• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

boosted goods choice in new city dilemma

I'm trying to decide which option to go with in starting a new human city, since when I started this game I chose elves n didn't know what I was doing at the time, n wound up with silk as my Tier 2, which has big, huge, gross, disgusting, hairy, creepy spiders on top of them once you get past level 15. And since I can't change boosted goods in a city, I don't wanna be forced to look at them the rest of the time I play this game.

So I decided to do a human city, mainly to see the different types of buildings available, plus I've read that their armies do better in encounters n battles than elven ones, n I'm a combat-heavy guy. But here's the dilemma...I really like the appearance of both the scrolls (dragons) n magic dust (orcs, goblins) factories, especially in the upper levels, but I also really love magic, n crafting stuff in the Magic Academy, n to craft stuff requires Combining Catalysts which come from plank, scroll, n magic dust relics.

Hence the question...do I go with the combo I like b/c of how the buildings look, but sacrifice the progression in boost bonuses from the number of relics for Tiers 2 n 3 factories (going w/steel for Tier 1, since I already have marble in my elven city), or go with the steel/crystal/elixir combo instead, so I can still do a bunch of MA crafting by producing as many CC's as I like, n not hurt the boost bonuses received from relics? For those of you who have the steel/scrolls/elixir combo, how do you do it? thanks

Alpha Lyrae

You should always produce your boosted goods. Goods manufactories don't produce relics. Relics can be earned by completing province encounters on the map. You can also earn them in tournaments and, sometimes, from helping your neighbors/fellowship members.

Edit: I hope that answers your question because I was a little confused. lol. The relics you need to produce spells (including CCs) in the MA, are never the same as relics you need for your boosted goods. They are intentionally different.

You should always produce your boosted goods. Goods manufactories don't produce relics. Relics can be earned by completing province encounters on the map. You can also earn them in tournaments and, sometimes, from helping your neighbors/fellowship members.

Edit: I hope that answers your question because I was a little confused. lol. The relics you need to produce spells (including CCs) in the MA, are never the same as relics you need for your boosted goods. They are intentionally different.
thanks for replying, but that's not what i was asking...i'm asking WHICH group of boosted goods should i go for when i start my new city; the ones i think look better at the expense of going slower on relic bonus since i'd be using the relics needed to produce CCs in my MA, or ones that don't use CC relics so i can get normal boosted goods bonus. so ur saying if i do the steel/scroll/magic dust combo, that those won't be the ones needed to craft CCs?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
thanks for replying, but that's not what i was asking...i'm asking WHICH group of boosted goods should i go for when i start my new city; the ones i think look better at the expense of going slower on relic bonus since i'd be using the relics needed to produce CCs in my MA, or ones that don't use CC relics so i can get normal boosted goods bonus. so ur saying if i do the steel/scroll/magic dust combo, that those won't be the ones needed to craft CCs?
You mean you can choose your boosts? I never knew that. I certainly wasn't asked what I wanted when I started playing, Hmm.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Your boosted goods are determined by where you are plopped onto the map when you start a city. Some folks have tried starting 8 cities on 8 different worlds hoping to get the boosts they'd prefer and still didn't get them. There is no way to choose your boosted goods.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Your boosted goods are determined by where you are plopped onto the map when you start a city. Some folks have tried starting 8 cities on 8 different worlds hoping to get the boosts they'd prefer and still didn't get them. There is no way to choose your boosted goods.
That's what I thought, Sami; thanks for verifying it.

You only have one group of boosted goods (not counting sentient goods) no matter how many relics you have.
i get that...my point was, if i chose steel/scrolls/magic dust, n the MA recipe for CCs remained constant, i'd have to keep burning scrolls n magic dust relics to produce them, slowing my production bonus based on how many relics for boosted goods u have. but since it seems the recipe changes based on what ur boosted goods are, so u don't have to burn relics pertaining to boosted goods, then problem solved

actually, there kinda is...if u start a city, n don't like the combo u get, u can simply ignore it n keep starting new ones until u get the combo u want. i even emailed innogames thru the customer support, n they verified this. their system automatically deletes any cities w/no activity after 30 days, n there's no limit to how many new cities u can start; so as long as u know the combo u want using the link posted above, u can "choose"

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
keep starting new ones until u get the combo u want
I never thought of that! As an former colleague of mine used to say 'I learned something new today; can I go home now?'

