• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Building design choice

mikeledo

What I didn't like was when you upgraded from a new guest race your buildings would be half of the new guest race and half of the old. I feel at about chapter 17, players should be allowed to choose the design of their city layout. They could have all fairy or all Egyptian or all forest etc. but at a higher level. I liked the armory checkerboard but now have ugly ones in chapter 20.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Skins.
I honestly can't believe that inno has ignored this potential revenue stream for all these years.
The worst part? The art is free. When you unlock an upgrade most of the time you unlock 2-3 levels at once and only actually use the highest level completely wasting the lower level art.
Charge diamonds to make your evo/workshop/residence look like a lower-level one

I am supremely confident that charging people to make their stage 10 evo look like a cute little stage [3] chick/bear/whatever would be a net positive investment.
And then take that revenue to make more unique new skins for buildings.

defiantoneks

well, it sounds nice, but since every x times the building also changes size/dimension. So you want them to create all versions of all buildings with all designs for you to pick from?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
well, it sounds nice, but since every x times the building also changes size/dimension. So you want them to create all versions of all buildings with all designs for you to pick from?
  • A: Yes
  • B: many of the buildings do not change size. In particular, the Evo buildings Soggy mentioned are always the same size for everyone, regardless of chapter or evolution level
  • C: They don't have to. At the very least, a smaller art could be slapped onto a base to take up the same dimensions. Add a little lawn in front, or a checker-board patio, or a garden. Put it on top of a pedestal, Add a simple market-stall to the front of the smaller art. There are hundreds of ways to make smaller art fill a larger space.
  • D: Yes. A very large number of games have proven that if you offer people alternate art for cash they will give you money.

BrinDarby

yes and no.... nothing "new" needs creating if you offer the
following option :
( for a price ) you may use any of the different pics/anni,
only for the current exact size building owned.

so a 4x4 evolve thats always a 4x4, you can pick any of
the different evolve pics/anni....
but for a 2x1 marble, you only get the different ones
avail up to lvl 5 (elves), to choose from.

You would hope that once you pay the cost on any bldg
untill you sell "that bldg" no matter what size it is, you
should have some option on which skins are avail, but
only for that size building..... and unlim chgs to skin.

Briar Witch

I agree with being able to change the look, and I always thought it would be a great idea for AWs in particular. Almost everyone builds them and we could pay diamonds to choose a different look so it's not so stale. Maybe even have seasonal options too!