• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Building Detail

Hero80462

When we click on an upgradable building and click on the upgrade tab, we see a tiny picture of what the upgraded building will look like.

To get to a larger picture, we have to go to the Wiki information .

It would be convenient if we could click on the small picture on the upgrade tab and get a pop up with the same big pictures from the Wiki info.

Just a thought.

What do YOU think?

Kekune

I'd find this helpful for event prizes we haven't won yet, too. The prize preview in the event panel is so small I often can't tell what I'm really spinning for without consulting a 3rd party site. Which is a shame, since often the artwork is the major draw for a lot of their prizes.

Hero80462

I'd find this helpful for event prizes we haven't won yet, too. The prize preview in the event panel is so small I often can't tell what I'm really spinning for without consulting a 3rd party site. Which is a shame, since often the artwork is the major draw for a lot of their prizes.
My point exactly. All these graphics already exist for the game and are the key element in its success. Small tweaks to the graphic user experience enhance the entire usability of the game. The only downside may be that the Wiki pages may see a downtick in visits.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I don't see why a "click to enlarge" would slow anything down unless you click it

Technically most programs try to anticipate what you will do next and cache the needed information. Caching is a process where you have a limited space of faster moving memory and you fill it with the stuff you think you will need -- or the computer does. In any case, if you guess right you system can get it from that "local" storage and it can be 20 to 100 times faster. In fact, if you had no caching each letter you type might take a full second to show up on the screen. The entire industry is built on predictive logic.

Now each time you do something the system looks in the cache first for the needed data. If it's there, great, if not, then it goes to the main memory area and looks. If you add 1 item to the list of possible things the person can do at a certain point you decrease the amounts of "hits" where the needed information is in the game AND thus increase the amount of time it takes, overall, to retrieve what the systems needs to do whatever you are asking of it. The increase is usually very slight, but over time, it adds up.

Finally, the worst case scenario is when the information is not in the cache and the system then makes room for it by dumping the least used information in the cache so it can put in the data related to what you just requested and that you might, therefore ask for next. Unfortunately, sometimes the data that just got dumped is what you actually request next and the whole thing results in a "miss." Enough misses and the system will flush the cache and start over -- really slowing things down.

The lesson to take away from this is that the fewer options a person has at any given point the higher the hit rate is and the less the system has to go to main memory (there are really several levels of cache but to make things simple I'm using just "the cache" and "main memory"), slowing things down greatly.

I do hope this clarifies things.

AJ

Aritra

On a similar note, I wish the picture showing the road tile did not show only one because this really misrepresents what your road would look like in sequence. I want to know what my roads would look like without having to spend resources to buy three or four just to test it.

Not asking for a second picture/pop up but if a new picture could show a single tile and next to it a pic of 2-3 tiles (regardless of text here, make sure clear in description that purchase is for single tile only.

If the space required for the image isn't enough and would result in losing existing detail, then maybe that could benefit from a pop up also (if the above pop up works, then perhaps have a pop up from the single tile showing what a few connected would look like). [maybe this should be it's own suggestion thread? just mentioned anyway...]