• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Blueprints- Event upgrades-currency

WolfSinger

Maybe in your FS, but if the group rewards have a great benefit for everyone then some teams will focus much more on tourneys and perhaps push harder for the greater good of the FS and the new rewards.

I've actually been doing a couple more than I used to do - for a couple of reasons 1) to try and encourage others to participate and 2) with the new job, I'm now stuck only being able to play in the tournament when I get home - so can only hit 4 rounds (5 if I get lucky and can hit early enough Friday night to catch before it closes on Saturday.)

I use to only worry about getting 20 KP per round - now I get at least 8 provinces each round.

DeletedUser2870

Event buildings are technically "free" and really easy to obtain. Blueprints cost diamonds and most likely won't be an easiest things to get.

Optimistic suggestion.

About the blueprints, I agree.

The event buildings, not so much. Especially in my lowlevel city, I waited going for a building until I saw one come by that I really liked.
By that time I had a nice stock of snowflakes. I opened 11 large chests that day, each with a 25% chance and did not get the daily building even once. Which really pissed me off btw.
In that whole event in that city I only got 4 event buildings, and that is including the ones from the first and second checkpoint. So I only got 2 of the daily ones. And the last event ran a real long time.
Of course, in my US main city I just kept getting the daily buildings regularly, so much so that Im not even placing many.
Just to say that those event buildings arent as easy to get as it seems. The random factor really means you never know.

DeletedUser3507

What's weird is that alot of chapter 4-6 players seems to have a enormous amounts of them.

DeletedUser7736

Just chiming in here: I'm rather new to the game (joined late November 2016). I have done the Winter Event, the Valentine Event, and now the Phoenix Event. I'd like to see an opportunity to "upgrade" my "Culture and/or Population" Event Buildings. I got my Castle Snow Flake in Chapter 2, my Burukbrak's Bridge of Love in Chapter 3, my Mysterious Magic Egg in Chapter 4, and now I furiously trying to complete "A Path to Heritage - Advanced Scouts" so I can claim the "Purple Phoenix Egg" in Chapter 5.
It would be nice to be able to "upgrade" my Castle Snow Flake from "Chapter 2" to "Chapter 5" (presumably three upgrade tasks) to increase its benefits commensurate with the requirements of my current chapter. Otherwise, I will be forced to trash the Castle to replace it with something like the "Phoenix Excursion" which I'll do but I'd rather not.
Maybe hold an Event that focuses on "Level UP" of previous Event buildings? Collect widgets by completing tasks, trade widgets to upgrade Event buildings (with or without a "library" building or whatever if another control is needed). Even further restrictive to specific level up levels (only 2 to 3, only 3 to 4, etc...) then treat lower level up widgets as "shards" which could be used toward a higher level up.
Anyway, just spit-balling here.

DeletedUser7694

Tourney rewards: I'd say, scrap blueprints altogether as they are an added level of "currency" that isn't really needed. Replace BPs with Diamond rewards for the tourneys. That makes sense to me, as there is no other way to get Diamonds other than spending real-life $$ (and some of us are short on the unallocated RL $$.) This would increase activity in the tourneys.

Event buildings: I've only played in the current Phoenix event. The summer flower cage I have received 6 times, which sucks because now that I have spent the Phoenix crystals, I can't sell the additional cages back for something more worthwhile. I we could only receive an event building ONCE per event, then it is honestly unique. Once we get the building, the building-reward turns either into a diamond reward, or into a permanent building-boost award (i.e.: adding population or culture or added production quantities.)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Event buildings: I've only played in the current Phoenix event. The summer flower cage I have received 6 times, which sucks because now that I have spent the Phoenix crystals, I can't sell the additional cages back for something more worthwhile.
There are at least 4 guides out there with list of all the rewards and which days they are available to you. Choosing to spend all of your essence on a prize you don't want isn't a flaw in the event. Many event items are actually better than the diamond prizes already, if you pick and choose which ones to go for.

