation. You should care about that a lot.
Well said!

DeletedUser4323

When I first started playing the game, I wanted to do it without battle (letting my pacifist sympathies rule). Then I realized I was dramatically slowing my development, and started to mix it up a bit. Then the new battle changes and I discovered I couldn't win a battle unless I was willing to take losses on the order of the Battle of the Somme.

So now I try a battle every few weeks just in case something has improved to the battle algorithms when I wasn't watching the "news" for updates. Basically I don't use my troops other than for tournaments anymore. And given the requirements of my day job, I don't have anywhere near the time it takes to battle province after province in tournaments either, so my fellowship doesn't get the tournament benefit of my greater battle potential of my top-500 rank under the new tournament system that they should get from me. (And don't get me started about the next-to-zero probability of most fellowships ever getting close to the higher levels of the tournament. Does anyone really get far enough to win a blueprint???) Ha!

And now we have this useless wholesaler change. No, "useless" is too tame an adjective. How about "disgusting". Or "pervasively, totally annoying." Or, perhaps, "evil."

One of the things that has attracted me to this game is that it is more realistic in terms of the economic constraints it puts on expansion. So while the battle changes annoyed me and slowed my progress, they actually made sense economically. (Conquest is generally *not* a recipe for long-run growth, and as technology improves and distance trade becomes more of a possibility, it becomes even less so.)

But this new wholesaler goes in the opposite direction. That same technological change that means war has an ever-growing opportunity cost means that trade has (or should, anyway) have an ever-growing one. Instead we see the developers acting like they are a late-stage East India Company trying to manipulate all the rules so they can build bigger and bigger mansions in the real world of England while the quality of life for those of us trying to succeed out there in the imperial lands of Khelonaar, Winyandor, etc. continues to get worse.

Instead of finding new ways to make it harder to play the game and expecting everyone to pay extra taxes in the form of diamonds for the privilege of doing so, why don't the developers figure out a way to do things that will allow people to do more of the things they want to do for the same amount of diamonds -- like figuring out better ways to earn land expansions.

Developers, you might want to consider the fact that the East India Companies no longer exist. And most of those fancy manors that EIC leaders built with their greed to soak everyone else in the empire? Well, their ownership is mostly in different hands now. And their contribution to even British national GDP as tourist attractions and conference centers is trivially small.

If you think your approach to change is working, I'd advise you to listen more carefully to the ghosts of those EIC leaders and others that tried their approach to consumer relations over the last few thousand years. Yours is not going to be sustainable either.

DeletedUser4132

I would, except despite having a city on the Beta world (along with 2 other worlds), I can't seem to get it to let me log in or sign up.
It seems
I represent a fanatical group of lovers of Elvenar - as anyone will see if they visit our Facebook group, or look at all our videos!
:)
I have played many Browser Games, and generally I think that this is a very well designed game. And many of the recent changes have been well-considered.

But I wonder if the Development Team realise how much they are, unintentionally, upsetting people?
They still have not given a GOOD reason why it was necessary to change the wholesaler!

16387403_10208317291270539_7227762466086234178_n.jpg

A large number of my players feel that it was working perfectly well - and the changes have not helped make it better in any way at all. They feel it is worse now, without benefit!
You can look at this thread if you want to see some of the minor rebellion it has caused!
(I have deleted quite a few offensive comments!!)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/165...tif_t=group_comment&notif_id=1486065623297957

What is lacking for all of us, I believe, is an insight into the Devs long-term plan for the game. If they told us where they were going, it would make individual changes much easier to understand, if one could see them as part of a bigger picture!

Now the changes are arriving will-he, nill-he every few weeks - and they force us to change the way we play.
And because we do not understand the need for change - we throw our toys out the cot and have a temper tantrum, and threaten to leave the game and never return!

16299485_10208317301710800_3534207984548551357_n.jpg

There are a lot of retired or disabled people playing Elvenar: elderly, bereaved, lonely, sick and suffering from debilitating diseases. Just in my fellowships I have several who are severely depressed, two on chemotherapy who must face the real possibility of death every day, and one with a degenerative muscular condition who needs physiotherapy every day.
Those are the tip of the ice-berg; the ones I know of. I am sure there are many, many more.
This is the general pattern for browser games; healthy active young people are generally out there in the real world...
So there are many, many people who come to the game for solace - for a pleasant distraction from the unpleasantness of real life.
As they grow to feel competent at the game, it gives them a feel-good - so if the Devs keep pulling the carpet from under their feet every few weeks, they can never settle to just enjoy it; they constantly need to keep learning a new style.

