• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Buff Center, Visits, Provinces, and the Trader

Would you like to have the following features?

• Yes, I would like to have a Buff Center the way it's described here.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Nah, I don't need it.

• Yes, I would like to have a Neighbors Icon.

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Nah, I like visiting my neighbors from the World Map.

• Yes, I would like to have a Provinces Icon.

• Nah, I like going to the World Map.

• Yes, I would like to have separate views in the Trader for Neighbors, Fellows, and Strangers.

• Nah, I'm fine with the Trader as it is.

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

DeletedUser4778

BUFF CENTER

Since buffs can be an issue of contention, I would like to propose a buff center. The most likely choice would be the Trader since it's one of the few buildings aside from residences that we can't click on and since buffs are economic in nature. I previously thought of a system which would likely end in a bigger headache programming-wise which is why I didn't suggest it but finally came up with a simpler solution earlier.

My idea is this:
No need to enter a city and wait for it to load. Just click on the city in your world map. All buffs automatically enter the Trader. Then the recipient can just click on the Trader and choose where to apply the NH. It will save players a ton of time and give recipients the choice we need to apply NH where we need it most. If the devs want people to enter a city before they can help, then the colored or bigger handshake icons suggested elsewhere over the Trader should be implemented to make it easier to find the Trader which is only a few squares bigger than the Builder's Hut.

NEIGHBORS ICON

If the devs don't like the above suggestion, I would like a new icon for discovered neighbors, possibly placed beside or anywhere near the FS icon. Clicking on this will give a list of your neighbors with the home icon beside the player name exactly as it appears with FS members. The golden hands should also appear here instead of having to go through pages of notifications looking for the neighbor who helped you. The biggest benefits are ease of navigation since players won't have to go all over the world map and less time spent on tedious visits. Ideally, I would like to see this feature in conjunction with the first suggestion to cut down on time-consuming chores.

PROVINCES ICON
I would also like a similar icon for scouted but uncompleted provinces to save myself the bother of trying to locate scouted provinces. I have a list but it's getting harder and harder to pinpoint locations since my neighbors keep changing on me.

TRADER

I also find it tiring to go through page after page in the main Trader window which shows FS trades when there's a filter to show only those, not to mention the one-star trades from undiscovered neighbors. I'd like to propose more filters and, yes, I'm aware people have proposed other filters but I haven't seen the one I'd like suggested yet. If it has been proposed, my apologies for the redundancy.

4 Views:
All Trades
Neighbors (for discovered neighbors)
Strangers (for undiscovered neighbors)
Fellowship

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I like the idea of the buff centre, but removing any need to visit the city at all removes an important degree of socialization and cross-pollination of ideas. In a game that's primarily about the art, we should be seeing each others cities. Loading faster would be good. Maybe a scale version that cab load fast, then an option to view in greater detail. I'd support the buff centre if it still took you to the city when you select it, rather than letting you apply the buff in situ.

DeletedUser4778

I like the idea of the buff centre, but removing any need to visit the city at all removes an important degree of socialization and cross-pollination of ideas. In a game that's primarily about the art, we should be seeing each others cities. Loading faster would be good. Maybe a scale version that cab load fast, then an option to view in greater detail. I'd support the buff centre if it still took you to the city when you select it, rather than letting you apply the buff in situ.
I don't see how not visiting a city removes socialization and idea exchange. One could always still visit other cities. What my suggestion removes is the need to visit multiple cities in succession which causes lots of issues and, I believe, is simpler than making the game load faster which I believe will cost Inno more money and time. I visit lots of cities, not just those of my fellows and neighbors, but those who have around the same score as me because I'm always looking for ways to improve my layout and may get ideas from seeing other cities.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
60 + 24 FS members isn't too bad. I think the big push for a faster way to do visits comes from players with 150+ neighbors and 24 FS members AND 3 or even more cities that they play on.
Once you have 500+ visits to make it becomes a little tedious :rolleyes:

DeletedUser4778

I have 100+ and it's already tedious but I'm lazy. If I can find a way to automate things, I will.