DeletedUser7694

Choosing to spend all of your essence on a prize you don't want isn't a flaw in the event.
Yes, I chose to spend the crystals to increase the # of feathers so I could get the "big" prize, and happened to get the cage as a reward 6 times in addition to the feathers. Yes, my mistake, as a new player....still frustrating as runes or relics or KP would have been more awesome. However, you are right, lesson learned, but I wish it was less........irksome.

DeletedUser6335

As mucked up as tournies are for some - and with only a small percentage (very small if I remember correctly -I think @SoggyShorts posted it somewhere...) of FSs even able to get the BP, I think putting diamonds in as a reward would actually be a bad thing, a bad bad thing.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
As mucked up as tournies are for some - and with only a small percentage (very small if I remember correctly -I think @SoggyShorts posted it somewhere...) of FSs even able to get the BP, I think putting diamonds in as a reward would actually be a bad thing, a bad bad thing.
I'm ambivalent. To put it frankly, a small handful of FSs would get some diamonds, and 99% of players would get none, which hardly seems like a dramatic change from what we have now. It might cause a little infighting among the heavy-weight fellowship members, but I'm not seeing any path to a "bad, bad thing."

edeba

Where's the dislike or down vote button?

In my fellowship we have players saying the tournament changes have made the game truly fun again and going for the blueprints is part of the fun.

Tourney rewards: I'd say, scrap blueprints altogether as they are an added level of "currency" that isn't really needed. Replace BPs with Diamond rewards for the tourneys. That makes sense to me, as there is no other way to get Diamonds other than spending real-life $$ (and some of us are short on the unallocated RL $$.) This would increase activity in the tourneys.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
"Down" votes are only possible in a poll and for good reason. The internet has shown many times over that anything else is too prone to mixing idea-dislike with person-dislike. If enough people think an idea has merit, somebody will create a poll. The best place to do so is on the beta forums. Then, if the poll gets enough positive responses the moderators will send it to the devs to go into their "things to look at one day" black hole.

DeletedUser1996

if we get lucky they MAY do something about it OR at least look it over- right ! :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
That part is true.

I've seen one of the alternatives, and it wasn't pretty. Two loud voices on forums convinced the devs to make changes that caused about 10% of the players to quit.

Deleted User - 1580260

Why not make the event daily prize 'die roll' so you don't repeat the last prize ?

kctanzen

Summary:
Gain blueprints from selling event buildings, and use blueprints to buy upgraded event buildings.

Description:
While we know very little about what (if anything) the upcoming "Blueprints" feature will be used for other than upgrading Magical Residences/Workshops, I have an idea that might make them appealing to everyone.

What if selling an event building gave you some blueprints? Let's say 2 per chapter level. So a Father Tree that you got in chapter 4 would give you 8 blueprints. Then, since you have "unlocked" the Father tree, you could buy it/build it at any time and it would scale to your current chapter-- BUT at a cost of 4 blueprints per chapter level.
To sum up:
  • Gain an event building in chapter 4,
  • Sell event building for 8 blueprints, and "unlock" that building
  • Reach chapter 5
  • Buy event building that you previously "unlocked" for 20 blueprints
Motivation:
Buildings serve 2 purposes in Elvenar;
  • Making your city look good/unique
  • Enhancing your city's efficiency by giving you goods/pop/supplies/culture.
Ideally a building should do both, and most event buildings do...for a while. As you progress you will "outgrow" these buildings, and have to choose whether to replace them with more efficient ones, or keep them. Also some event buildings might be seen as "seasonal", and not everyone wants a snowman year round.

Possible Downsides:
Obviously the number of blueprints needed for upgrading Magic buildings, and the number you can win from tournaments would need to reflect this balance, that's why I'm making a suggestion before they come out and it's possibly too late.

I like the concept -- specific costs / mechanics seem overly spendy, since the events themselves are rather regularly repeating affairs with similar prizes in the major seasonal events.

I would be more inclined to think using chapter gained x 1 = sell value.for event only blueprint upgrades.
Upgrade cost = current chapter x 1.5 blueprints.

And .. these event blueprints are independent of premium.
A database flag similar to the levels of instant awards (legendary / epic / etc) would differentiate them and just add into the summoning tab of that reward section.