A very larger number of my players DO NOT WANT THAT!
They do not want everything to keep changing; they would like to settle down and play the way they know for months at a time.
They would like to wake up in the morning and click the buttons mindlessly; placing a building here and starting a few factory runs; catering and fighting a few encounters.
They do not want to have to start all over again, regularly, learning how to play all over again!
They would like a break from the endless repetition of game changes; they would like to play the game they know, the way they know - without having to relearn it every three weeks.
They would like a 'holiday from change'; they would like the game to stay the same for several months!

Are the Devs aware of all this?

I wish we could pass it on to them!

J

**********************************************************************************************************************************

I HAVE ONLY ONE OPINION TO VENT TO YOU JACKLUYT .......

IF THIS IS THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN REPRESENT YOUR ("I represent a fanatical group of lovers of Elvenar") GROUP, I WOULD NOT WANT YOU REPRESENTING ME IN THIS OR ANY THING FOR THAT MANNER.

You have a platform and you have members, players and followers..... is this really the best you can do ?????

THANK YOU

THE NUMBER OF VOTES ON THIS THREAD SPEAK TO REPRESENTATION .......

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1901

@travis07 - Jack has done an excellent job for the player community and is in the top percentile of those that help the player base. Please do not attack someone when you have not done 1% of what that person has done, it very much diminishes your character and reputation within the community.

Many players have commented that they think the developers do not play the game. I am suspecting more and more that these comments are correct which to me is insane but hey, I'm not a game dev so....

I challenge the developers to sit down, make a brand new account on the live servers and play the game that they have made. No money from Inno getting dumped into the account, if you spend money it's out of your own pocket. Join a fellowship with no help from Inno or the mods and chat with your players. I honestly believe this is the ONLY way that they will see the disaster that they have created here. And I honestly believe that it will open your eyes to a lot of things and improve the changes that you decide to work on.

DeletedUser5278

@travis07 - Jack has done an excellent job for the player community and is in the top percentile of those that help the player base. Please do not attack someone when you have not done 1% of what that person has done, it very much diminishes your character and reputation within the community.

Many players have commented that they think the developers do not play the game. I am suspecting more and more that these comments are correct which to me is insane but hey, I'm not a game dev so....

I challenge the developers to sit down, make a brand new account on the live servers and play the game that they have made. No money from Inno getting dumped into the account, if you spend money it's out of your own pocket. Join a fellowship with no help from Inno or the mods and chat with your players. I honestly believe this is the ONLY way that they will see the disaster that they have created here. And I honestly believe that it will open your eyes to a lot of things and improve the changes that you decide to work on.
I agree with you totally, PixiBird. Like you, I have suspected the developers don't play the game they've developed as well -- at least under the same conditions and restrictions as a random player recruited from Facebook does. I also don't think they realize that many of the casual gamers they recruit - from children to seniors - aren't as astute about online gaming as the developers are. These new, casual players just want to have fun. They're lured into thinking they can build a magical city - and can actively play every day. When they find they can only play for 30 minutes - then have to wait hours or days to accumulate goods - many will leave. They'll then tell others not to sign up for Elvenar...which will create a downward public relations spiral for the game. While the developers use advanced players as a Beta group - perhaps they'd be better off hosting a series of public focus groups - bringing a variety of people in to try the game - and give their reactions.

DeletedUser4859

It is not clear what you are shouting about. If you use your words and explain your problem, we could perhaps understand what it is.

Anyone who has ever visited Platinum Leaf and gained from their efforts, appreciates their work greatly. The issue of who represents what becomes irrelevant when you see the reaction to the poll. It is the first time I have seen such a huge response to any poll and since Jack was the one who first thought of doing it, he gets my vote for trying to make a difference.

The devs keep telling us very little of what is going on and if this poll does nothing else, it will show them that there is indeed a problem. And this time it is not just the people who are normally active on the forum saying it.

DeletedUser1901

IS THIS ALL HE CAN DO TO REPRESENT HIS GROUP IN THIS ISSUE ?????

What do you want him to do? I suppose he could fly in and have a spot of tea with the devs and tell them what we want while nibbling on their crumpets... :rolleyes: geeze lol

Edit - Please keep this thread on task. I have been playing for about a year and have personally never seen a poll get this much attention. We need to keep this as focused and on top of the forum as much as possible because this is our best chance to get any information about how we feel to the devs. The mods have always said that one post with all the information gets more attention than 500 with a couple of comments. :D

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Repeating yourself doesn't actually explain why he has some duty to do (in your opinion) a better job of expressing his group's displeasure.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
is it a language barrier?
when people say they dont know what you mean, saying the exact same words louder does not help.
are you waiting for jack to answer? its a public forum, we all have the ability to answer, if you are clear with your question

DeletedUser4132

See? Now that's what you call Spam.
**************************************************************************************************************************

Now that was comical, its about time .....