• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Beginners Guide

DeletedUser

I would like to suggest a Beginners Guide to help new gamers and to also help us old ones lol
Tips on how to start your village, maintain it, and orchestrate your fights.
I personally, would write one if I thought I had a place to put it !
But where could I publish it?
And I would like for it to be somewhere where you could access it outside of forums !
So many players don't even know there are forums !
Maybe have a tab in Main Hall with a link to a Beginners Guide?
I have written one for all my fellowships in all the realms but it is difficult to keep sending it in messages
And speaking of messages, any way to get the notifications and messages issues resolved?
Every time you do anything the message and notification numbers keep popping up, so a lot of player don't read important messages because they think it is the same ones :eek:

DeletedUser594

One solution would be to use Google Docs. The format is similar to word and the document would go into a free cloud based storage. You can share the document with others by either e-mail invite or sharing a link. I use google sheets to share spreadsheets we use to track some game stats and share by link.
You can manage the sharing options to allow members to view or edit on an individual basis.

Once you make the document you click the share box (upper right corner), in the new small window click "get a shareable link". Then you get a pretty long link that's too much for our purposes since copy/paste doesn't work in game so I go to tinyurl.com and get a smaller link address- in the end you have a document online with a link like this:
http://tinyurl.com/zr59mvl
which has a mock-up of a beginners guide that i just made so you can check out the way it might work

Valtitude

Ffand, I admire your ambition to write all of this 'how to' information in a place where all players can read it. I agree it would be great to have for everyone! Might the bulletin board idea work - the one mentioned in Missanthropy's 'template' posts?
Thanks for the reference to Billy Connolly reading the quote from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy in one of your other posts ... I hear him every time I read your posts now. Terrific!

DeletedUser627

Ffand, if you use the Google approach, other of us could submit ideas on various subjects for you to append if you like.

I often receive personal messages from players, asking how to do this or that, what do I think about this or that...would love to put together some group papers and include some variant strategies - even the "clickless" one for players who don't have much time.

Since Inno doesn't seem inclined to do much to increase player retention, we are faced with doing it ourselves or languishing along until Elvenar gets back on a priority list.

DeletedUser

I would like to suggest a Beginners Guide to help new gamers and to also help us old ones lol
Tips on how to start your village, maintain it, and orchestrate your fights.
I personally, would write one if I thought I had a place to put it !
But where could I publish it?
And I would like for it to be somewhere where you could access it outside of forums !
So many players don't even know there are forums !
Maybe have a tab in Main Hall with a link to a Beginners Guide?
I have written one for all my fellowships in all the realms but it is difficult to keep sending it in messages
And speaking of messages, any way to get the notifications and messages issues resolved?
Every time you do anything the message and notification numbers keep popping up, so a lot of player don't read important messages because they think it is the same ones :eek:
~~~~~~~~~~~

I actually have a youtube gaming site where I have LOTS of Elvenar tutorial videos posted. I am updating and posting new more indepth videos as time permits. I pick different topics such as upgrades vs. lots of buildings, different battle videos where I discuss each unit type and what is good against what ect. It is NOT written out but rather in a video format so it is easy to follow. You can search for me by my youtube name: Momma's A Gamer or by following this link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY20J7jsuli_cDzXUvfW-pQ