Seriously, though, one of the reasons I like the forums so much is the variety of ways people look at things. Thanks for going into detail so I could see how that would work. :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
A set of boosts which are in demand today might not be tomorrow if a new player gets moved in next door or joins your FS. There's very little advantage for all that effort of starting new cities over and over. Even if you pick exactly what you think is best, if your neighbourhood happens to have a few cities with similar boosts, you're just going to end up unable to trade.

The one advantage is level one factory size for certain events and challenges. if you are human, some things will be easier if your T1 boost is marble. If you are elven, some things will be easier if your T1 boost is either marble or planks. That's about it.

NightshadeCS

Ok, with that approach, simply go for the ones you like the look of. The relics used in crafting Enchantments will be different based on what your boosts are, as a few people mentioned above, so you can disregard that part.

There are a few other considerations, such as the current perceived excess Scrolls being produced, etc. But those things can change, so I wouldn't get too hung up on it. Good luck in getting what you want!

By the way, the Silk factories look much better a bit further along:
Silk Manu max lvl.jpg

A set of boosts which are in demand today might not be tomorrow if a new player gets moved in next door or joins your FS. There's very little advantage for all that effort of starting new cities over and over. Even if you pick exactly what you think is best, if your neighbourhood happens to have a few cities with similar boosts, you're just going to end up unable to trade.

The one advantage is level one factory size for certain events and challenges. if you are human, some things will be easier if your T1 boost is marble. If you are elven, some things will be easier if your T1 boost is either marble or planks. That's about it.
thanks Ashrem, but not concerned w/looking to fit into an FS based on what goods they're short on; was just contemplating asthetics vs efficiency. tho i know if i found an FS i wanted to join, i'd simply use elvenstats.com to see what they were short on, then keep re-rolling cities until i got one they needed

Ok, with that approach, simply go for the ones you like the look of. The relics used in crafting Enchantments will be different based on what your boosts are, as a few people mentioned above, so you can disregard that part.

There are a few other considerations, such as the current perceived excess Scrolls being produced, etc. But those things can change, so I wouldn't get too hung up on it. Good luck in getting what you want!

By the way, the Silk factories look much better a bit further along:
View attachment 7984
thanks Nightshade, n even though i like the color scheme, they're still big moths/bugs, n i can't do bugs

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
thanks Ashrem, but not concerned w/looking to fit into an FS based on what goods they're short on; was just contemplating asthetics vs efficiency. tho i know if i found an FS i wanted to join, i'd simply use elvenstats.com to see what they were short on, then keep re-rolling cities until i got one they needed.

On thing to consider and maybe make you go with the set with Crystal and not Scrolls is because of the Moonstone Library set from the Spire, all servers are starting to see an excess of scrolls. So if you go with scrolls, you could end up having a hard time trading them for the crystal and silk you will need.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
tho i know if i found an FS i wanted to join, i'd simply use elvenstats.com to see what they were short on, then keep re-rolling cities until i got one they needed.
Assuming you're prepared to start over, and they are prepared to wait for a new city to reach the point where it can actually make a dent in their needs. Unless it's a pretty small fellowship, even having exactly the boosts they need you probably wouldn't be able to produce enough goods to make your boosts relevant to them until you're at the 30,000 to 100,000 point level.

In Chapter 13, Amuni, you will need to build a second T2 factory to produce your S2 goods. If you go with scrolls as your T2 boost you will end up needing to build the silk factories for your S2 goods. Just something to keep in mind.
thanks, had no idea about needing a 2nd tier-2 boosted good factory in ch.13...guess that makes my decision easier