• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Award for Killing Fun Goes to: Whoever Nerfed Troops

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1590

I joined Elvenar first and foremost to take advantage of the city building aspect of the game. But watching buildings upgrade is about half a tic mark higher than watching paint dry. It was the battling that gave the game its "fun" quotient. The nerfing of the battle units has thoroughly sucked the life and fun out of battling so badly that I'm actually considering knocking down my barracks and armories because troops are now useless.

During the tourney I attacked a squad of archers with my sorceresses; that same unit (which would have done zero damage before the "improvement") destroyed 7 of my 12 sorceresses on its next turn. Golems no longer do any significant damage to archers anymore either. I went up against 3 cannoneers and 1 archer with 4 sorceress units and a golem unit. I lost 2 full sorceress units and half the golems. And before you tell me I don't know how to battle: I first-shot all of the AI's units round one--which should have dropped their attack damage--and by round two had the golems in action. Five-on-four and I lost half my troops. That's broken. Badly.

And, to rub salt into the tourney wounds, catering costs went through the roof and the AI's total number of units routinely hits six and seven units, even in the early rounds.

The devs are running this game into the ground and people aren't confining their complaints to this forum anymore. The reviews on gaming sites are overwhelmingly negative, but it feels like Inno has its head in the sand. When a game stops being fun, people stop playing. I b*tched about the orc requirement for negotiating--particularly bc it was introduced when I was at the tail end of dwarves--but resigned myself to the fact that I'd have to simply fight the sites in the provinces I could fight even with heavy losses and wait until I got larger squad sizes to finish the provinces off. But now winning is, for all intents and purposes, impossible.

Thanks for nerfing the fun along with the troops. :(:mad:

DeletedUser2753

The devs are running this game into the ground and people aren't confining their complaints to this forum anymore. The reviews on gaming sites are overwhelmingly negative, but it feels like Inno has its head in the sand. When a game stops being fun, people stop playing.
Wanted to highlight this with one exception. They have never listened to anyone but management that tells them " balance the game to increase revenue"

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
During the tourney I attacked a squad of archers with my sorceresses
Sorry, but that one is on you. You can clearly see on the information screen that archers now get a BONUS against mages, and mages no longer have a defense bonus against archers.
Yes, Inno changed how the battles work, and the old rock-paper-scissors you had memorized got turned upside down, but if you aren't going to read the new changes you are going to do very poorly.

DeletedUser3312

Yes, Inno changed how the battles work, and the old rock-paper-scissors you had memorized got turned upside down

True. and this is phase 1 of 3 phases that will roll out. I am beginning to build troops again and I am reading and making some notes. smiles. Will wait to try battling while you brave ones feel things out and volunteer your troops learning the new system. smiles. I'm on the sidelines cheering you on!!! grins...

DeletedUser1590

Sorry, but that one is on you. You can clearly see on the information screen that archers now get a BONUS against mages, and mages no longer have a defense bonus against archers.
Yes, Inno changed how the battles work, and the old rock-paper-scissors you had memorized got turned upside down, but if you aren't going to read the new changes you are going to do very poorly.
Thank you for not disappointing with yet another of your routine snarky responses. I did read the changes, tyvm. Perhaps you didn't read my post carefully enough to understand it. You'll note that I was referring to a single battle, which I fought before knowing that the new changes had actually been implemented. My comment was not a complaint about that particular battle, dumpyshorts. It was about the fact that the nerfing of the sorceresses and golems against archers has sucked the fun out of battles precisely because of the inability to take out the archers anymore with ranged units (other than your own archers, which can't be done if you're facing a 5:1 ratio). So before the next time you unleash what you apparently think is clever sardonic wit, take a step back and consider shutting your piehole.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Thank you for not disappointing with yet another of your routine snarky responses
You're very welcome lol. Sounds like you're covering up for making a numbskull mistake, but feel free to get your panties in a bunch. Sorry you feel that no longer having invincible mages has sucked the fun out of the game for you. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

DeletedUser2963

It was about the fact that the nerfing of the sorceresses and golems against archers has sucked the fun out of battles precisely because of the inability to take out the archers anymore with ranged units
Not having the same problem here at all, but then I am an elf. Do humans have heavy ranged units yet(I know adding them is part of the re-design, just not sure which rollout)? Sorceresses still kick the teeth right out of heavy ranged units, and heavy ranged units squish light ranged units.

