• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Broken Shards storage should have more space

Velite-Id

Hi everyone,

I believe broken shards storage doesn’t have enough space. They are offered in tournaments, and many times I can’t keep the ones I earn because I’m not able to storage more than 10. And of course I can‘t use them if none of my Ancient Wonder buildings are in a level that need them for upgrade.
Some recipes in Magic Academy requires broken shards but we have no control of when it is presented. So when the storage is full we can do nothing about it.

This is clearly not working.

I like to propose two ideas if it hasn’t presented yet:
1. Make the storage in a way that has ability to store at least 70 broken shards.
2. Give us an option to change the broken shards to CC (Combining Catalyst) to be used in Magic Academy for recipes, whenever we choose to.

Thank you for considering,

Velite

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
1. Make the storage in a way that has ability to store at least 70 broken shards.
2. Give us an option to change the broken shards to CC (Combining Catalyst) to be used in Magic Academy for recipes, whenever we choose to.

People have been bugging Inno for year now to increase broken shard storage, but they keep saying no, and I no longer remember their reasons for it. Of course, some of the recent very good changes and improvements we have gotten were also things they kept saying no to, so you never know.

Converting them to CCs is highly unlikely, though. I could see them maybe making it so we could convert them into the rune shard of our choice from all the AWs we have unlocked through research. Then we could take them and use them for KP.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Hi everyone,

I believe broken shards storage doesn’t have enough space. They are offered in tournaments, and many times I can’t keep the ones I earn because I’m not able to storage more than 10. And of course I can‘t use them if none of my Ancient Wonder buildings are in a level that need them for upgrade.
Some recipes in Magic Academy requires broken shards but we have no control of when it is presented. So when the storage is full we can do nothing about it.

This is clearly not working.

I like to propose two ideas if it hasn’t presented yet:

Thank you for considering,

Velite
I would love more broken rune shard storage; it pains me to get zero for my hard work in tourney. I think either your idea to increase storage or Enevhar's idea to turn them into runes would be great.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
But does it matter if you have 10 broken shards or 20 broken shards? You'll just do next week's tourney with 20 broken shards that you can't use in time or find uses for. Right now you can still only use them to forge a rune in the off chance one wonder is in rune phase or the occasional crafting recipe in MA.

Velite-Id

Converting them to CCs is highly unlikely, though. I could see them maybe making it so we could convert them into the rune shard of our choice from all the AWs we have unlocked through research. Then we could take them and use them for KP.
I like your idea about converting them into rune shard of our choice. We have unlimited storage for rune shards. We can use it for upgrading our related AW as well.

Zoof

But does it matter if you have 10 broken shards or 20 broken shards? You'll just do next week's tourney with 20 broken shards that you can't use in time or find uses for. Right now you can still only use them to forge a rune in the off chance one wonder is in rune phase or the occasional crafting recipe in MA.
It may matter, but for a different reason. For me, at least, I do have a place to burn those broken shards on, but even a limit increase to 11 would help out a bit since I would no longer need to be so precise or check-happy with tourney when I'm grabbing them and going

Velite-Id

The storage should be grand. I’m thinking 70 or more. Since every 10 broken shards can forge in to one rune shard, 70 would be a reasonable amount.

But the idea of converting them to CC or forging them to the rune shards of our choice (at any time), seems even more beneficial for the players.

This change will encourage us to work hard for the tournaments.

Zoof

Where do you use the broken shard other than AW buildings and occasional MA recipes?

I was focusing more on the following:

Emphasis mine.

The thrust of the comment wasn't that I had a clandestine and undisclosed destination for broken shard smuggling shenanigans wish it were the case, tho ; it was that an increase in the limit could matter for the use case mentioned right after the bolded part. The use case being that the precision in collection can be relaxed a bit.

EDIT: To clarify, the destination is an AW that is deployed but doesn't have upgrade priority in my city. If there are no other AWs that I can dump a full broken shard supply on, it goes there.
EDIT2: Crossed out a statement I didn't like, but my sleep-deprived brain can't seem to pull together the right words. Something about not "that" use-case mentioned above but the use-case I mentioned in my own posting. I need something to do the connection but each time I try I end up with ZOOF.EXE has performed an illegal operation and must be shut down. If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Do we ctrl+alt+del this or sweep it under the rug before helya finds out we're breaking things? She said something about helping her hide things, didn't she?
zoof-BSOD.png