• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Boosted Goods only? Direction of buildings?

DeletedUser7136

My first forum post ;) I recently joined a Fellowship! Felt great to not be the lone Elf in the dead zone and have help. My question or situation... I was struggling with population and had reached my threshold. I reached out for advice and was encouraged to delete all Goods that were not boosted. It worked and I'm now fine with population. Ive built up my boosted goods etc... However, I know find myself unable to move forward without trades for other goods.
Im curious to know how others feel about having other non boosted goods or do all fellowships work in this manner?
Its only been 48 hours since I made this dramatic change, I'm in independence withdrawal and find myself feeling needy LOL. Our fellowship is young and our fearless leader has been great and has offered to trade and help, no worries there. Just curious what others think in terms of the long haul moving forward.

Unrelated question can someone please let me know what direction the square numbers refer to? (3x5 , 2x3 etc... ) East to west and north to south? Thanks I find this confusing when trying to plan.
Humble Elf

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Boosted only is way more efficient than anything else, stick with it. If needed, change fellowships before going back to making non-boosted.
In a good boosted only fellowship you should have 6-8 players making each type of goods.
At max boosts you make 8 times as much as your non-boosted, so trading with others that also make +xxx% of something else is awesome.

the direction of the squares is wide, then tall if you look at the mountain cliffs as being North, then 3x5 means 3 east to west, and 5 north to south.

DeletedUser7136

Boosted only is way more efficient than anything else, stick with it. If needed, change fellowships before going back to making non-boosted.
In a good boosted only fellowship you should have 6-8 players making each type of goods.
At max boosts you make 8 times as much as your non-boosted, so trading with others that also make +xxx% of something else is awesome.

the direction of the squares is wide, then tall if you look at the mountain cliffs as being North, then 3x5 means 3 east to west, and 5 north to south.

I thank you for your insight ! Im hopeful and will keep a sticky note up that says "ask and you shall receive" or "just keep swimming, just keep swimming" ;}

DeletedUser61

3x5 is front left then front right. If you're an engineer then you'll be upset, but otherwise it's actually more obvious.

Liang Yee

Well, I totally agree with SoggyShorts. It's more efficient building your boosted manufactories only. Space, population and culture are too precious in this game. I used to have all manufactories, boosted and non-boosted. And after about 5 or 6 months into the game, it was extremely difficult to progress. I have since removed all of my non-boosted manufactories, after some advices from my neighbors. It works well for me so far. I rely solely upon trading to get those non-boosted goods. Psss...SoggyShorts is the expert here, you can't go wrong if you just do what he says ;)