• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

AW Kp Instants in Tourny Chests

Status
Not open for further replies.

HJK84

While looking at the different Chests, I see a color pattern for each item in the chests. I don't think it means anything;
Chest 4; gives 4 relics, color pattern is orange
Chest 6; gives 5 relics, color pattern is orange

Therefore, I'm guessing the colors don't mean anything.

As for the AW Kp Instants.
They also have color patterns, but the amount value of the Instants isn't viewable while looking at the Chests.
Is there a plan to add more details to this, in the future?

If not, this thread should help :p

Other opinions, idea's, etc. are welcomed and appreciated.

-Thanks, James :)

HJK84

Now that we've received the winnings of our efforts for Planks Tournament, we completed 4 Chests, the Tournament tab, viewed via Fellowship, needs a scroll for the window. No?

We're seeing the AW Kp Instants inside the window (proper # associated), the Relics on the left side outside the window (without a # associated to it) and the Chest with; Runeshards & Spells, on the right side outside the window (with proper #'s affixed to the runes and spells)

Is this a glitch to all?
A Chrome thingy?
Is it suppose to be this way?

If not, then just add a scroll wheel to the window and all will be fixed :)

Risen Malchiah

It's definitely glitchy. Our tournament page also has stuff stretching across the screen from left to right. I don't think that's intentional.
tourneyglitch.jpg

k777

I understood what they said on the live just now (March 27, 2018) about the problem with kps backing up if people were not there right when awards were given (I always use a kp expander enchantment on Saturdays so I don't have to worry about it. I also like that they're giving us more now. I even appreciate being forced to use kps on AWs since I almost never have any tech lock (in Woodelves now but I can always go back and pick up optional Squad Size upgrades rather than use them on AWs). BUT, they didn't answer my question of why didn't they just make the instants do BOTH?!? Use for tech tree OR AWs. Why tick off more players?

Laochra

BUT, they didn't answer my question of why didn't they just make the instants do BOTH?!? Use for tech tree OR AWs. Why tick off more players?
The earlier explanation that was given was they they didn't want us getting through the tech tree too fast. I found that to be a comical explanation with the KP costs in the tech tree.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
BUT, they didn't answer my question of why didn't they just make the instants do BOTH?!? Use for tech tree OR AWs. Why tick off more players?
The easy answer is balance. KPs for the bar are very plentiful with 5 ways to buy them, houry Kp, the map, quest rewards, aw rewards, and the tournament.
Because of that players almost never got stuck in the tech tree waiting for KP.
This made players feel that the guest race resource requirements(or mana/seeds) where too slow, when in fact it could be viewed that getting KP was too fast.

Simply removing some of the KP would cause an insane amount of outrage from the playerbase, so shifting some of the KP to wonders is actually a rather elegant solution. Giving players an 80-130% boost on those KP is a very nice touch as well.

k777

The easy answer is balance. KPs for the bar are very plentiful with 5 ways to buy them, houry Kp, the map, quest rewards, aw rewards, and the tournament.
Because of that players almost never got stuck in the tech tree waiting for KP.
This made players feel that the guest race resource requirements(or mana/seeds) where too slow, when in fact it could be viewed that getting KP was too fast. Simply removing some of the KP would cause an insane amount of outrage from the playerbase, so shifting some of the KP to wonders is actually a rather elegant solution. Giving players an 80-130% boost on those KP is a very nice touch as well.

Thanks for this info. :)
I actually found out about the wonder upgrade, AW upgrade bonus divine seeds thing after I posted my comment. I cannot agree with getting kps goes too fast, but I do see the "nudge" to work on AWs as legit. I think it's a good thing that the devs upped the amount of kps in the instants from what we were getting in straight up kps - it lowered the level of dislike for the change. They should have proclaimed this reason, though, when they rolled out the change. I find that very often they do not communicate well, and that causes player unhappiness when it might not be necessary.

SoggyShorts

. They should have proclaimed this reason, though, when they rolled out the change. I find that very often they do not communicate well, and that causes player unhappiness when it might not be necessary.
Indeed, this is a common issue with big changes, and the knee-jerk reaction is often very negative. It usually takes a few days for the players to take a step back and try to see the big picture.

DeletedUser14064

As a newer player, the KP Instants SOLELY for AWs is actually a hindrance to progression. I count on those KP to be able to complete researches that require a higher amount of KP. So either I wait 2-3 days for the KP needed and production of special goods grinds to a complete HALT or I spend coins to purchase KP, which would severely deplete my coins for any progress in my city. You do not realize the domino effect this has on smaller cities who NEED the KP from the tournaments to do basic progressions. PLEASE do NOT forget there are some smaller cities which BENEFIT from the KPs either being placed on the bar OR as an option with the instants.

SoggyShorts

I count on those KP to be able to complete researches that require a higher amount of KP. So either I wait 2-3 days for the KP needed...
I wouldn't call a city in chapter 7 "new", but even still you will soon be reaching points in the tech tree where you will get capped waiting for guest race goods if you haven't already. You've already upgraded wonders 10 times, so it looks like a portion of you KP has already went towards AW. Now that portion has simply been enhanced.
Unless you are really not ever getting techlocked, this change should be a good one for you. 168 hourly KP + ~100 KP from tournaments in your bar should be right on pace with techs. It's been a while since I was in chapter 7, but 4 techs per week seems about right, and I would think that most of the FS reward KP would end up in wonders anyways. This assumes you don't buy any KP or get any from province clearing on the map, which would get you techlocked even faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.