DeletedUser1590

You're very welcome lol. Sounds like you're covering up for making a numbskull mistake, but feel free to get your panties in a bunch. Sorry you feel that no longer having invincible mages has sucked the fun out of the game for you. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Oh, Soggybottom, you are so cute when you try to troll. What's so sad is that you think you're actually good at it. B+ for effort though.

DeletedUser4417

Thank you for not disappointing with yet another of your routine snarky responses. I did read the changes, tyvm. Perhaps you didn't read my post carefully enough to understand it. You'll note that I was referring to a single battle, which I fought before knowing that the new changes had actually been implemented. My comment was not a complaint about that particular battle, dumpyshorts. It was about the fact that the nerfing of the sorceresses and golems against archers has sucked the fun out of battles precisely because of the inability to take out the archers anymore with ranged units (other than your own archers, which can't be done if you're facing a 5:1 ratio). So before the next time you unleash what you apparently think is clever sardonic wit, take a step back and consider shutting your piehole.

Umm, how exactly did you do that? I mean they sent out clear notifications that the changes were coming beforehand and then there was even an ingame notice like a day before the changes took effect. Failing that the MOMENT they went live there was noticeable changes that only a blind person could miss. So your claim of 'not knowing that the changes were implemented' falls rather flat. What it boils down to is you go lazy and assumed and got burned for that assumption.

If you had read and paid attention now each troop is strong against a particular type and weak against a particular type of troop. Perhaps if you read and paid attention rather than running around name calling acting like a spoiled child of 10 or so you might not have made that mistake.

DeletedUser3696

Not having the same problem here at all, but then I am an elf. Do humans have heavy ranged units yet(I know adding them is part of the re-design, just not sure which rollout)? Sorceresses still kick the teeth right out of heavy ranged units, and heavy ranged units squish light ranged units.
Humans are waiting for our heavy ranged unit. The fact we are sort of losing our dogs, the priests have been nerfed and our paladins aren't as invincible as before.
Catering got a lot more attractive, which saddens me since I love to battle. Now most battles are out of reach and I fear based on Inno's math I shouldn't scout anymore for at least 2 chapters (which is about 4+ months). Kind of a buzz kill, especially when I'm nowhere near the top when it comes to provinces scouted, I'm just starting the 12th ring while on the very last tech in the orc chapter.

DeletedUser4355

I got palladin now, they said it is invincible !! :confused:

invincible they said :mad:

DeletedUser43

You all have a voice, but you have to be LOUDER and we have to be TOGETHER. They dont read individual submissions anymore, its all form responses. Stop spending and they will HEAR US.

Our entire fellowship has agreed to boycott any diamond spending. Though sadly, 20% of our members walked out the door completely. They will obviously never buy another diamond. And others are holding on to the memory of what was. There isn't much game left for any of us.

DeletedUser1590

If you had read and paid attention now each troop is strong against a particular type and weak against a particular type of troop. Perhaps if you read and paid attention rather than running around name calling acting like a spoiled child of 10 or so you might not have made that mistake.
If you had read my post and paid attention--and perhaps read the title of the thread--the purpose was to indicate my being irritated my the intensity of the nerfinig, not that I lost the battle. Are you people deliberately obtuse or do you just like writing for the sake of jumping into threads? How about we put it back on track. How do you, Lionsmane, feel about the level of nerfing? Is it something you think made the game more fun? Less fun? No change? I'm interested in hearing what you have to say on that. Perhaps you could expound on that?

DeletedUser4417

The level of nerfing is fine. Once I researched the three techs that were suddenly mandated and took a moment, well more than a moment, to understand and work with the new battle mechanics I am approximately back where I was. I lose a few more troops than I did before but that is due to the enemy troop numbers being slightly larger now.

Whether it made the game more fun is too soon to tell. That will not be known until the full upgrade is in effect and we see the entire picture. So far there is no change, but then again I am moderate in that I don't focus unduly on one aspect as some here have and are now paying for.

