• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

best deals shown first?

DeletedUser626

would it be better for the community if the better trader deals for the buyer received a natural priority by showing up first on the trader? for example higher cost trades for similar materials by ratio (including undiscovered with trader fee) are below the lower cost by ratio (discovered no trader fee) trader deals?

seeing a two star trade on the second page under a no star trade, just doesn't seem right. (view the attached).

Attachments

• trader deals.JPG
    trader deals.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 67

DeletedUser511

No what would be better is something we can click to never see one star or less trades. Some people just dont know how to trade and are greedy. No stars means you need to rethink your trade big time.

DeletedUser

Both ideas are good. But lets clarify, if you put up a trade and it has only 1 star, reconsider it. When the trader puts in his cut it will get downgraded by 1 star to zero.

Now if I just had people in my neighborhood.

DeletedUser511

It dont downgrade if they put it even. One for one in the same tier or dont even put a trade up I say.

DeletedUser626

No what would be better is something we can click to never see one star or less trades. Some people just dont know how to trade and are greedy. No stars means you need to rethink your trade big time.

the default trader value is 1/1 for same tier goods, which looks fair. Undiscovered traders couldn't see most trades because it would be a 1 star, as a result of the 50% trader fee.

a discovered neighbor with a (no star) trade of 10 goods for 40 goods is a better deal than the wholesaler at giving 10 goods at a 50 goods cost.

For the Undiscovered Neighbor trades, the wholesaler would be better deal in such a scenario.
Because of the 50% Trader Fee the Undiscovered Neighbor trade would be seen as offering 10 goods for a cost of 60 goods.

what I'm suggesting is that the best deals (3stars) show up first by default, followed by the lesser star trades.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser61

I like the present sort order, which is
  1. Sufficient Quantity On-Hand (Green Accept button)
  2. Tier of Offered Goods
  3. Type of Offered Goods (within each tier, small to large quantities)
  4. Rating (actual ratio, in effect, because the demand quantity is sorted small to large)
  5. Tier of Demanded Goods
  6. Type of Demanded Goods (within each tier, small to large quantities)
  7. NOT name, so probably posting date
  • You can review your current inventory on the Place Trades tab
  • Trades expire after 7 days
  • You can use the filters to restrict trades to selected commodities.

DeletedUser626

I like the present sort order, which is
  1. Sufficient Quantity On-Hand (Green Accept button)
  2. Tier of Offered Goods
  3. Type of Offered Goods (within each tier, small to large quantities)
  4. Rating (actual ratio, in effect, because the demand quantity is sorted small to large)
  5. Tier of Demanded Goods
  6. Type of Demanded Goods (within each tier, small to large quantities)
  7. NOT name, so probably posting date
  • You can review your current inventory on the Place Trades tab
  • Trades expire after 7 days
  • You can use the filters to restrict trades to selected commodities.

let me see if i get what you are saying.

the current sort order is -
1. first listed are goods you can "currently" afford to buy, then sorted by 2-7
2. tier 1 goods before tier 2, and tier 3
3. trades with small qty's are shown before larger qty
4. star rating on small ratio before larger ratio

and you prefer that, over showing the best deals by rating first.
(i do like - You can use the filters to restrict trades to selected commodities.)

when i go to the store, i go there to get what i need at that moment.
when the first thing seen walking in is some flour (magic dust), 175' aluminum foil (steel), and charcoal (gems) at a big discount.
i'll usually pick them up, even if i can't use them now.

DeletedUser61

Actually, the discount table is usually way at the back of the store, and you have to traverse the entire store to get there. At best there's a sale sign by the front door, or you have a free standing insert.

Something has to be listed first, and I think it's pretty reasonable to feature the items that are useful to everybody, and especially so for our newest players.

That said, we're now testing Fellowships on the Beta server, and one of the features is a checkbox for trades posted by the other members of your Fellowship. It actually works rather well, and I now have vaguely balanced 5 digit quantities of everything.

I'd suggest setting this discussion aside for a month or so, until we've become used to Fellowships.

DeletedUser626

Actually, the discount table is usually way at the back of the store, and you have to traverse the entire store to get there. At best there's a sale sign by the front door, or you have a free standing insert.

Something has to be listed first, and I think it's pretty reasonable to feature the items that are useful to everybody, and especially so for our newest players.

That said, we're now testing Fellowships on the Beta server, and one of the features is a checkbox for trades posted by the other members of your Fellowship. It actually works rather well, and I now have vaguely balanced 5 digit quantities of everything.

I'd suggest setting this discussion aside for a month or so, until we've become used to Fellowships.
________________________________________________________________________________

the shops down where I'm at have the discount tables (usually very soon expiring items) marked down at the front of store.

I agree, the lowest tier, lowest qty, then star rank is a good sort priority.

From what i've read, the beta testing fellowships system (chat yeah!) is going to help with making trading better.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

How about allowing the player to change the trade-sorting hierarchy?
My preference (using @Katwijk's post above as a reference) would likely be 4-->2-->3-->5-->6-->1-->7.

DeletedUser511

I juts want a option to not even see 1 or less stars. Also for it to stay turned on. Im not ever gonna buy them so I dont want to flip through dumb trades to get to others.