• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Buildings Menu Needed

Blue-Iris

It would be so helpful to have a pull down menu of buildings right next to the standard goods menu. I'm constantly having to count how many residences, factories and workshops I have when deciding which ones I need more of. Just listing the number of buildings of each factory and how many residences I have would be so great. I suppose such a menu might get huge in the later chapters, but the more buildings you have, the greater the need to keep track of everything.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm not sure I understand the benefit of this.
What importance does the number of buildings have for you? Do you try to follow a strict guide or something rather than "I need more planks, build another planks factory"?
I would think it more useful to see some total output statistics. Though that would be awkward since there are different production time options.
A total produced "yesterday" could be useful or a weekly average perhaps? but knowing that I have 7 or 8 of building X doesn't give me useful data..
I could be missing something though...

edeba

It would be so helpful to have a pull down menu of buildings right next to the standard goods menu. I'm constantly having to count how many residences, factories and workshops I have when deciding which ones I need more of. Just listing the number of buildings of each factory and how many residences I have would be so great. I suppose such a menu might get huge in the later chapters, but the more buildings you have, the greater the need to keep track of everything.
You can get a report on what you have from elvenarchitect. It is better to plan around having about the same number of squares for each boosted manufacturer rather than the same number of buildings. https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/.

But, I only look at trying to balance manufacturers, and then just go by how much population I have with decided if I need more residences, and whether supplies remain in stock for deciding on workshops kind of thing.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I'm not sure I understand the benefit of this.
What importance does the number of buildings have for you? Do you try to follow a strict guide or something rather than "I need more planks, build another planks factory"?
I would think it more useful to see some total output statistics. Though that would be awkward since there are different production time options.
A total produced "yesterday" could be useful or a weekly average perhaps? but knowing that I have 7 or 8 of building X doesn't give me useful data..
I could be missing something though...
It could be useful for planning purposes. Particularly when you are getting ready to do a round of upgrades in which your residences will change shape.

SoggyShorts

It could be useful for planning purposes. Particularly when you are getting ready to do a round of upgrades in which your residences will change shape.
Yeah, I still can't see how that helps. Having a drop down show you at glance that you have 15 residences and then going to EA to plan your build isn't really much better than simply going to EA and opening the drop down that shows you how many residences you have and then planning your build.

In-game features are only useful if they are better/more convienient than 3rd party resources and replace the need to actually visit other sites.
In a world where EA doesn't exist, maybe. But in that world, I wouldn't even play Elvenar anymore.:p

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Yeah, I still can't see how that helps. Having a drop down show you at glance that you have 15 residences and then going to EA to plan your build isn't really much better than simply going to EA and opening the drop down that shows you how many residences you have and then planning your build.

In-game features are only useful if they are better/more convienient than 3rd party resources and replace the need to actually visit other sites.
In a world where EA doesn't exist, maybe. But in that world, I wouldn't even play Elvenar anymore.:p
Not everybody uses EA. I don't. It sounds like the original poster doesn't.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I agree. I have about 100 mana and gum buildings in my vast moonstone library farm. I have no idea of how many gum trees I have and at what level., It's extremely difficult to count them by mousing over each, recording the level and moving on to the next. I'd like to know so I can calculate if it's worth the effort to replace them. In addition, having a list would show you if one of your buildings is "behind" -- meaning you thought you upgraded all your residences but missed one. Sometimes the visual differences aren't enough.

AJ

SoggyShorts

I agree. I have about 100 mana and gum buildings in my vast moonstone library farm. I have no idea of how many gum trees I have and at what level., It's extremely difficult to count them by mousing over each, recording the level and moving on to the next.
The list would only solve half(?) of your issue for you though since seeing that you have
30 at chapter X
25 at chapter Y
45 at chapter Z
Wouldn't tell you which are which.

gumlevels.png

This is how the feature looks on EA, and I just don't see it being very useful other than reminding you that you have a few buildings that you haven't upgraded as you said.
For OP's reasons of just counting how many residences etc exist in a city, I'm still unclear on the importance of that information.