DeletedUser43

People don't seem to realize that all their troops were nerfed. Sure, you got a few of the troop upgrades you were supposed to have in the future, but when you get to that future you won't have those upgrades and by then your troops will be weaker again.
So you really have lost a lot of troop power.

Once I researched the three techs that were suddenly mandated and took a moment, well more than a moment, to understand and work with the new battle mechanics I am approximately back where I was. I lose a few more troops than I did before but that is due to the enemy troop numbers being slightly larger now.

Whether it made the game more fun is too soon to tell. That will not be known until the full upgrade is in effect and we see the entire picture. So far there is no change, but then again I am moderate in that I don't focus unduly on one aspect as some here have and are now paying for.

You are back where you were now, after burning through three more techs that now won't be available to you in the future, and lose more troops than before. That sucks.

Whether it made the game more fun is too soon to tell. That will not be known until the full upgrade is in effect and we see the entire picture.

Fair enough. I am on beta so I have the second part of the battle system already. It will be here soon with the next upgrade. The dogs now take 10 hours for humans to train a single squad. Sorcs get nerfed a bit more and do the enchantresses....and now you need a mercenary camp to build those new promised fairy units. Blossom mage and others. I gave up fighting completely but those who are still fighting have said the new units are weaker than the old units and not worth taking the time to train. Maybe they will be great for some people, idk.

Let me know what you think. It will be here soon.

DeletedUser4417

People don't seem to realize that all their troops were nerfed. Sure, you got a few of the troop upgrades you were supposed to have in the future, but when you get to that future you won't have those upgrades and by then your troops will be weaker again.
So you really have lost a lot of troop power.

You cannot BE that Naive or blind. The redistributed the Squad upgrades more evenly. Yes, I got two squad upgrades that I did not have before but it does not make me weaker. The part you neglect is that in their reworking of troop and battle mechanics they made it so that rather than a person getting a static amount, they now get an incrementally increasing amount.

IE Old system a person with 24 Squad improvements would have a max squad of 24x12 = 288 whereas with the new system a person with those same 24 Squad improvements now has a max squad of 306. You also fail to realize that as the troops were restructured they now rely on a power pentagram wherein they are strong against some types but weaker against some types of troops and this applied to ALL troops whether they are Human or Elven. So no you have not lost troop power at all. You have to plan and strategize smartly and deploy and fight accordingly.

You are back where you were now, after burning through three more techs that now won't be available to you in the future, and lose more troops than before. That sucks.
Again with the glass is half empty mentality. It does not 'suck', it simply means that I as a field commander must plan my battles and deploy better. You look at it as three techs I won't have in the future. I look at it as having upgrades and units sooner which means you have more options to fight sooner.

DeletedUser43

And what happens when you get to where those troop upgrades were? You will have played the game longer, you will have scouted further, and your troops will be weak again. Only those troop upgrades aren't there any more...you already got them.

If they had ADDED more troop upgrades then you would have gained something. Instead, they weakened you and then took from the future something you will need then but won't have.

I'm not trying to argue with your pleasure. I am glad you are enjoying this upgrade. At least someone is.

DeletedUser4417

And what happens when you get to where those troop upgrades were? You will have played the game longer, you will have scouted further, and your troops will be weak again. Only those troop upgrades aren't there any more...you already got them.

If they had ADDED more troop upgrades then you would have gained something. Instead, they weakened you and then took from the future something you will need then but won't have.

I'm not trying to argue with your pleasure. I am glad you are enjoying this upgrade. At least someone is.

Again, we fall back to planning and tactics BobbyKitty. I scout/conquer to what it says/suggests in the # / # of the Advanced Scouting Tech/Chest. This means that my battles and negotiations are not harder/more expensive. It means I have to prioritize on what is and is not important in terms of production and buildings. It means planning. It can and is being done.

When a person gets to where those upgrades where etc.. their troop sizes are now well and above what they were when they were there. The amount increases the further one goes into chapters. To illustrate this lets take a look at what the troop size would have been in the old system at end of chapter and what it is now.

Old way you max out at 576 trooper per squad at the end of Orcs

Current way you max out at that same spot with 3534 troops per squad.

That is an increase ratio of a little over 6:1 if that is your idea of weaker then yeah..

Status
Not open for further replies.