• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Better Reward for Achieving 19 chests

XLWizard

Eater of Crawfish
I'm posting this request as a follow up to "bretonrae".s earlier post concerning greater incentive after 10 chests. I read the responses and ...OK, yes you do get a few more RR's and KP's etc. But on the whole (in my opinion) the rewards between 10 chests and 19 chests is not that much. I also tend to slack off and just cherry pick provinces between Thursday thru Saturday as long as I have my 2,000 points in to fund my cauldron.

Every so often my fellowships Tournament Mage challenges us to hit 19 chests (usually for the Marble Tournament). We sacrifice a few goats, feed Bears and Big Ugly Birds and then we do it. After all that work it would sure be nice to receive something substantial for that effort. (Like another Blueprint or a few Sips of Clarity or even a few Astral Stones). Just something else to recognize getting 19 chests.

Siorse

What about just making the 19th chest worth triple what the other bonus chests are? So you would get 3 RRs and a 30 point AW spell for chest 19 instead of 1 RR and a 10 point spell.
That would probably be okay for FS that already go for 15+ chests but not really enough to compel more laid back FS to tourney on imo.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
That would probably be okay for FS that already go for 15+ chests but not really enough to compel more laid back FS to tourney on imo.
Laid back fellowships are not likely to have the ability to make it to chest 19 even if they tried. It requires a total of 167,000 points to get all 19 chests. For a 25 member fellowship this requires an average score of 6,680. To get that score, you need to fully clear 25 tournament provinces. Casual players are not going to be able to do this.

Realistically, increasing the prize for chest 19 is only going to benefit the top fellowships on a server. I think there are less than 10 fellowships per server who do 19 chests on a regular basis. Probably another 20 or 30 fellowships who have the ability to do it every so often in a push situation. I doubt there are many beyond that.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The rewards for getting more chests are not intended to be an incentive, they are a sop to us for our complaints. We went from getting nothing for anything past 10 chests, to getting something to acknowledge the effort, including up to 36,000 FS ranking points every week you manage it.

Last week over 50 fellowships across all servers got all 19 chests. Getting the necessary 160,000 points requires a variation on all 25 players in the FS getting 6400 points each or some to do much more than that. To do so requires at least several members to have 30+ provinces available for the tournament. As such, it funnels a bunch more stuff to 50+ groups that are already full of large active cities and are getting a bunch of stuff. It offers nothing to fellowships of less than 20 people ( a 20 person FS needs every member to get 8,000 points ) or who have a significant number of smaller members, so is one more incentive for aggressive fellowships to recruit high-level players aggressively. There is no incentive large enough for a player in chapter 8 to get their share, because they don't have enough provinces open to get 6400 points no matter how bad they want it.

To refer as I often do to the "read before posting" post in this forum:
Will it benefit players from all markets and all stages of the game?
The answer is no. It will offer benefit only to a small number of players in a full fellowship where the average player can finish at least 24 provinces to six rounds.

I'll now refer to the senior forum moderator on the En servers, where this was debated hotly in the past:

"What the Devs did not want, is to increase the amount of Chests required to "complete" the Tourney as it were. I'm reminded of how some months ago, the overall opinion was that the Tourney had become far too difficult beyond a certain point and 10 Chests was potentially unachievable for Higher Ranking Fellowships?
It is the choice of Fellowships if they wish to compete for Tournament Greatness, above and beyond that of the 10 Chests. However the Devs will not be looking to award anything further than what they currently do for the Bonus Chests."

That may, of course, change, but it will almost certainly require a well thought out plan and demonstrate value to more than a small number of players.

Laid back fellowships are not likely to have the ability to make it to chest 19 even if they tried. It requires a total of 167,000 points to get all 19 chests. For a 25 member fellowship this requires an average score of 6,680. To get that score, you need to fully clear 25 tournament provinces. Casual players are not going to be able to do this.

Realistically, increasing the prize for chest 19 is only going to benefit the top fellowships on a server. I think there are less than 10 fellowships per server who do 19 chests on a regular basis. Probably another 20 or 30 fellowships who have the ability to do it every so often in a push situation. I doubt there are many beyond that.
Edit: Ninja'd because it took me over an hour to compose that

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
once at the latter rounds, i "cherry pick" based on the rewards. Since a lot of the latter rounds offer broken shards, and capacity is capped, why bother spending resources to "win" them?
I keep seeing this and find it confusing. Round six offers a broken shard for all provinces after nine, but that's just sprinkles on top of the icing. The prize is the Rune piece, which in an active KP swap fellowship equates to 15KP to donate to someone else (on top of the five relics for crafting) it's the highest payout of the whole tournament. Round six in provinces 10-20 gets me 150 KP to swap every week.

And if I happen to be at a point where I need shards, every 10 free ones saves me another rune piece, so is an additional 15KP to swap.

defiantoneks

I keep seeing this and find it confusing. Round six offers a broken shard for all provinces after nine, but that's just sprinkles on top of the icing. The prize is the Rune piece, which in an active KP swap fellowship equates to 15KP to donate to someone else (on top of the five relics for crafting) it's the highest payout of the whole tournament. Round six in provinces 10-20 gets me 150 KP to swap every week.

And if I happen to be at a point where I need shards, every 10 free ones saves me another rune piece, so is an additional 15KP to swap.
i'm not saying i "always" skip them. but if i'm conserving resources, those are the ones i skip.

bkbajb

We are the top FS in Harandar, not bragging and we get Spire gold and 19 chests every week. The prizes for 19 chests are worth the effort. Sure it would be nice to throw pet food out or a rare item but the higher your score the more KP you get which means getting through the tech tree faster or being able to upgrade your AW's faster. In the tournament each week I get almost 600 KP, not including what I make. So if that is not enough of an incentive to some that is fine. Perhaps when those players get their AW's to level 31 and see what the KP requirements are they will want to get those 19 chests every week. Plus the amount of KP the tech tree needs in higher chapters.

*waves at bkbajb*

I agree with bkbajb. I try not to think about the 10kp per chest 11-19 as a small reward. Instead, I consider that all 25 FS members are getting 90 extra kps from chests, is 2250 kp being funneled into the fellowship...this isba good thing. The RRs are essential when you get to full size. The other aspect is the striving - getting 15-20k+ tourney points also means a lot of kp from just completing the tourney rounds themselves. Also the spells is nice. For those who complain about fragments, they could consider the extra rewards as fragment, and disenchant.

Plus, as has been said a few times already, this question has been asked and answered. Shift your viewpoint. And anyways, as bk said, coming from an FS who has gotten 19 chests every week for over a year, it is worth it. The game rewards you for a) balance and b) leaning in.

Genefer

10 kp is always welcome :)

A Royal Restoration is not a small prize, and other than the Tournaments, occasional quests in higher chapters, and the Oracle of Fortune AW they have to be crafted in the MA or produced in a Sorcerer's Hut which cost 20 dollars - if the player receives the offer to purchase the hut.

1b royal restorations.png

A blueprint is worth 300 diamonds in the MA - so 1 RR is equivalent to 30 diamonds.

So, a FS that completes 11+ chests earn 30 diamonds and 1 - 10kp per additional chest.

A 19 chest FS earns 9 RRs which is equivalent to 270 diamonds.

The value of the RR is increased further, because there is no other way to upgrade culture. It is not cost effective to have culture below chapter, and I do not want to have to scrap evolves, buildings sets, or really good mana buildings with each chapter progression.

Royal Restorations are of greater value than a blueprint, because I can upgrade my magic buildings with diamonds or a blueprint.

Last edited: