• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Best Uses for Pet Food

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
I’m a pure caterer*, so I don’t have or use a Fire Phoenix, or combat boosters.
Once you complete all the levels and update all the catering AWs, you will become a hybrid because you can no longer become a stronger caterer. I started out as a pure caterer, but you have to take what opportunities Inno give you.

Flashfyre

Once you complete all the levels and update all the catering AWs, you will become a hybrid because you can no longer become a stronger caterer. I started out as a pure caterer, but you have to take what opportunities Inno give you.
And that is the real disparity INNO continues to support: they have provided more than ample support and boost items for those who fight (Fire Chicken, Twilight Chicken, 5Day Martial bldgs, Brown Bear, Vitality Surges, to name a few), and have given the caterers only 1 (Astral Chicken).

So where, I ask, are the items that allow caterers to recover a portion of their offered goods (a la the Vitality Surge), or a 5Day expiring building that provides 2% stackable reduction in goods, or another bear that provides a scaling reduction in time for factories (in the way the BB reduces the training time).

:mad:

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
So where, I ask, are the items that allow caterers to recover a portion of their offered goods (a la the Vitality Surge), or a 5Day expiring building that provides 2% stackable reduction in goods, or another bear that provides a scaling reduction in time for factories (in the way the BB reduces the training time).

:mad:
I'd point out that fighters don't ever win past about 55 tourney provinces and they don't win at all until after chapters 8-12. The game is designed for hybrids. Pure caterers or pure fighter cannot succeed as well as a hybid that evolves over time. That is good game design IMO.

Overall, I'd say I'd be more successful as a pure caterer than a pure fighter. The game IMO favors caterers. Some fights in the tourney, just can't be won by fighting. Other fights in the Spire are very hard to win by catering but that can be overcome with multiple tries and a judicious use of diamonds (only needed on 7 & 8 good catering).

I will add one exceptions. A subset of players have 5 or more Twilight Phoenixes. That purchase, breaks the game and makes fighters almost invincible. ... but it is a purchase with real dollars. Inno is always willing to take money even if it breaks the game. On some level, what I do with 70 culture building building up a 700%+ Culture bonus is pretty close to breaking the game as well, but is not nearly as effective as large multiples of Twilight Phoenixes. If you doubt me, look at your highest Tourney point scorer and count the Twilight Phoenixes.

Last edited:

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
Current use (for me) is as follows

2 week tourney cycle (I only have on of each building, I wish I had more)
  • 2 Brown Bear
  • 2 Fire Phoenix
  • 2 Tinlug
  • 1 Polar Bear
I find it more convenient to feed the brown bear twice and kill all my time instants while I sprint through the Tourney on each Friday/Tuesday Cycle with combat buildings active.

FA (I only have one Red Panda):
  • 1 but usually 2 Red Panda
Extra Uses (when inventory is high):
  • Brown Bear (any time)
  • Storm Phoenix & Aurate Phoenix (together with Magical Manufacturing) to start the day (after 9 hour production cycles end)