• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

buildings

DeletedUser1996

oh boy ` there is a ton of threads on this subject !!

(MissAnthropy) Oops. I deleted a post that I intended to merge. That's why the following quote is an orphan.

DeletedUser1996

As Timon said in the live session on FB, I think rotation, just like storage, would remove a huge part of the challenge from the game.
Right - he did say that ! They are thinking about it -but its not gonna happen anytime soon --or at all ? ! glad you pointed that out Soggy !!

DeletedUser7294

once again,, its a city building game,, need to be able to place them where I want them. as long as I have the space.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
once again,, its a city building game,, need to be able to place them where I want them. as long as I have the space.
There is a very good reason to not allow rotation: it is a core challenge in the game. When your buildings reach a certain level they do rotate, and players are forced to face that challenge and arrange their city in new ways.
For example:
ruwgph.jpg

Both planks take up the same number of squares, but if I want to upgrade from 19 to 20 they change direction, so I have to make adjustments to my city layout, and that's the point.
If I were allowed to just rotate it back, then 100% of the challenge that comes with upgrading would be gone.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7294

geez, chill, I'm new here and didn't know,, thanks by the way for the very helpful understanding of the game..

but, depending on where u open up an expansion?? or am I still confused??

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

geez, chill, I'm new here and didn't know,, thanks by the way for the very helpful understanding of the game..
Man I didn't realize you were new, honestly. All I saw was an alert pop up telling me someone had posted in one of the dozens of storage/rotation threads followed by a "once again it's a city building game" argument that I've read far too many times.
You've actually been one of the first posters to ever actually accept an explanation, so I'm impressed.
but, depending on where u open up an expansion?? or am I still confused??
Not sure what you mean by this- where you place expansions won't effect your building orientation, just certain upgrade levels (it's different for each building)

BTW you might really like the website we use for city planning by @konniver (that's where I took the screenshot above)
www.elvenarchitect.com

DeletedUser7294

I mean an sxpansion would give me the space to place my building where I want it, if I need more space than just get more provinces done..

I'm just saying,, that it depends on where u put ur expansion,, doesn't it? Ugghh!!!,, I'm so confused.

SoggyShorts

oh, yeah. If you time it right and get an expansion from exploring at the same time as you get one from the tech tree you'll have a nice 5x10 area that will help you re-arrange your city how you want it,and to plan for upcoming upgrades/orientation changes/size changes.

DeletedUser7294

I get what u r saying, that they r gonna turn(rotate) at a certain point and challenge us, it is by the way, LOL

I'm at that point in the game where things r "turning",, it is a challenge!!

yep, I'm about to get an expansion lvl 8 and a province expansion at same time o,, maybe ill get some elbow room!! and quit complaining, LOL!!!

SoggyShorts

Just an fyi, rule #5 from the forum rules is fairly strictly enforced

5. Posting Protocol
- Avoid duplicate posts!

On these forums, "duplicate" refers to 2 posts in a row by the same player, not just 2 identical posts. The forum mods would rather have you edit your previous posts than make 2 or more in a row;)

Otherwise you get "infraction points" or something

DeletedUser68

We have a wonderful tool that allows folks to highlight and collect attributed SNIPPETS as they're reading ALL of the recent posts in a thread, and they can then organize the snippets and post a response that helps focus the discussion and GREATLY improves the readability of the forums.

The forum all too often turns into a food fight if folks are responding as they go, and are just hitting the reply button rather than highlighting snippets.