• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Browser crashing

DeletedUser

Is there anything I can do to prevent my browser from crashing during or after visiting, it is worse after visiting fellowship members. It is quickly becoming less and less worth it to be in a fellowship.

DeletedUser61

There IS! After the update on Tuesday, Aug 11th, go to your Options menu and activate Hardware Acceleration.
It's running on the Beta right now, uses half the memory, and doesn't blow up when you visit the neighbors.

DeletedUser

Actually, I am using that on the beta server, helped some but I still have problems. With that what I get a lot is the only thing that shows when I visit is the helping hands icons, can't see what it is that I am offering neighborly help on.

DeletedUser61

Hopefully you've filed a bug report that includes a detailed description of your system, and a surefire sequence for generating the errors. Or at least the results of several trials. As well you can imagine, the programmers can't fix a bug that they can't corner, in which case you'll end up piggybacking on somebody else.

For myself, I'm getting Stream Errors maybe twice an hour, with an instant reload, the occasional building that's offset a bit and won't respond until I reload, and the red expansion error that everybody else is reporting. Those are the sorts of glitches that will go away as they tune the configuration of the server farm. I watched the memory allocation for a while, and that problem has definitely been solved.

As you may have noticed, the smarter memory management release is scheduled for Aug 11th, and the gear options menu in the lower right corner of your display will include an OPT IN for Hardware Acceleration, so you can isolate the effects of the Hardware Acceleration. You have that same option in Beta, except that you have to Opt Out, so you might want to fiddle with that.

DeletedUser

I did not file a bug report because I didn't think it was a bug. Thought perhaps it was more like a conflict with something with my system. Just wondered if someone with more computer savvy than I knew of some settings I could fiddle with to improve things.

DeletedUser61

Maybe you will able to inspire someone to do exactly that.

DeletedUser

Emerald, try the new browser, Microsoft's Edge. It is free with Windows 10. I have noticed it crashes a lot less, and with tomorrow's update, perhaps none at all. IE 11 was horrible for me, which is why I updated my OS and browser.

Emerald, please, I never was sent a Beta Key for the Beta Server. Can u please do me favor, and tell player MustangK there, that Tumbleweed said hello. She is an old friend of mine from the Inno Game The West.

Thank you in advance for doing this!

DeletedUser

You don't need a key to get into beta. Just go to beta.elvenar.com and register there. You can join your friend there.

DeletedUser61

Or use the regional scroll bar at the very top of your login page.

Each regional server is independent, so you have to register for each group of worlds, and your diamonds don't transfer between regions like they do between worlds within the same region.

You wanted to learn French anyway, huh?