• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

blue screen on visiting city

• Thread starter Deleted User - 610884
  • Start date

Deleted User - 610884

Game version: __ v1.8.5-(e7208e3) (2016-06-22 10:10)
Game world: __Arendyll
Browser + version: __Chrome Version 51.0.2704.106 m
Flash Player version: 22.0.0.192
Operating System: _Windows 10_
Screen resolution: _1280 x 1024_
Account name: _sistersci_
Humans or Elves: _elves_

Reproducibility: _3/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: __ n/a

Current situation:
WHen I click on a city in the world map, it sometimes seems to start to load the city, but instead shows only a dark blue screen with an arrow (from world map) and moving the mouse will find buildings in the city (see the screen grab). As far as I can tell, clicking on these buildings does not result in help or a reward for me.

Expected situation:
click on city will pull up the city always with ability to provide help and receive reward.

Reproduction Steps
Click on world map icon when in city.
2. Click on city to visit that you are able to give help to.
2016-06-25 (1).png

DeletedUser68

Something new is going on, because we gotten a couple such reports, but so far we have not been able to replicate it. My intuition is that one of the Virus Protection programs has decided that it doesn't like some of the Flash elements anymore, but we have yet to run down a common cause.

If you would be so kind, please validate your internet connectivity, clear your browser cache, clear your flash cache, take a close look at your firewall/virus protection, and try a different browser if you can. Let us know if you figured it out, but submit a Support Ticket if you're still stuck.

Communications
A great many of our Stream Errors are caused by, or aggravated by, a fragile network connection. Ookla provides one of the more effective connectivity tests, and especially so for the connection between your location and your Internet Service Provider, aka The Last Mile.

In game, your Trade window is an effective way to check the integrity of your internet connection, and your latency. All of the change of state responses are sent to the server and it's the server reply that provides you with the changed images.
  1. Open your Trade window and select the Place Offer tab
  2. Place and CONFIRM a few small trades
  3. Open the Your Offers tab and DELETE the offers. Your browser client does NOT delete your trade, but rather waits for instructions from the server.
If these transactions take longer than a slow eye blink, or if you get a Stream Error, then you have a communications problem and you need to investigate the connectivity between your client and the Elvenar servers. http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5402120667 is an example of a recent test from Seattle into Miami area, where the Elvenar servers are located. If you're getting similar results, right off the bat, then your internet connection probably isn't causing you any trouble. Otherwise, the Ookla tool will help you determine the level of service when you're accessing various local data centers that are hosting a Speedtest.net server.

Clearing Caches
Chrome
Firefox
Internet Explorer
Flash

Firewall and/or Virus Protection
This one is very system dependent, so you're pretty much on your own.
You might want to ensure that the Elvenar domains are on you list of approved sites.

DeletedUser115

As Missanthropy stated, I would recommend clearing both your browser and Flash caches to see if this issue persists.

Should you still experience this issue, please submit a support ticket so we can look at your ticket for you. :)

Should anyone else experience this issue, please let us know in this thread. Thank you! :)

Deleted User - 610884

I've done the browser and flash cache clears -- I'll let you know if I see this again. It's intermittent, and sometimes clicking on a city fails while five minutes later it succeeds, so I'm not surprised it's hard to replicate. Thanks!

Deleted User - 610884

Unfortunately, it continues to be an issue. The problem came back, not only going to cities, but also trying to return to my own. I switched to Microsoft Edge vrs.25.10586.0.0, and am getting the same thing. I'll submit a ticket, and am going to look into whether it's my network connection. I connect over satellite or mobile --- living out in the middle of nowhere limits your internet options.

Deleted User - 610884

I'll be interested to hear. On the other hand, I think it probably was the reason that last night for a brief period of time my elven city had human ancient wonders. I had tried and failed to visit a city that has them, and then they showed up in mine. And I don't even have ancient wonders at all normally! :D

DeletedUser115

Hi guys -

I have not had any further reports in the forum or through support, and have not been able to reproduce the issue.

We do apologize for the inconvenience, but unfortunately, I will be moving this to archives.