• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Best Ancient Wonders?

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@SoggyShorts another 10 it seems, noting the model only went to chapter 17 at the time, so may be inaccurate for Ch20. But alas, I don't have the diamonds for that. 10 expansions would cost 68,400 diamonds at normal price, 61,650 at 10% discount, and 54,720 at 20% discount (offered Cyber Monday only).
image_2023-04-01_225506968.png

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
@iamthouth, thanks for looking at it again! I appreciate the time you put into it. :)

Obviously, in your city, the answer is that the AW levels are worth that space to you, for multiple reasons. I was just trying to emphasize the importance of being aware that, because of the formula, it’s not quite accurate to count the AWs as only having their base footprint when doing calculations on their efficiency compared to other buildings. I’m a firm believer in taking into account the population and culture required when calculating efficiency for manufactories or armories…this feels like the same approach to me with AWs. Most people recommend the GA solely as being an immense space-saver on population, and I’m just offering a small caution on that reason for recommendation.

In your case, not having those 32 wonder levels would reduce your catering costs by almost 5%…by the time you calculate all the space saved on 5% of your orcs and mana and standard and sentient goods production, would it balance out? Maybe, maybe not, in a pure math comparison of squares, but as your analysis shows, it wouldn’t actually be space-saving on the ground in your city, not least because you have no more regular expansions to place. I’m on the other end of that spectrum, with 22 unplaced expansions in inventory and many more to come in the tree yet, so the approach to efficiency calculations is rather different in my city. :D

Pheryll

Set Designer
@SoggyShorts another 10 it seems, noting the model only went to chapter 17 at the time, so may be inaccurate for Ch20. But alas, I don't have the diamonds for that. 10 expansions would cost 68,400 diamonds at normal price, 61,650 at 10% discount, and 54,720 at 20% discount (offered Cyber Monday only).
View attachment 15273
1. I do not think that the Mountain Halls bonus (added to the relic bonus for boost) is part of the CAL; if it is, then the wonder is doing you a significant disservice (not that this affects the comparison).

2. The province calculation and the AW level calculation are different multipliers. If the ratio between these changes significantly as you progress (especially since you are getting to the later chapters) then the number of expansions worth 32 wonder levels will also change.

maeter75

Loving this thread, all good thoughts and thinking and what to ponder especially as ones works on more AW's, it got me thinking.
  • My level 30 Golden Abyss, currently provides 182,000 people
  • My current housing is ~34K a house in 24 squares or 1400 people a square, these are all Magical Residences (regular houses would require more)
The Golden Abyss in 9 squares has the same population as 130 squares of housing, which is 5 full expansions of nothing but housing.

To me unless all things where a lot tougher, the 121 extra squares of space more then makes up for the penalty of AW levels.

Now IF it was 20% harder I would worry more but looking at peoples stats in this thread, it look more like 5% tougher

Last edited: