• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

AW society vs NetZero vs X...which is best for someone with no experience?

Kadhrin

• Fellowship Perk KP requires a workaround since you can't spend it on yourself and rarely does a Net0 chest ask for it. Our solution for this is Perk Partners where you pair up with another FS member and each pick a secondary wonder you want to level "eventually". Then every day dump your Perk KP into each other's choice. When they hit about half full you can balance it out (including top chests) and toss them into the Net0 thread.
Variant on this: Perk Partner system, but partners go for the first chest. Meanwhile, you put your own points into it. Then off to the Net0 spreadsheet it goes. This works fairly well for perk trios.
Another variant, with KP trade: KP trade happens for the first chest. Perk Partner goes for the *second* chest. Then it's off to the Net0 spreadsheet.
If a large surprise package appears, that might trigger immediate spreadsheet posting -- or not. The partner might take the second or whatever chest with points close to what's been contributed. Alternately, that AW can get a callout via chat or whatever and just stay out of the Net0 for that upgrade.

Katwick

Cartographer
How are Free Perk points a problem?
  • Add a couple of raw KPs to match the 5 point increment on a chest, and convert all of the points into AW Instants
  • If the Free Perk is a bit larger than the chest, gift a few free points
  • If your Perk is more than 10 points (you wish), and would bump somebody, then use the Free Perk to claim the Top Chest of a future AW.
    • Do the same if no AWs are posted.
What spreadsheet??

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
How are Free Perk points a problem?
Our FS is so fast with the Net0 targets that there are only 0-2 up at a time.
Once our perk went over 5 KP the bottom chest (or 2) no longer worked.
What spreadsheet?
Some Net0 FS use a spreadsheet *shudders*

Pro:
No need for math as chest values are already listed in the sheet
Neutral:
You can pick any chest rather than the top.
Con:
Spreadsheet. Barf.

Katwick

Cartographer
Nobody cares if you bump someone from a 5 pt chest to a lower 5 point chest, and gift a couple of points, so up to 9 Perk points are easy.

And if your Perk Points would bump somebody down to a less valuable chest, then don't. One of their AWs would do quite nicely

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Nobody cares if you bump someone from a 5 pt chest to a lower 5 point chest, and gift a couple of points, so up to 9 Perk points are easy.

And if your Perk Points would bump somebody down to a less valuable chest, then don't. One of their AWs would do quite nicely
Even in my FS we don't do 25 AW chests per day, certainly not at the perfect pace so that everyone can use perk points in the Net0 swap when they log in each day.
You need an outside system.

I'll put my 2 cents in about net zero.

I think it's the easiest system to use. I am in 6 fellowships. 3 use email chains, 2 use netzero, and 1 uses shout-outs.

In my fellowships with email chains, every time I log in, there are multiple messages waiting to be read. I open it, peruse the list, and decide who to donate to, after checking my AW to see how much room is left. Then I have to reply to the message, close out the email system, then re-open to make sure I didn't post at the same time as someone else, then donate to the person. And repeat that several more times until I have all donations done. And then, when the AW is close to being done, check to make sure all chests are taken, and that I don't donate more than I have room for.

It's not hard. But it is a fair amount of work.

Compare to netzero. Every time I login, there may be one email message waiting. Sometimes there are no new messages. And sometimes there are 2. I go into the netzero message, and open the indicated wonder(s) and donate the amount of the next chest. I do not have to write anything or get out of the messages and reopen. It takes way less time and effort. The only time I have to write a message is if I take the last chest on an AW. And that is a quick copy/paste, and then add "DONE" to the message. When it is time to list my own AW, I simply copy/paste, then add my AW on the top of the list. And then when it is finished, double check everyone's math, post in the admin thread if there are errors, and I'm done.