• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Are you kidding me?

DeletedUser

I've been reading the "fellowships looking for members"
Are you kidding me?
In a thread post somewhere it said to look for a fellowship asap...
But the requirements to join are ridiculous!
"must have so many points...must have level such and such....must be boosted in all three factories"...
I don't even know how I got the planks boost, let alone know how to get the others...
"must play 6 days a week..." yup. I'll quit my job and my family to play.....

Shouldn't a fellowship have the attributes of welcoming, teaching, learning?

If you ever see a fellowship titled 'Noobs with Boobs", you'll know who started it ;)

DeletedUser

that's a fellowship I would join! I had much the same reaction as you when I looked into joining a fellowship. I can play 6 days a week fairly easily, but I don't want someone giving me a ration of ish if I take a few days off. And I'm so new that I don't even know how to put my avatar on this profile, so there ya go on that count...

DeletedUser

Woot! 2 members for the as of yet undiscovered Noobs with Boobs!

Up top on the right side of this page...click on yourself...should give an option for profile or avatar or something......

DeletedUser627

So sorry! Most of the players here in the Forums have been playing for a long time. Their Fellowships have members with millions of goods - which means that the Trader posts would be useless to you (since you don't yet have thousands of goods to trade at once).

From here in the Forum - and via personal message - members will be glad to mentor / teach etc. Fellowships, though, are the lifeblood of a city - which is why they tend to group according to size. For example, I only produce Planks - not Marble or Steel - because it's my boosted goods. I make 18,000 Planks or more every 3 hours. This means I have to rely on my Fellowship to produce similar large amounts of the goods I need in trade.

You can go to the list of Fellowships in the game, and start looking for one where the players are larger than you, yet where there can soon be some mutual benefit. If you can't play daily - which some fellowships request in order to gain the daily visits (Neighborhood Help bonuses) - there are many fellowships that advertise "casual play" on their description page.

This is a brief explanation - happy to answer any questions this may have raised! Ciao.

DeletedUser

That does make sense. I really don't want to be a noob in a fellowship where everyone else is expert level players that are all competitive and hard core. I do this for fun, because I like a city building game instead of WoW-type games. I wanna make stuff, not run around picking fights with people. LOL
I wish there was an easy way to scan through the fellowships and identify the ones that are more on my level, or that have a mix of players.

DeletedUser2392

Um so, that's how I felt when first started playing a couple months ago and actually created my own fellowship;). After growing and getting our fellowship off the ground, I realized why most advanced fellowships have standards in place. Without guidelines nobody cares and you don't get the benefits of helping each other and free fair trading. Also a lot of new players only play for a week or so and then quit, leaving you depressed. So I also listed guidelines to ensure a balanced fellowship we could all benefit from. You eventually learn and figure out how the game works and grow together. The more we grew the more advanced we became and in turn desire more concrete ground rules. Still not as strict as say, the top 50 fellowships, but regardless, standards are there for a reason as you will appreciate if you continue playing. For me it's made the game more enjoyable. Lol, I now prefer to play Elvenar over FoE. :D

DeletedUser627

That does make sense. I really don't want to be a noob in a fellowship where everyone else is expert level players that are all competitive and hard core. I do this for fun, because I like a city building game instead of WoW-type games. I wanna make stuff, not run around picking fights with people. LOL
I wish there was an easy way to scan through the fellowships and identify the ones that are more on my level, or that have a mix of players.

In the early stages of the game you can get by without fighting. The further you go, the more it will benefit you to learn how to fight.

The Fellowships have a total score listed - and this is a good guideline for starting in the right range. Look at your score, then the score of a city bigger than yours. If you want a strong fellowship look for one with 15 or more members, with a total score more than 15x your score and less than 15x the largest score. Skip all the ones with 25 members, and read the descriptions of the others. Have a message you can paste into your application: be sure to list your boosted goods, and how often you play. Answer any questions of theirs. Pretty soon you'll find a match - if you're lucky, a permanent one. Otherwise it'll take you a couple of tries.

DeletedUser

Yes...That's exactly what I've been doing the last half hour or so....scrolling through the not-so-huge ones and seeing if any peak my interest :)
So... what's 15x13378 hahaha

DeletedUser

In the early stages of the game you can get by without fighting. The further you go, the more it will benefit you to learn how to fight.

The Fellowships have a total score listed - and this is a good guideline for starting in the right range. Look at your score, then the score of a city bigger than yours. If you want a strong fellowship look for one with 15 or more members, with a total score more than 15x your score and less than 15x the largest score. Skip all the ones with 25 members, and read the descriptions of the others. Have a message you can paste into your application: be sure to list your boosted goods, and how often you play. Answer any questions of theirs. Pretty soon you'll find a match - if you're lucky, a permanent one. Otherwise it'll take you a couple of tries.

That is really solid advice! Thanks, Bobbipiazza. I think I need to advance a bit further before I join a fellowship. I just barely started making goods, and don't have any that are boosted yet. But the game is plenty fun enough that I'm playing every day, and will get there soon enough.

DeletedUser

hahahahaha!!! when you first log in...what city do you go to?
No worries...not important, just curious...

DeletedUser

dangit. we're not even in the same world, so Boobs with Noobs (or was it Noobs with Boobs?) can't get off the ground without intergalactic travel.

DeletedUser

hahaha, true....
dangit.... I kinda like "boobs with noobs"

DeletedUser

You should absolutely start that fellowship. I'm serious. I'd bet your biggest struggle will be keeping the drama to a minimum... ;)

DeletedUser2824

Most fellowships are understanding when life gets in the way, as long as you communicate your needs. Their rules and requirements are usually there to get more people that have the same play-style and are roughly around the same level. Some are more competitive, some are more relaxed. Others are geared for something specific, others are pretty open. The fellowship I'm in on my main world actually has members of all scores in it because our Archmage just wanted a nice, drama free zone.

I just started a new city in one world because I like building stuff, and since I've been playing for awhile I decided I knew enough to attempt starting my own fellowship. And since I wasn't very far along myself in this new world, it has become a very noob friendly place. I know what I'm doing and can answer their questions, but we're all about the same speed and so can grow together and have the most fun that way. While I suggest many things and give them advice on things that will help them out in the long run, the only hard rule I have is giving neighborly help at least 4 times a week. Why do I ask this? Because I want an active fellowship. Do I enforce this rule hard? Not really. The only person I've let go so far is someone I suspected of loosing interest in the game before their first week was up, seeing as their main hall was frozen for a couple of days straight.

My point is, if you look around, you'll eventually find a fellowship that suits your needs and your play style. :D

DeletedUser43

Or you can always start your own fellowship. The fellowship I am in all started playing together as brand new folks. It helped that we all started on day one, but still, the principle holds true. We all grew together and many of us are still together after more than a year of playing all the time.

It is fun to grow together!

You say you don't want a fellowship where there are a whole bunch of requirements, but trust me, after you have given all your neighbors help every day for a week and only one of them helped you back, you'll be wanting some rules. But, there are fellowships that will kick out their top members if they miss two days in a row and there are fellowships that will be happy to keep a friend around for months if they know they are going through something and everywhere in between. You just have to find the right fit.